• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. H

Great Metal Rhythm Players

You contributed with Phil Campbell... Your opinion is invalid.
  2. H

Great Metal Rhythm Players

This thread is a joke... Where's Willy Adler and Mark Morton?
  3. H

ESP HRF NT - Anyone played it?

Yes I have, and it is an amazing guitar. I was shopping for an ESP Horizon late last year and I still slightly regret getting a regular Floyd Rose equipped Horizon over the HRF. I could also score the HRF in Amber cherry burst finish which is way cooler looking than the black one - though they...
  4. H

Concerts where the opening act was better than headliner

Lamb Of God opening for Metallica on the Death Magnetic tour. LOG might not be everyones cup of tea, but the tightness and energy they provided was spectacular and made me an instant fan. Needless to say, having Lars Ulrich drumming after Chris Adler just doesn't sound good...
  5. H

Does your cover band tune down a 1/2 step?

This. I say the singer get's the saying in downtuning or not.
  6. H

Boss BR-800 mastering problems

I recently bought a Boss BR-800 as a device to record some demos for my band. After spending the weekend laying down the tracks I went into mastering mode as described simply in the manual and when I connected the BR-800 to my MacBook I could not find the track. The folder where it should be...
  7. H

Silly band drama

If you want to keep both and avoid stuff like that for the future, sit them down and talk it through until you find a way for both to accept that this happened one time too many. Being funny at the expence of your band mates is cheap and totally uncalled for. Kudos to your bass player for not...
  8. H

When your band played a song that ended up a shameful TRAINWRECK live ?

My top three from my current band: - Singer losing his voice during the first song, storms off stage and leaves us with nothing but puzzled faces. - Drummer not able to play the intro of Rock 'n' Roll All Nite and has to attemp the intro three times before getting it somewhat right. - Drummer...
  9. H

I want to add an AC DC cover...

I don't listen much to AC DC but I leave my musical preferences at home when I play a gig. I've been advocating playing AC DC for years without luck because our drummer finds them boring. So yes, you are right, sir.
  10. H

Heavier as in fat distortion - not overdriven and D tuning.
  11. H

...to the set. Problem is that no-one in the band is fans of them at all, so it would be to please all the people shouting for an AC DC cover when we play. To those of you having AC DC covers in your set, which ones works better and is suited to be played heavier then the original?
  12. H

Songwriting

No but I often have the problem that I add a riff that I later find out is already "taken". So when I record a demo I always have a select few listen through to tell me if I have stolen something without being aware of it.
  13. H

Backhanded Musical Compliments: What are some of the best?

Had a gig on Friday and my boss come to see me play. His comment after the show had me laughing for hours; "You are a better guitar player than a worker." FTW
  14. H

So you're dead - pick the songs played at your funeral

I'd pick the theme music from "The Muppet Show".
  15. H

Rockstar Yearbook Photos

There's more? Please tell me there's more :D
  16. H

Sweden... ?

English lyrics is common in Europe (minus Rammstein and French rap ;) ) Manu Chao is popular in Scandinavia, so if you can pull it off, try to label your self in his category.
  17. H

Seriously, Black Sabbath?

Timcito; We know Bill Ward's version of the story. Sharon/Black Sabbath had declined to give their version, except pulling a Van Halen on their website.
  18. H

Effect loop set up

I have the following set up between my guitar and my amp: ->Wireless receiver->Tuner->Wah->OD->Distortion->Boost->Chorus->Delay I also consider adding a 10 band EQ to my effect chain as well. How would you do this in order to keep all pedals on the board but to have one separate chain between...
  19. H

Effect loop set up

I have the following set up between my guitar and my amp: ->Wireless receiver->Tuner->Wah->OD->Distortion->Boost->Chorus->Delay I also consider adding a 10 band EQ to my effect chain as well. How would you do this in order to keep all pedals on the board but to have one separate chain between...
  20. H

Annoying business practices

They are charging UK VAT rate, yes. They were kind enough to give me a ring now and told me that they couldn't deduct the VAT from my order for accounting reasons but they would refund me the shipping costs - which is more or less break even for me.
  21. H

Thanks, I'll give it a try :)
  22. H

I ordered some parts from Marshall last night, and their website states that where due, VAT would be deducted at check out. As I go through the check out process, the VAT is never deducted. I add a comment in the comment field pointing this out and asked them to correct the sum for my payment...
  23. H

Custom guitar picks ?

I've used InTuneGP(.com) three times and I find them very good. They don't do Nylon and only single colour print, but the picks and print is high quality.
  24. H

Flight case purchase

I need to get a flight case for my Marshall 6100 head but I have no idea where to find one. Any online shops that you recommend?
  25. H

Check out this guitar closet...what do you think?

Compliments! That is really cool!
Top Bottom