• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. M

EV Evolve 30m - big noob question

You connect a mixer into channel 5/6.
  2. M

Using a venue's sound guy & PA at a gig vs using your own - pros and cons

You don't have a clue to what it takes to be a band soundman.
  3. M

EV evolve 50

I posted earlier in this thread about using the evolve 50s at a guest ranch gig. We just finished our last one for the year this week. The speakers performed really well. We used it outside on a deck 3 times and had plenty of volume. The other dozen times we were inside. We have another ranch...
  4. M

Do you play live because it's a fun pastime, or because you want to make money?

Both, I love to play and have been doing it for over 40 years. My band gets paid well, this last week I played 3 gigs that payed almost as much as my day job.
  5. M

"nobody uses real amps anymore" says the sound guy

Back in the 80s you were probably playing clubs with stages. Now days seams like most bands doing bar gigs are set up on the floor in a corner.
  6. M

How to know which Behringer active PA speakers can be paired with which of their subs?

The watts don't mean anything. You need to look at the maximum spl. That being said I don't for a minute think that the $250.00 DR112dsp can can come anywhere close to 134db.
  7. M

Behringer Pmp2000d

On the sweetwater site it says the maximum SPL is 96 dbs The EVs that you had would have been at least twice as loud. I edited my post because the maximum dbs on sweetwater seamed way to low. Behringer says 96db sensitivity.
  8. M

New QSC K2 firmware - protect mode 4

10db is twice as loud not 7. Sweetwater has 2 DZR10 in stock. DZR10 lists for about $1200.00. The QSC is about $750.00.
  9. M

New QSC K2 firmware - protect mode 4

The DZR cost about 50% more On paper better specs also
  10. M

How to get more low end from kick drum in live setup?

Does the zoom have a 31 band or parametric EQ on the main output? If it doesn't time to buy a real digital mixer and leave the toy one for rehearsal.
  11. M

How to get more low end from kick drum in live setup?

Without knowing what speakers you are using no one can offer any real help.
  12. M

Cheap Trick: In Color or Heaven Tonight

I just looked up their discography and didn't realize they had so many albums. Besides the first thee being discussed in this thread I also like "All shook up" and "Lap of luxury" Good songs on both albums.
  13. M

Need tips for quickly setting up PA

Well it does explain which one of us takes their bands sound seriously. :)
  14. M

Well I'm busy playing gigs also. Playing one tonight as a matter of fact. I make enough money doing it as a side job to be able to own 2 dozen speakers and 8 mixers. If you want to try just using 1 speaker then you should get something like the Electro voice Evolve 50. I will be using 2 of them...
  15. M

So was Herbie playing though just 1 PA speaker? How about the band that was playing a 500 seat club? You say you take PA seriously but you don't even know what speakers you were using for 16 years. NEWSFLASH Mackie never made a SRM10. It was called the SRM350. Now you have an EV speaker, do you...
  16. M

Well it sounds like you at least have a clue. :) Not sure how just using one speaker would be a good option unless you ae playing to very few people.
  17. M

Is it totally reasonable for the audience to listen to a band that obviously doesn't care enough to bring enough PA to sound good.
  18. M

Maybe you can just start screaming the vocals and forget the PA all together.
  19. M

Gigging cable bag? suggestions

I use a milwaukee pack out rolling tool box. Milwaukee PACKOUT 22 in. Rolling Tool Box-48-22-8426 - The Home Depot Pricey but worth it IMO.
  20. M

Power rating of PA speakers vs a power amp? What is safe to use?

In your case you would be better off with powered speakers. The guesswork has all been done by engineers.
  21. M

2 x Portable PA systems? Or just the 1?

I would go with your second option. She knows her system and you know yours. I actually just bought the bose S1 pro to use around the house for streaming music.
  22. M

2 x Portable PA systems? Or just the 1?

As usual someone comes on here asking advice but doesn't tell us what gear they are using and expect to get an answer.:rolleyes:
Top Bottom