• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. RockinRob

Hoffman Guitars, Minneapolis...anyone use before?

i have a Gibson J200 with a separating seam under the bridge. This is a custom shop guitar and want the repair done right. Never used an acoustic luthier before, and these guys pop up and are authorized by Gibson. Any input appreciated.
  2. RockinRob

Are Chinese Celestion Blues worth it?

i am finally going to try some blues in my ac30cc2, but I have read all kinds of weird stuff as to where these are made. Can anyone chime in on the state of the Blue, and whether the Chinese ones still sound correct? Is it still the best choice for classic ac30 tone? I have listened to some...
  3. RockinRob

Strymon at line levels?

i am thinking about adding a new reverb processor to my rack, but I am tempted to simply add a blue sky in a pull out draw. It's a pity strymon doesn't make a good rack unit. Any experience how they handle line levels? Will the Blue Sky hold up to the reverbs in a lexicon or TC rack unit?
  4. RockinRob

Best new rack processor for Edge-delay

i need a new rack unit to run my wet side. Interested primarily in the edge multi-tap type delays, reverb a plus. What processor is handling that the best these days? Not interested in vintage stuff.
  5. RockinRob

Which processor do I want?

I run a wet/dry/wet rig. The wet side is processed with an old Intellifex that I still really enjoy, but if I use delay and pitch shifting I am lacking reverb. So basically I want a second unit to handle delay and reverb (preferably simultaneously). I'd prefer to keep it rack, but not opposed...
  6. RockinRob

Rocktron Patchmate repair help

I have a rack mounted patchmate. Some of the input jacks on the back are extremely loose, and won't hold the cable in securely. When I first thing in the 91 or so, I remember a tech saying he tightened the jacks. Is there a screw or something that just needs to be tightened if I open it up?
  7. RockinRob

Guitar wall hanger with base?

i was at a mom and pop today, and their Taylor's were on a slat-board hanger, but there was also a base that they rested on. Unfortunately, neither mom nor pop were around to ask them about them. Does someone make these commercially for mounting on a normal (non slat) wall?
  8. RockinRob

What speaker and cab/wood makes the best "woody" sound?

playing clean and crunch. Trying to recreate what most refer to as that "woody" sound which definitely has a certain boxey but noticeable woody thump. I have only heard it myself on older stuff, nothing new production. Thoughts?
  9. RockinRob

Where in Minnesota can I try a Friedman?

anyone?
  10. RockinRob

How would you power this board?

I am retired from gigging and just use this large board at home and recording. I have a looper to keep the noise out of any of the unused pedals out of the chain. I am currently using an older Pedal Power 2, and I am out of jacks. Although I am not currently using any huge digital effects, I...
  11. RockinRob

Stacking advice...

I have a ts-9 and a BB preamp. With the eq versatility of the BB, do you think it should be placed before or after the ts-9 when stacked?
  12. RockinRob

The most important question ever asked on TGP....

what color should the guitar strap be for a white guitar with gold hardware? White, gold, tan leather, black? Seriously...what do I want here?
  13. RockinRob

What dirt pedal for Gretsch thru completely clean fender?

looking for a good tex-mex kinda sound. I run my 66 pro and 76 twin completely clean, so I need something that can add some nice raunch but keep the gretsch sound. Generally I prefer a slightly overdriven amp with a boost pedal, but for this rig the amps have to stay clean. No experience With...
  14. RockinRob

Where are the 4th of July sales?

if u know of any, post em! Daddy needs a new Gretsch.
  15. RockinRob

Obscure speaker advice/recommendation

I have a hot rod deluxe that needs a new speaker. I want to be able to get close to the distorted/lead guitar in this awesome song. Might as well give me a tremolo recommendation for that too :). If anyone needs a Salma fix after this, it's not my fault.
  16. RockinRob

What's your favorite vintage Marshall?

i need to find one. Preferably a 50 watt JMP from mid 70s. I am 48 and have wanted one of these my whole life, and could just never find one that wasn't gutted or damaged. I do see a 1976 2100 on Craigslist, but not familiar with that model. Anyone got the skinny on that one?
  17. RockinRob

Hey Nineteen - Hugh McCracken's tone

Anybody know what he used on this tone? Thinking something like an ES style, dynacomp and old fender?
  18. RockinRob

Need a Minneapolis Luthier- Recs please

Hello Folks: I have a collection of guitars that need some work. Most significant may be a Custom Shop Gibson J-200 that may have a cracked top. I'd also like to get my custom LP refretted, and basic setups for a Jem and tele. I have been putting off needed repairs out of fear of...
  19. RockinRob

Pedalboard Bypass Loopers

What's the TGP popular opinion on best pedal bypass loopers? I'd like ten loops. I have a lot of vintage pedals that I don't want to modify. I am surprised that I don't see these more on people's boards. MIDI would be nice but complete transparency would be my main concern.
  20. RockinRob

Waves GTR issues

I tried posting this a few places but got no suggestions. I really like the GTR plugin, but for some reason the plug sounds great thru the standalone program, but when I load it as an insert in Cubase 8 it gets muddy. I have checked that the sample rates and buffers are the same, and I am...
  21. RockinRob

Did Xmas sales seem lame this year?

I had money to spend...and nobody wanted it bad enough, lol.
  22. RockinRob

are pop filters basically the same?

Any reason I shouldnt buy a $10 job thru Amazon? Any recommendations?
  23. RockinRob

Help with hard drive noise

My music cave studio is in my basement. when my computer is on I can hear some squeal from the hard drives, and also the mouse, through my guitar amps. the amps are on an inexpensive Furman but the comp is on a different plug with just a cheaper surge protector. this is especially annoying...
  24. RockinRob

Need speaker recommendation

I have a 70s SFTR, a blackface Pro Reverb, and a Mexi Hot Rod Deluxe. I'd like to start experimenting with different speakers, as none of the amps have the original speakers. I am looking for classic clean, sparky fender tone. any dirt would come from pedals. looking for round and full, good...
Top Bottom