• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. jfwund

Anybody have a tiny guitar room?

As in the room is tiny, not the guitars :bonk We're going to be moving to a new house, which is bigger and nicer than our current house, but I'm losing the music room. Piano will go in the living room, and I will be getting a downstairs closet - seriously - for the guitars. It's fine, I'm cool...
  2. jfwund

Custom Pedalboard: Blackbird? Helweg? Tone Snob? Someone else?

So, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and getting a pedalboard made in order to reduce wiring and consolidate the amount of space I'm taking up, but I'm not sure where to look. UPDATE: I went with Tone Snob! The board will be 13x28 with a wah pedal wedge and have 1/4" jacks for my cables to...
  3. jfwund

Sold Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military Watch + Straps

For sale is my Steinhart OVM. This is a nice diver's watch that brings together vintage styling with more contemporary touches. It's powered by an Automatic Swiss ETA 2824 movement, with grey dial and vintage-style lume. The dial is particularly nice, as it appears lighter or darker depending on...
  4. jfwund

Question about Analog Man KoT colors

Very excited that my name came up for a KoT - got the email 17 months and 2 days after getting on the list. I'm leaning towards getting normal gain both sides as I've heard that it sounds more open/blends with the amp more. However, I do have a question about available colors. I've seen where...
  5. jfwund

Sold Rockett Blue Note

Selling my Blue Note. I need to reduce my OD pedals, particularly as my name should be coming up on the KoT list soon. Excellent pedal - can be very transparent, or, with the "hot" switch up, can give a bit of a mid push. It's a low-gainer - I used it for more of a gritty boost, though it can...
  6. jfwund

New Diamond Memory Lane Jr. in the house!

Updating with my early impressions of the MLjr. Briefly, it's an outstanding delay pedal that sounds great. However, I have to say my first impression was one of disappointment. I had ordered the particular pedal based on the picture provided in the Reverb listing, which showed silver knobs on...
  7. jfwund

Diamond Counter Point (updated 7/23)

Update: After a couple more weeks of playing the Counter Point, I am very happy with the Faux tape delay and the Vintage delay. The Ambient mode is cool too. The Galloping Eighths, which was a big reason I was interested in this pedal, is not really useful for the rhythmic delay thing. If that's...
  8. jfwund

Sold Strymon Timeline $400 shipped

In excellent shape, with velcro on the bottom. I have the original box and power supply, and I will reset the patches to the factory presets before shipping. Selling because after a few years of owning the pedal, I realized that I just wasn't using it for more than one or two sounds. I think...
  9. jfwund

Sold Gibson Burstbucker 1 & 2 pickups from 2011 R8

Cleaning out the stuff I no longer need. This is a set of PAF-style humbuckers taken from a 2011 Les Paul 1958 Reissue, with screws and springs. Pickups sound great, work fine, but I replaced them in late 2011 because I wanted 4-conductor pickups for out of phase switching. They've been sitting...
  10. jfwund

Sold Analog Man Buffer $65

Up for sale is my Analog Man buffer pedal. Works great, excellent condition, has velcro, looks exactly like the stock photo below. I can take a pic if you want, but don't have one to hand. Since I got my Mythical Overdrive, I haven't had need of a stand-alone buffer. $65 pp'd and shipped Here's...
  11. jfwund

Sold Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive (Handwired)

Nice sounding light/medium OD for sale here. Very responsive to picking dynamics and cleans up great with the volume knob. I have the original box, it does have velcro on the back. Selling because it's basically redundant in my rig. $160 obo pp'd and shipped No trades, please.
  12. jfwund

Thinking about a new wah: Xotic XW-1, Wilson 12-position Rippah, Teese RMC10?

Pretty much what the title says. I used to have a Wilson Tunable Colorful Clone, and that was nice, but I don't have it anymore and I'm thinking I'd like a new wah. I like a throaty wah that sounds full yet clear. I have a Morley Maverick wah that's OK, not bad, but is a little uncomfortable for...
  13. jfwund

Will a patch bay help me clean up my board?

