• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. DesertDirtDog

Led Zeppelin members face trial in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ copyright infringement lawsuit

Lawyers! They're people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.
  2. DesertDirtDog

Led Zeppelin members face trial in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ copyright infringement lawsuit

You "get it"? -um, OK but from where, I don't know. Good job making $#!+ up, though. Nowhere did I say or imply it was OK to steal. I DID hope most readers are capable of 'getting' that there's not much point in incurring crushing attorney fees to prove a point by suing someone who really...
  3. DesertDirtDog

Absolutely not. All those old blues guys should have been sued and forced to pay punitive damages and share their royalties if found liable. They DID make millions of $$$ from their ill-gotten royalties, didn't they? Like LZ?
  4. DesertDirtDog

Let's put it like this: if there were consequences for being habitual offenders in civil courts along the lines of those in many criminal courts in the USofA, Page and Plant would start packing light for a very long trip sometime in the not-too-distant future. Plaintiffs against Zep have been...
  5. DesertDirtDog

Best Pedal You Ever Had?

BJFE Honey Bee. I can more or less replace anything else (maybe not the BBOD, either- I tried, then jumped through many hoops to reacquire one) on my boards, but not giving up the HBOD. Makes anything in front or behind it better.
  6. DesertDirtDog

N.W.A. inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Steve Miller has been rockin' longer than many here have been breathing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Fillmore_Auditorium_(Chuck_Berry_album) Live at Fillmore Auditorium is a live album by Chuck Berry, released in September 1967 on Mercury Records. Berry is backed by The Steve...
  7. DesertDirtDog

Vince Neil and Nicolas Cage in Las Vegas

Ha! So maybe technically an 'assault', but without a violent defense still not a "fight".
  8. DesertDirtDog

A "fight" requires some element of physical combat, ie an attempt to inflict pain or damage, in my book. Didn't see that.
  9. DesertDirtDog

How the heck is that a "fight"?!? No punches exchanged, nobody hit the ground- not even any hair-pulling, eye-poking, biting, or kicking.....a public display of drunken idiocy, yes. A "fight", no.
  10. DesertDirtDog

What's your favourite pedal brand and why?

BJFE- I have never played anything built or designed by Bjorn that wasn't great. I did have a SYODv1 that I didn't care for, but that was just my subjective taste. It did what it did very well. I'll never part with my HBOD or my BBOD as long as I'm still playing. The majority of my other...
  11. DesertDirtDog

Jensen P10R or Eminence

I have a pair of the RI P10Rs in a custom (2 EL84s, 5879 pre) circuit, and had the Emi blue frames in my old tweed Blues Deville (& one in my v1 Blues Jr, too). The RI P10Rs are decent, worth the price. The Eminence alnicos were a cut above by my ear, albeit underrated.
  12. DesertDirtDog

Jensen P10R or Eminence

I have a pair of the RI P10Rs in a custom (2 EL84s, 5879 pre) circuit, and had the Emi blue frames in my old tweed Blues Deville (& one in my v1 Blues Jr, too). The RI P10Rs are decent, worth the price. The Eminence alnicos were a cut above by my ear, albeit underrated.
  13. DesertDirtDog

Best guitar solo of all time?

No contest: :banana
  14. DesertDirtDog

Led Zeppelin and Grand Funk Railroad ~ 10/18/69 Olympia Stadium 'The Shut-Down'

I was at that show- the only time I made it to the Grande. Vince Vance and the Valiants put on a good show; the Five were pretty much a big let-down that night- I think I read somewhere that Rob Tyner walked off (not that I was in much condition to remember much of anything by that point).
  15. DesertDirtDog

What Album Did You Buy Based Solely on the Cover?

Technically, I convinced my younger brother to buy it, as I was broke. He wanted to buy Rubber Soul. :bonkYeah, I now know I was an idiot when I was 13. :facepalm
  16. DesertDirtDog

F and G style guitars...should you only buy them from F or G?

I have a nice 2000 Am Series Strat, but my favorite 'Fender' is my G&L ASAT Classic. :aok
  17. DesertDirtDog

Freddy King is a blues master.......

My favorite Freddie King tune was the first I can remember hearing, "Going Down" off of "The 1972 Ann Arbor Blues & Jazz Festival"- also my all-time favorite version of "Going Down", and that's saying something because I thought Jeff's version (which I heard before I heard Freddie do it) was...
  18. DesertDirtDog

How many Fuzz pedals do you have? Fuzz Only, Not OD...

Just two- AM Astro Tone, and a BJFE BBOD which is (according it Bjorn- who oughta know) actually a fuzz circuit.
  19. DesertDirtDog

Favorite Compressor?

I really liked the OS side of my AM Mini Bi-Comp but it WAS a bit noisy. Bumped off the board by a Bearfoot PGC. The AM was great, but the BF is better- quieter than any other comp I've plugged into.
  20. DesertDirtDog

Have an amp you keep but don't play?

Yeah, I've got a great-sounding custom built 2X10 combo that lives in the closet with my Victoria Regal II. I haven't played either of them since I got a Dr. Z RxES. The Regal is expendable now that I'm no longer in a working band. I'll keep the custom until I can no longer pick up a guitar.
  21. DesertDirtDog

Keith Richards: "The Grateful Dead is where everybody got it wrong"

I'm sure this was already mentioned in this thread by now, but if not- at least KR didn't say he'd rather "chew glass" than listen to the Dead. Me, I always despised the Dead back in the day; mostly because they seemed to be revered as one of the Woodstock-era rock bands, but when I listened to...
  22. DesertDirtDog

Yamaha t100 (original soldano design) review/tips/etc

I had a T100C combo back in the late '90s- beautiful clean, and impressive high-gain on the lead channel, but I wanted neither. I wanted a fat, overdriven blues sound, and back then, I didn't use pedals except my massive Morley power wah. I thought pedals were 'cheating', and wanted an amp...
  23. DesertDirtDog

Who's your favorite of the original rock 'n rollers?

I wouldn't characterize any one person as being the 'inventor' of rock & roll, but Little Richard comes the closest. No one else has put out the amount of classic R&R tunes he has. Almost every major classic rock band has covered at least one of his hits- if not in the studio, then on stage...
  24. DesertDirtDog

Analogman

twit: a stupid or foolish person :dunno
  25. DesertDirtDog

Who buys a pedalboard to limit the number of pedals they can mount?

Well, I traded my PT-2 a couple of years ago because I never used it- mostly used a Gator Bone with the band I was in, and used a Mini Bone at jams and such. Bought a PT Jr because it was more than adequate, then liquidated 2\3 of the two or three dozen pedals I had amassed. Now I find I've...
Top Bottom