• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. J

New Cp Thornton arrival

New CpT Classic #376 arrived a few days ago. Typical Chuck craftsmanship, only difference is this one is the REAL beauty in the collection. I chose this glossy rendition of the early 60's Fender color: vintage cream. I have named this color "Banana Pudding" because Chuck already had a vintage...
  2. J

CpT #0001

I am thrilled to have come across CpT #0001, Chuck Thornton's first creation. It is a beautiful Jazz Elite model with a beautiful spruce top & elegantly flamed maple neck, back, & sides. Chuck made this jewel back in 2004. And it has been kept well, as it looks brand new. Tonewise, it is...
  3. J

New World Record for Cp Thorntons?

Nine years ago a group of guys held the very first Michigan Jam. About a dozen musicians showed up. It became an annual event, with a few more folks showing up each year - some from as far away as FL, SC, NY, NJ, PA, & the UK. This past weekend #9 was held just outside Lansing, MI. There were 17...
  4. J

BIG DAY: I just orderd another Cp Thornton Legend Special

After owning almost 200 guitars in the last 41 years, my Cp Thornton Legend Special has become my all-time #1 Favorite. The most toneful, versatile, playable, balanced, well designed, comfortable, inspiring guitar of them all. I simply cannot pass it without a fondle & can't seem to put it down...
  5. J

Oh, mercy! My new Cp Thornton Legend Special!

Anyone else seen or played Chuck's latest model, the Legend Special? I have owned every one of his models, but this is, hands down, my all-time favorite guitar. Aside from Chuck's usual world class quality craftsmanship, this is one of the most toneful machines ever. It covers every genre I...
  6. J

New Cp Thornton Improv jazzbox arrival

After the long 1 1/2 year wait, my new CpThornton Improv hollowbody jazzbox has arrived at it's new home. What a beauty. I've owned Ibanez, D'Angelico, Heritage, Gibson, & Gretsch hollowbody jazzboxes. This is a gamechanger - nothing comes close. For the jazzer who MUST have the best playability...
  7. J

New Cp Thornton Improv jazzbox anxiety

The countdown has begun to finally getting my hands on the newest CpThornton creation, the Improv. I got to see & fondle this new jazzbox about a month ago when it was in the early assembly stage. The frets & deluxe inlays had such a grand feel on that mahogany neck, despite the lack of strings...
  8. J

Wow! April Tonequest Report on CpT Legend

April's Tonequest Report on the Cp Thornton Legend is the most articulate, thorough review of a guitar & a guitar builder I have ever read in a magazine. The reviewer seemed flipped out about the Legend. It covered the depth & breadth of the construction, build, size, innovations, & tone...
  9. J

Black or Surf Green CpT?

I finally came to the realization that I'm playing my CpT Classic more than his other models. After seeing all your CpT collections in my previous post, I have been re-thinking my next CpT order. I was leaning heavily towards a glossy black Classic, but that surf green Classic has set off GAS...
  10. J

My CpThornton Harem

Recently got my 11th CpThornton guitar, his new HTL model. Hands down the best strat model I've played in 43 years. It was kinda nice down south today, so I took the whole harem out for a family photo: It's so hard to pick a favorite. Jay
  11. J

Don't buy a new CpT Legend

They're too wonderful and one simply will not satisfy your afterthirst from drool loss!! I found the perfect remedy: BUY 2 of them!! I feel MUCH more relief, now. Been playing guitars since 1962, and it don't get no better than this new CpT Legend. Unbelievable neck, perfect construction...
  12. J

New CP Thornton Legend

I've loved my other CP Thornton guitars so much that I just could not imagine anything could be better. Not so. I just got my new goldtop Legend [new model] and it is to die for. Looking like the goldtop LP I've always wanted but never pulled the trigger on, it has exceeded every expectation I...
  13. J

Good mic for bluegrass band into one mic?

I have a gig in a musical about the Carter Family. We need to gather a 5-man band around one mic and it needs to pick up the guitars, mandolin, banjo, and vocals for a 150-seat theatre. Since I'm also the producer, I've gotta come up with something that looks kinda old and also works well. Main...
  14. J

Good mic for bluegrass band stage show?

I have a gig in a musical about the Carter Family. We need to gather a 5-man band around one mic and it needs to pick up the guitars, mandolin, banjo, and vocals for a 150-seat theatre. Since I'm also the producer, I've gotta come up with something that looks kinda old and also works well. Main...
Top Bottom