• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. J

Small, versatile tube amp suggestions

I'm looking for a high quality, small (20 watts or lower) tube combo amp. I play all different styles of music and guitars. I'd like to be able to set the amp up to be heavily overdriven with my guitar's volume all the way up, and warm clean tones when I roll the guitar's volume back (rich jazz...
  2. J

Morgan Abbey vs Vox AC15

Hey everyone! So I LOVE the sound of a Vox AC15 top boost channel at the edge of break up. How comparable is the Abbey to an AC15? I know it's based off the top boost of a Vox, but is it much quieter? I usually mic my amps wherever I play. I play in church mostly. Does the Abbey break up too...
  3. J

New Amp Recommendations

Ya I've always played Vox amps for the most part and I love them. They do the edge of breakup thing so well. The Jackson Newcastle, Morgan Abbey and Morgan 10pm all look great. Would those do edge of breakup well or would they breakup too fast? And should I be looking into top boost style or...
  4. J

New Amp Recommendations

So would a Vox style amp not work for me?
  5. J

New Amp Recommendations

So in short, Im looking for a bright but full & fat sounding amp to pair with my tele (equipped with a P90 in the neck & vintage single coil in the bridge) that would be set at edge of break up and go great with a thick fuzz pedal.
  6. J

New Amp Recommendations

Well, a few months ago, I had to sell my amp to help pay for school, so I have been borrowing amps for quite some time. I've been using anything from a Vox AC15, AC4tv, a Laney amp, and a VHT amp. I've landed a great job so I just bought my new tele (which is incredible!) and now I'm wanting to...
  7. J

New Amp Recommendations

Hey everyone, I'm currently in the process of looking for a new amp. I play a wide variety of different music, but mostly P&W. I have a Tele with a P90 in the neck and a vintage tele single coil in the bridge. I like to use my fuzz pedal for all of my dirt needs, and then use my guitar's...
  8. J

Analogman Sunface club

Quick question: How does the Sunface (NKT275 Red dot) react with different amps? For example, how does it sound with Vox style amps? Marshall, Fender, etc? Because I play Vox style amps mostly, but occasionally use friends' amps for fun. I set my amps at the edge of break up and then like to use...
  9. J

Strymon El Capistan vs. Empress Tape

So the El Capistan doesn't sound good with overdrive?
  10. J

Analogman Sunface club

Awesome! That's exactly what I'm looking for! What kind of pickups does your Tele have? And how hot did you run your AC15?
  11. J

Analogman Sunface club

Have you played it through a Vox amp?
  12. J

Analogman Sunface club

Hey guys. I'm very interested in the Sunface Red Dot NKT275. I'm wanting a thick and warm fuzz that cleans up to a warm overdrive with the guitar's volume. I play a Tele (2 single coils) into a Vox AC15. I set the amp to the edge of break up to low gain when I really dig in. I want a fuzz to...
  13. J

Duo Jet vs Tele

I play at church mostly, but keep in mind that I only use one fuzz pedal for all my dirt needs. So cleaning up with my guitar's volume is essential.
  14. J

Duo Jet vs Tele

Ya a Tele definitely seems like the way to go for what I'm looking for. So where should I start looking? There's tons of great builders out there these days. I'd definitely want a high quality Tele, probably 2 single coil pickups.
  15. J

Duo Jet vs Tele

So since I'll be using my guitar's volume knob for my gain needs, a Tele would probably work best for me, right?
  16. J

Duo Jet vs Tele

Hey! So I'm about to buy a new guitar, but I need help deciding which to get. I know these guitars are much different. I play through a Vox AC15 set to edge of break up to low gain when I really dig in. I want to get a brighter guitar to go with my amp because I like to use a thick, warm fuzz...
  17. J

Analogman Sunface Red Dot NKT275

Would this pedal work with a Vox AC15 and a Gretsch Powertron? Because both the AC15 and the powertron pickups have lots of mids. So would this pedal be too muddy with my rig? I set the amp to edge of breakup with low gain when I dig in.
  18. J

Strymon El Capistan vs Trex Replica

Has anyone played both of these?
  19. J

Ok guys so basically both pedals sound amazing, but are the El Cap's functions worth it to get it over the Replica? What would be some pros and cons of getting both? Which one would pair nicer with the MLJr?
  20. J

Ok so I'm looking for a tape delay to pair with my Diamond MLJr. I use the MLJr for rhythmic delay and ambiance. I want another delay that would pair nicely with it. I want it to fill up my sound and give a beautiful ambient texture to it. Also to stack with the MLJr for rhythmic delays. I know...
  21. J

Fuzz Experts Needed

I actually much prefer warm tones as well. And I liked what you said about using the guitar's volume knob to tighten it up and then crank it for leads. That's exactly what I'm wanting to do! Thanks!
  22. J

Fuzz Experts Needed

Ya I think I owe it to myself to try the Sunface. If that doesn't work out the LM will always be there.
  23. J

Fuzz Experts Needed

Well, if I got the Sunface, I'd get the sundial option and I'd be able to put it first in my chain. And I play in stable temperature conditions anyway. Only problem is that it may be too dark with my LP. But fine with my Tele.
  24. J

Fuzz Experts Needed

I'm looking at the red dot NKT 275. I don't need/want really high gain and I think it would be capable of some cool overdrive tones. Unless it's picky with guitar/amp combos!
  25. J

Fuzz Experts Needed

Thanks for all the responses guys. Right now, I'm torn between the Skreddy LMMDX and the Sunface. The Sunfce is capable of more fuzz, which is cool, but is it a picky pedal? Can it clean up well? I don't need it to get totally clean, but I'd love to get some warm overdrive out of it. And...
Top Bottom