• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. W

Cab makers? Go!

Best two cab builders i have ever heard, played or owed is.. Kerry Wright and Port City. Kerry Wright has long been the standard and gotten the label as "Best Cab Builder" and Port City are the innovative and newer company. If you want a traditional cab (Fender, Marshall, Vox or anything...
  2. W

Debate time!! best delay ever and why

My favorite two pedal delay's are Maestro EP-3 and the Yamaha UD-stomp as it is 3 rack processors put in to a single pedal. But nothing compares to an Eventide H8000 nothing can do what this machine does and it will be a long time before something more powerful comes out.
  3. W

Who winds the best '69 'grey bottom' Strat pickup?

Stephen Design pickups are great he does vintage fender and gibson pickups as good as it gets. He even gets the same alnico magnets from the same place fender did in the 50's and 60's... If you don't want to spend that much money the next best thing are Suhr pickups His V60LP are great!!
  4. W

Popularity of Jetter Pedals

Brad makes amazing stuff and is an even better guy. I haven't tried his new Indigo fuzz but i do have his Gain Stage Blue (his first fuzz) it was a good pedal it wasn't the best but very good for what it is, I also Have the Gain Stage Red (not shift) and Purple. The red quickly became my...
  5. W

Clapton Layla tone

I highly recommend Suhr V60LP pickups there awesome! I would also upgrade the rest of your electronics change out the 5 way switch and the crappy pots something with a 10% tolerance, Change the tone Cap to a .01 and upgrade the tremolo to a callaham so you have real steal instead of cheap zinc...
  6. W

P90's In A Strat?

Check out Bill Asher guitar's Marc Ford model it is a great combo of a LP Jr and a strat. it has P90, callaham tremolo and a few hidden surprises.
  7. W

Live at Daryl's House

My favorite episode was the one with Monte Montgomery he killed it... One of my favorite guitar players ever he killed it. I have the one with Cee Lo Green recorded but i haven't watched it yet i expect it to be good. I was shocked to see it on tv it has been on the internet for a long time i'm...
  8. W

15 - 20 Watt Marshall Style Amp Recommedations

Suhr Badger, Blankenship or Roccaforte amps make all great killer low wattage plexi style amps.
  9. W

On a Marc Ford kick, need some help with a Neptune Blues Club tone.

Marc is an awesome guy and he does jump around a lot with what he will use in the studio. I don't think anyone mentioned he used Roccaforte amps (there version of a Plexi) Effect wise it has always been basic A tuner and Analog Man Sunlion is what he use for the most part on the last black...
  10. W

Best Small Clean-OD Amp for Apartment Use

If your budget allows it go with one of the Diamond Amp's they have made a few different small style amps ranging from vintage plexi sound up to more modern sounds. If you can't afford that nothing comes close to the Tweaker not only do you get different sounds you get an FX loop and it will...
  11. W

Looking for vintage tone, in a modern guitar?

For your Pre-CBS tones go with Chad Underwood his guitars are amazing another would be Pete Skermetta i like his snakehead line (fender did that style for a short period of time in the 70's) Both of these builders are no bells and whistles you just play them and think this is how a pre-cbs...
  12. W

Post Your Yamaha UD-Stomp User Settings

I'm loving the AH presets and how intricate they are. My problem is everything i have had or used before the UD-Stomp has been simple even with lexicon stuff i was ok. So i am having a hard time Making the delays i want, It's not to often you have 8 stereo delays with control of every parameter...
  13. W

No problem, i know it is time consuming but I would love some patches to try out.
  14. W

Best Fuzz Face you have heard...

+1 on the Berkos Germanium Experience. It is simply and humbly the best fuzz ever built!!
  15. W

Tones - Storyville, David Grissom, David Holt.

I know David Is using the Psionic Audio Telos, there is a photo of him in the studio with the new album using that.
  16. W

Here is one, I was hoping more people would share. here is the univibe-ish patch I try to simulate: choose 1 band. Speed = 6.3 Depth = 10 Pan = L10 Level = 10 Wave = Sin Course Time = 0.40 Fine Time = 0 Low cut = off High cut = off (you can experiment here to get a more vintage...
  17. W

Hey, I was reading though another post and someone had the idea of posting some of your favorite delay's and other settings you have came up with for the UD-Stomp. Since it has so many options and different ways you can come up with a user preset i thought it would be great to have a place to...
  18. W

Why does the Marietta, GA Guitar Center have so many used Jetter pedals?

Jetter Pedals are great, Brad has a great ear and the quality is great for the price. I think they are a hidden gem in the pedal world. My favorite ones are the ones he doesn't make anymore. My 3 favorite were Gain stage red in the soft setting there wasn't a tone out of that pedal i didn't like...
  19. W

Egnater Pedals

The Overdose Pedal looks like it was based off of the Psionic Audio Telos. There are a lot of similarity's and not many differences. I think it would be hard to beat the Telos i love mine but then again i haven't played any of the egnater pedals. Will
  20. W

Five Favorite Pedal/Effects.

1. Berkos "Germanium Experience" 2. Strymon El Cap since it doesn't break down every other day like my real EP-3 3. KR Megavibe 4. Psionic Audio Telos 5. Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive These are the ones that come to mind right now, Will
  21. W

Yamaha UD-Stomp Vs Strymon Timeline

Stark i agree with the no analog pass but i will be using it mainly mono in an FX loop 100% wet and if i have to use it with my vintage amps i will use a Psionic audio triad. I think that would be the best way around that issue. I am not looking for any Artist's sounds the UD-Stomp was just way...
  22. W

Aluminum Falcon, any updates?

I just got a letter from them on August 13th saying that they are working on there next batch and they would send you an invoice when the pedal is ready to ship. Will
  23. W

Thanks for the reply guys! The only thing i will gain is space by using the timeline and if i did go that route i was going to set up the amp's channel controller separate from the pedalboard which isn't ideal but not the end of the world. I just didn't know if the tones and quality were that...
  24. W

Hey guys, For those of you have owned or played the Yamaha UD-Stomp and Strymon Timeline which do you prefer? Space is tight on my Kriz Kraft Pedalboard and the Timeline is smaller compared to the UD-Stomp. Pros for me i would be saving space that i could use. It sounds great from all the...
  25. W

Relicing Run Amok

Fender Relic's look great... But the quality to price ratio doesn't match up the same thing goes for gibson... you can get a suhr or anderson guitar in the same ball park price range and have a 1000X better quality guitar.
Top Bottom