I'd like to cut down on the wires going everywhere, and I'm wondering if investing in a patch bay will help me with that. Right now, I have my guitar going into pedals into the front of the amp, but I also have 2 Strymon pedals in the FX loop. Would a basic 4-in, 4-out patch bay allow me to...
  14. jfwund

FS/FT: Wilson Effects Stoned Grasshopper (Sold) and Morley Maverick wah

For Sale or possibly for trade is my Wilson Effects Stoned Grasshopper pedal. Looks great, sounds great, but I'm just looking to try something different, and I'm not playing this one quite as much as I'm playing my Basic Audio fuzzes... Boost/TubeScreamer/Fuzzface in one pedal. Internal trim...
  15. jfwund

Collings CJ Cocobolo: early impressions and review

(Advance apologies for the long post) After playing a 15-year old Collings CJ at the Chicago Music Exchange earlier this year and not being able to get it out of my head, I sold my 2013 Taylor 818e and saved up some money to get a CJ. About 10 days ago, I bought a new Collings CJ Cocobolo...
  16. jfwund

Collings CJ vs. Taylor 818e (2013 1st edition)

About 6 weeks ago, I was traveling on business and had the opportunity to spend some time playing guitars at the Chicago Music Exchange. While I played quite a few amazing instruments (anyone want to buy me that 1958 strat?), I was blown away by the Collings CJ. So much so, that here I am 6...
  17. jfwund

NGD: John Mayer Strat and mini review

Been missing having a strat, so after doing my research, I pulled the trigger on a John Mayer sig model. Surprising to me, since I'm not particularly a fan of the artist (he can play, and he has good tone, I'm just not really into most of his music), but this was the guitar that really had the...
  18. jfwund

NGD! Taylor 818e First Edition Grand Orchestra (long post)

Technically my ngd was Tuesday, but I did want to give it a few days to compile my first impressions. I'll post later on after a string change as well, but these are some initial impressions which might be interesting to somebody. I had been thinking about a BTO and how long I would have to...
  19. jfwund

D'Addario EXP16s -- my experience (and a comparison to the EJ16s)

Last week I changed the strings on my Taylor 414ce, and since I had a pack of EXP16s, I decided to try them rather than using the EJ16s, which are my usual go-to strings for the Taylor. For the first week, at least, I really liked the EXPs. They were both warm and bright, as you'd expect from a...
  20. jfwund

NAD: Mark V combo with wicker grille! (pics and clips)

Yep, yesterday my Mark V combo arrived from Humbucker Music. I've had a few hours on it now, and I've already found lots of good sounds in this little box. Way too early to give any kind of tone report, as there are so many variables to adjust, but right now I'm liking the Variac power in the 45...
  21. jfwund

Talk me out of a Mark V combo

Seriously -- the GAS is strong for a Mark V, a Royal Atlantic, or an ElectraDyne. I'm mostly playing at home and for my own amusement these days, so the ElectraDyne is probably too loud and doesn't have a functional MV for when I have to turn it down. The RA has the attenuators, but I've...
  22. jfwund

It appears I bought a Mobius

Looking forward to getting it Thursday or Friday. It's massive overkill for what I need, but it should be fun to play with, right? And if I bought a nice phaser and trem, then I'd be spending basically the same amount of money, so I can justify all the extra goodies that way. Any Mobius...
  23. jfwund

Using the guitar controls with my Mini Rec

OK, so here's something I've been wondering about. My Mini Rec sounds great, no question, but it just doesn't clean up well when I roll back my guitar volume. I have an Express 5:50 and I can dial it in to have a nice crunchy roar that I can quickly roll to a sparkly clean just with the guitar...
  24. jfwund

NGD PRS McTrem 10-top (lots of pics)

On Monday I bought my dream PRS, and it arrived today: a McCarty Trem 10-top in Black Slate with natural back and sides. Abalone birds (outlines), nice dark rosewood board, and the "pattern" neck carve, which is the updated wide/fat neck. 57/08 humbuckers and a pretty much perfect flametop round...
  25. jfwund

Bought a PRS today

Should be shipping out tomorrow, as per the seller. It's a 2011 McCarty Trem with a Black Slate 10 top and natural back/sides. Abalone birds, Rosewood board, and only 7.4 lbs! Can't wait. Unfortunately it means I have to sell off one of my favorites to defray some of the costs, but I've...
Top Bottom