• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. S

65 years old today...

Angus McKinnon Young was born. It would be a different world without him.
  2. S

Today is the 77th anniversary of...

... the birth of one of the greatest musical artists of our time, the legendary George Benson. A genuine triple threat.... singer, songwriter and guitarist.. I remember being captivated by this cut as a kid. Singing along with the horn lines he was playing on the guitar. I'm still amazed by it.
  3. S

Live From Home

Been seeing lots of these. How about we share some of our favorites? Here's mine... Chris Thile shreading the everloving crap out of Gillian Welch's "Hard Times". Could be titled, "When Bill Monroe steals your Adderall."
  4. S

53 years ago today...

Magic was made down in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
  5. S

76 years ago today...

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle "I've met Bob Dylan and his bodyguards, and I don't think Steve could get anywhere near his coffee table." - Townes Van Zandt Townes Van Zandt...
  6. S

25 years ago today...

Jeff Buckley's "Grace" was released. An amazing album from an artist who left us way too soon.
  7. S

Released 60 years ago today...

Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue". A benchmark release for the ages and one of a handful of albums that I never tire listening to.
  8. S

46 years ago today...

Stevie Wonder released "Innervisions". Simply put, a beautiful, beautiful album.
  9. S

40 years ago today...

… AC/DC released "Highway To Hell". IMO, as close to a perfect rock n roll album as has ever been made. Great songs, front to back. Sonically, as good as I've ever heard. Top 5 all time, desert island album for me. Another interesting fact... 367 days after releasing "Highway To Hell", and...
  10. S

39 years ago, today...

AC/DC released their first album after the passing of Bon Scott. They pulled off a feat that few bands have ever done... successfully continuing after losing an incredibly charismatic frontman. "Back In Black" speaks for itself and is one of those albums that I never get tired of listening to.
  11. S

32 years ago today...

… Guns N Roses released their debut album, "Appetite For Destruction". I was 19 years old and it was a huge record for me. IMO, as much of a game changer of an album in the hard rock genre and any before it.
  12. S

40 years ago today...

At 34 years old, Lowell George passed away from a heart attack. Some musical artists have "it" and Lowell certainly did, in spades. Gone too soon. RIP Lowell.
  13. S

Some Girls

Released 41 years ago, today, it was the first full album with new full-time member Ron Wood. I was 10 years old and this was the album that made me a lifelong fan. Shadoobie!
  14. S

Waterloo WL-AT

Great! Another Colling/Waterloo guitar that I HAVE to have. This is perfect for me to live out my David Rawlings wannabe fantasies. https://www.waterlooguitars.com/wl-at/
  15. S

Peter Gabriel's "So"...

Released 33 years ago, today. Arguably, one of the best albums of the 80's. I was a week or so away from graduating high school when this came out. I was a metalhead and wanted very little to do with any other genre, but this album resonated with me in a big way. Incredible songs, great...
  16. S

46 years ago today...

Duane Allman died in a motorcycle crash, just a couple of weeks shy of his 25th birthday. RIP Duane.
  17. S

The final performance...

Exactly one year ago, tonight... He did two shows, so it's really "performances."
  18. S

15 years ago, today...

It's hard to believe it's been 15 years. His was a genuine tragedy. Layne Staley was a troubled soul, no doubt, but out of the despair and anguish came music that was more real than anything else that came out of that damp city and took over music for a few, brief years. Look no further than...
  19. S

HBD TVZ

The late, legendary and prolific singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt would have been 73 years old today. One of the best quotes I've ever heard was from Townes. Steve Earle said, "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world, and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy...
  20. S

Released 25 years ago, today...

The first two words that come to mind when I think of this album... game changer.
  21. S

Goodbye Pork Pie Hat... I've never see this version. Wow!

Joni Mitchell - vocals Pat Metheny - guitar Jaco Pastorius - bass Don Alias - drums Lyle Mays - electric piano Michael Brecker - saxophone So, so nice.
  22. S

Released 20 years ago, today...

Baduizm, by the undisputed Queen of Neo-soul. Game changer. Desert islands stuff. Badu!
  23. S

Released 40 years ago, today...

Released 40 years ago, today. As a kid, this record was a staple in my house and it had a very profound influence on me. I still listen to it, regularly. For me, Top 5 of all time list. Desert island stuff.
  24. S

Happy 71st, you crazy diamond.

If he were still with us, he'd be 71 years old today. Happy Birthday Sid and I hope you're resting easy.
  25. S

Eddie Hazel... 24 years ago, today.

Gone way too soon. RIP EH.
Top Bottom