• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. mertas

Recording in summing tracks - guitar multitrack patches in Logic

I created guitar sound patches. each has more tracks in one summing track. once I want to record guitar, I recall user patch, but got troubles like this: 1. recording is not blue like audio, but also not green like midi 2. due all the aux inside of summing track I created guitar patches. each...
  2. mertas

GuitaSgear - identical patches for Logic and Mainstage

Sgear amp simulator include EXCELENT sounding reverb and delay. Anyway in serial routing setup only which cann't beat paralel routing in my ears. Especially delay inside of one Sgear instance is useless. If I want to use it, I need to make paralel routing to secon Sgear plugin instance... My...
  3. mertas

Combining piezzo vs microphone nylon guitar LIVE

I have L.R. Baggs Anthem pickup on my quitar. For recording and live setup I try to optimize spiky piezzo sound: Another particularly good use for compressors is taming some of that nasty piezo sound. With your compressor's attack and release times set almost to their fastest, and with a more...
  4. mertas

Live piezzo-copressor setup in Mainstage

I have L.R. Baggs Anthem pickup on my nylon quitar. For recording and live setup I try to optimize spiky piezzo sound: Another particularly good use for compressors is taming some of that nasty piezo sound. With your compressor's attack and release times set almost to their fastest, and with a...
  5. mertas

Loopback low volume in Mainstage

I try to use Loopback plugin as a looper for guitar tracks in Mainstage 3. I set up aux from guitar tracks to 0db going to Loopback track. Volume of Looper is very low and noise quite high compare to recorded guitar track. Using Loopback as looper requires boost by 6 db on volume fader and...
  6. mertas

Midi masterkeyboard 88 keys for studio

what are the key mechanics and surface?
  7. mertas

Midi masterkeyboard 88 keys for studio

Hi, so far using Yamaha CLP 575 http://www.thomann.de/cz/yamaha_clp_575_b.htm because of comfortable hammer keys. could someone recommend Stagepiano or rather Midi masterkeyboard 88 keys for studio work and composing? many thanks
  8. mertas

Simultaneos multitrack recording - what RAM needed?

does anywone experiences with long USB cables . i need to connect roland electronic drums and they are 5-7 meters from DAW computer. how solve the distance, latency?
  9. mertas

tracking or recording? it is the same talking about demand od CPU and RAM? most capacity take pluggins and real time recalcutions of signals?
  10. mertas

what you mean exactly under "host your raw data", please give me example
  11. mertas

Mastering in Logic- tutorial

hey, is there any tutorial over www "how to learn mastering in Logic" are there any plugins making mastering easier for amateur? thanks
  12. mertas

We are going to record our home studio sessions and would like to record more track simultaneosly - guitar 1 (as audio using amp simulation pluggin in DAW) - guitar 2 (as audio using amp simulation pluggin in DAW)) - keys - as midi - drumms - as midi - microphone - voice or lead instrument...
  13. mertas

Jazz midi drum loops for logic

Hi, searching interesting brushes jazz drumm loopss for logic and found : http://www.platinumsamples.com/ps/RealJazz.php I am thinking, the best way is to find interesting sounding midi loops with great sound and just modify them in midi - piano roll. Any experiences with jazz drumms in logic...
  14. mertas

Is it worth to buy Great Acoustic Bass sound sample for 100 USD?

what do you think about it: http://www.premiersoundfactory.com/modules/zox/acousticbasspremier2-p-36.html? will be sound difference significant compared to Logic default upright bass?
  15. mertas

Upright "Bow" sound samples for DAW

looking for sound samples for Logic, especially nice bowed upright sound. is there any good offer on the market? thanks for you help
  16. mertas

Bass loop in DAW - how to create note sounding through end of the loop

this is loop, I would like to stay within loop. not correct it 100x times within whole song... not possible?
  17. mertas

Bass loop in DAW - how to create note sounding through end of the loop

creating bass loop in logic and need to handle, how to create note sounding through end of the loop loop is 4 bar long and first note starts before beat, so if I repeat the note before end of the 4th bar, than I got unneeded attack twice. please help
  18. mertas

Acoustic guitar "tube like" preamp plugin

i thought, theirs job is to make sound thicker?
  19. mertas

Acoustic guitar "tube like" preamp plugin

my acoustic guitars are equipped with LR Bags Anthem Stage Pro system - (under saddle , internal mic, preamp with EQ) and I run through MainStage into PA. I would like to add some warmth like do hardware preamps: AER Colourizer, Headway or LR Baggs para. any experience of tube preamp plugin for...
  20. mertas

What person is Pat Metheny?

nice family photos. now I probably got it his wife looks 20+ years younger than Pat and his kids 10 years old. from that point I can now understand, how he could practice several hours a day, have 150+ gigs/year for 15 years. he concentrated main part of his life into the music and after 45 of...
  21. mertas

30 years ago? or he just married yesterday
  22. mertas

this is his wife, daughter or joke
  23. mertas

Importance of singing for non-singing guitarist

I don't like singing much. My intonation skills are not strong at all. I love guitar and playing melodically. Same as Scofield or Metheny I need to internalize singing into my playing. I need to know, how interval sounds and how to get melody in my head into the fretboard as fast as possible. IS...
  24. mertas

FRFR cabinet suitable for both acoustic and electric guitars

Hi, I am happy user of AER compact 60 for my acoustic guitars. Lately i run through MainStage to Stereo PA cabinets. But higher frequencies are too sharp compare to AER when using acoustic guitars. You experiences? Is the amp construction for acoustic guitar different from general FRFR speakers...
  25. mertas

Thanks! That is what is going on! We all are clever :), We all read and think a lot. Therefore we play jazz instead of punk :) All the time I am focused on feelings. Our feelings by listening and playing his composition. For me is kind of medicine to play his tunes. Strange? Maybe! I never met...
Top Bottom