• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. billboneys

What's the best tremolo guitar (other than a Strat, price not a factor)?

If no one has mentioned it yet I would highly recommend one of the Supro reissues. It's bulky but IMHO it's way better than a Bigsby. It has a considerable amount of movement and even though it's not floating it can do the Brad Gillis warble if you tap the bar. I owned a Supro Sahara and ended...
  2. billboneys

Metal Bridge Top For Supro Reissue?

I would try Guitar Fetish or StewMac.
  3. billboneys

Supro guitars. Will we ever see them again?

Thanks for all the info. If anyone finds the link to the other thread please post it here. Thanks.
  4. billboneys

The Sahara is light and really fun to play. Great neck for my hands. I also have a Coronado II that is pretty heavy but I really do like the trem on it. I had a Westbury too that was also a nice guitar but has since moved on. I got all of them at sale prices though. I think the MSRP was off on...
  5. billboneys

It was my understanding that he had started making pickups exclusively for Supro prior to the sale but that may be wrong
  6. billboneys

I had no idea about all of this. I have a Supro Saturn that I dig but hope to eventually swap for a Black Magick. I’m mostly bummed because I need a trem arm for my Coronado and I wanted some pickups for a custom build.
  7. billboneys

Absolutely! Maybe the Roadhouse guy will resurface or someone will fill that space.
  8. billboneys

Since D'Angelico purchased the Supro brand it sadly feels like they are just going to focus on amps. I can't seem to find any reference to guitars anymore. Customer support said they would be back but seems weird that they would remove all reference to the previous models, even in the legacy...
  9. billboneys

Is this Les Paul Jr legit or am I getting scammed (CL content)

Well the ad doesn't say Gibson Les Paul. If I had a non fender strat I'd still call it a strat. I'm assuming it's not a Gibson but does have a Gibson logo. A lot of ebay auctions are this way. They don't show the headstock. Not sure Gibson is scanning local CL ads looking for fakes (although...
  10. billboneys

Nostalgia strikes again! Fairly rare Ibanez incoming.

If I had the money (and the storage) I'd do the same. I have a big soft spot for all the guitars i couldn't afford as a kid.
  11. billboneys

Considering a Tele build show me yours.

I've been interested in the Rosser stuff after seeing what the MJT stuff is going for lately. Did you paint it or was it pre-painted?
  12. billboneys

Great stuff. Keep 'em comin'!
  13. billboneys

I'm considering a Tele build and I'm looking for creative ideas, mods and colors. Leaning towards a rosewood neck but I like them all. Show me yours.
  14. billboneys

Would this drive you mad?

I honestly thought that was what he was talking about because I can't unsee that. Looks like Dracula about to strike. They actually have some cool shapes but that headstock is no go for me.
  15. billboneys

Big GC Buying Event?

Boycott Sal's!
  16. billboneys

Gibson trying to block Collings headstock trademark

Either way Collings is making a better guitar than Gibson so not sure changing the headstock shape will change that.
  17. billboneys

Other Guitar Forums

www.offsetguitars.com
  18. billboneys

Why can't guitar pickups be plug and play?

Is that Matt Pinfield
  19. billboneys

Does anyone own just one guitar?

I think most people that own one guitar don't play. It's the guitar they bought to learn how to play and never did.
  20. billboneys

Favorite Trem system and why

The trems on the Supros are really great.
  21. billboneys

Les Paul connoisseurs: is this authentic?

Dang! I'm not a fan of tops but that's nice.
  22. billboneys

I know. I thought someone was being a smarta** like my posts but I'm guessing that's the sign of making it.
  23. billboneys

Looks like it says "Chibson". I'm guessing it's the brand of nut or something.
  24. billboneys

Best Gibson SG for ~$1000?

I'd recommend the SG Classic if your into P90's. It's a sleeper.
Top Bottom