• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. M

Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS)

Any opinions? The OM-28 Authentic 1931 looks intriguing! http://www.martinguitar.com/VTS
  2. M

Martin OM vs. Collings OM

Are there any characteristics that differ between these manufacturers? Some say that Collings' is brighter (or more balanced), others say they lack "life" and bass. What do you think? To specify, OM-28 / OM2h, OM-42 / OM3 etc. Which one would you recommend?
  3. M

Martin 00-42SC

Any love? Thinking this might be my next purchase. Cocobolo! Look at that rosette!! (Pictures borrowed from Reverb) NKE_jieQp3s Specs: Construction Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint Body Size: 00-12 Fret Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Rosette: Custom Style 45 Top Bracing Pattern: Standard...
  4. M

Platinum cables

I want to replace all my cables and have reliable cables and stick to one brand rather than having a couple of different manufacturers. What I need: 1x - Guitar Cable (12 ft), preferably with silent tip 5x - Patch Cables (Solderless or not, I don't mind) 1x - Speaker Cable (3 ft straight to...
  5. M

Pedal power!

Quick question - I have a T-Rex Chameleon power supply and these pedals: - Boss TU-3 - Keeley Katana - Klon Centaur - Way Huge Aqua Puss - Strymon Timeline ** - Strymon Flint ** ** Do these pedals need more power than the Chameleon can provide? Am I good to go, or do I need to swap it for...
  6. M

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

As a response to the Dr. Z thread mr. tweedbucket made a few days ago, I want to see your Two-Rock amps. Post pics, opinions, settings and tips here... Whats your favorite model? Which ones have you owned? Which one do you want? Settings? Signature or extension cab...
  7. M

Two-Rock dilemma.

Hey all! Just wanted your opinion on a serious dilemma: Which Two-Rock amp should I choose - The Classic Reverb or the new Crystal? I've been going back and forth on which model that would suit me best for a long time now. Decided on the Classic Reverb. After a solid 600 hours of work I have...
  8. M

Two-Rock + 1x12 or 2x12 cab?

I'm buying a Two-Rock Studio Pro 50 some time soon. I chose the 50w edition mainly because the 35 would break up a bit too early in a full band situation. I am going to buy a Two-Rock Signature Cabinet, with Celestion G12-65 speaker(s). The amp will mostly be used for bedroom practicing...
  9. M

What is this? Patch cable?

http://instagram.com/p/eoCh0tB882/ Can anyone tell me what they have inserted in the in- and output? Thanks.
  10. M

MTV Unplugged

I remember MTV used to play some real music back in the days. Looked it up, and found this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX6LFeU-XY&feature=endscreen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX6LFeU-XY&feature=endscreen Anyone else got some good unplugged sessions worth checking? :phones
  11. M

"Dude, where's the originality? Stop the fanboyism."

"Dude, where's the originality? Stop the fanboyism." Got this thrown in my face at a forum a few days ago. I've been thinking about it a bit. It came up on a thread where I asked if I should pull the trigger on a Two-Rock Studio Pro 35 or a John Mayer signature CLONE built by a friend of...
  12. M

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live At Montreux really opened my eyes

Were watching the live recording this morning. I didn't understand what all the fuzz was about, until now... I loved it! I haven't been this much into SRV earlier even though I've been listening to his stuff from time to time. Anyone who can recommend some other good stuff by him? Gotta start...
  13. M

Custom build amps vs. originals

I'm going to buy an amp I plan to have a while. The one I want is the Two-Rock Custom Reverb John Mayer signature. I have a friend who makes good amps. He has access to the schematics for this amp and can build to me. #1: Will this be a worse option than buying the original? #2...
  14. M

T-Rex Replica slapback settings?

Hi. Have had the Replica for some time now, but how do I set it to slapback mode? How should I set my knobs? Thanks!
  15. M

New speaker for Blues Junior, or a modkit?

Okay, so I have a Blues Junior (brilliant amp tbh!) I want to change the speaker to get the most out of it. I've checked a lot around. Here are my alternatives: Eminence Texas Heat Eminence Cannabis Rex Eminence Red White and Blues Eminence GB12/GB128 Eminence Wizard Eminence Lil’...
  16. M

Fender Closet Classics

Okay, so I'm buying a new Tele in about two weeks time. Thinking about going in on a Custom Shop model, because I am a fan of having a few top notch guitars rather than several guitars made on assembly lines in Mexico. I've been looking a lot on the different models, but can't seem to get...
  17. M

Fender CS vs. CS Relic value

I've been looking a lot at Fender Custom Shop guitars these later years, and I am still considering buying one. I have been thinking about a simple thing lately. The question seems quite obvious on some level, but there may be something deeper in it too. Does the Fender Custom Shop RELICs...
Top Bottom