• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. E

"Ultimate" Klon vs. Klones video shootout

I played a Klone this weekend that was pretty slick, in that it was a small form factor (like TC Electronics' mini pedals) Klone, into a PRS tube combo of some sort, mid gain. I was blown away, really. I have no idea how close it is (though it sounded pretty close, as far as I can tell) but it...
  2. E

New Mesa Boogie Mark V Twenty Five announced!

Yeah, it's kind of got a different sag to the dynamics of it, different feel. Not as immediate, which is okay, just different.
  3. E

Name the NEW WAMPLER WAH!

The Sobbing Momma?
  4. E

"Ultimate" Klon vs. Klones video shootout

The real thing sounds great, it's just not $2000 great, compared to the others.
  5. E

Digitech Trio.

That looks stupid.
  6. E

Great comparison, you said it better than I did. They're certainly different enough that owning both is dare I say a necessity. :D
  7. E

Line 6 and Yamaha at NAMM 2015

I found the THR to be pretty awful, and am always surprised when I see it get so much credit here.
  8. E

Best small load box for Torpedo CAB?

Not to be contrarian, but the Hot Plate isn't a very good sounding load, since it's resistive, and not reactive. Some resistive loads can sound decent (Mesa CabClone, for example), but I found the HP to be pretty crappy sounding, IMO.
  9. E

Yeah, the post above you does a good job of describing the difference, but I've also compared them (and own a ROV25 myself). They're indeed pretty different, the Modern on the ROV is more aggressive for rhythm, but the Mark is more "singing" for leads and single note stuff. It's also tighter...
  10. E

Wizard Modern Classic 25 watter...

Last I looked, a Suhr Badger 30 with EL34's was $2000, and a Hot Rod 25 was $2300ish. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. E

Well, "Cork Sniffer" I wear like a badge of honor. :D
  12. E

Anyone using Line6 AMPLIFi live?

I've owned many Line 6 products over the last 12+ years, and never had a problem. I've found that no matter what brand you're talking about, you can always find someone shouting loudly on the Internet how it breaks down a lot, because they work on them. No offense, but it's just not a...
  13. E

NAMM 2015 Hotone digital modelling pedal

It certainly looks good.
  14. E

I'd say you're being overly kind, in many cases. :D
  15. E

Need a recommendation on a budget humbucking type guitar

This. Great guitar; I'm looking at the P90 version myself. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. E

Mesa TA-30 alternative?

I'd wait a bit. There are rumors of a TA-15 replacement with a loop. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. E

Atomic Amplifire - And Go!!!

Yes, an actual owners manual, so can definitively determine what to bicker about, instead of mere speculative bickering! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. E

Do You Prefer The Mesa Mini Rectifier/Rectoverb 25 Over The Dual & Triple Rectifiers

I do. It's just a different sounding amp. I use Vintage for gain the most, and it just gels really well with the EL84's, as does the Pushed clean setting. I like the big ones, but I LOVE my Rectoverb 25. The smaller size and weight is just a big added bonus. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. E

Well, arguably it's exactly the same, since you can just add a controller to the Amplifire. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. E

Yup, I'd rather wait for the inevitable flood of clips from regular users to show up, get an overall feel for it, then give it a go. I did just offload my POD HD in anticipation, but I've still got my iPad with BIAS, S-Gear, and my Mesas with a Cabclone. No shortage of toys to record with in the...
  21. E

I don't suppose it's as easy as slapping two TigerSHARCs in there, improving the modeling detail and allowing IR loading, and charging us $1000, is it? :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. E

I thought they said February. I'm getting one, but I'm not sure how long it'll take. I'm not on a list. I was an early adopter for a couple things, and I'm not doing that again, no matter how good the clips are. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. E

How do you mike up a POD? There's no power amp or speaker. Kidding aside, it's simply impossible to support your metric, or disprove it, since no one's done a study of the specifics of POD usage worldwide in studios. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. E

What are we on, like page 3 or 4 of bitching about the lack of USB audio? LOL Do I wish it had it? Yeah, it'd be cool. Am I crying over it? No. Jesus guys. Get over it, work a few extra shifts at McDonalds, and get a $100 audio interface. Case closed. Or go buy an AxeFx II, because even...
  25. E

Difference in philosophy, I suppose. Id prefer to merely have a device ready to go and sounding great with stock stuff, and some tweaking. Also, the one good thing about the TN stuff is the ability to visually slide the virtual mic around. A bit skewmorphic, but appropriate here for...
Top Bottom