• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. mizzlfoshizzl

Marshall DSL40C or Fender Hot Rod Deluxe?

HRD is bitchin for your music. The dirty channel is cool, it's the "more" channel that is meh. Or if you like the crunch from your stomp of choice, you have a crap load of clean headroom to get it as loud as you want. That Marshall is gonna compress a lot even on the clean channel when you turn...
  2. mizzlfoshizzl

Fender 68 Custom - cool for club gigs?

Conde But I wanted to start a NEW flame war... ;-) Plus there's so many possible permutations of search terms. Faster to start a new thread specific to my use case. I know how forums work, if you don't mind sparing me the condescension.
  3. mizzlfoshizzl

Unfortunately miking the amp is probably out in this case, as is a plexi shield. Gotta fit in some tiny stage spaces (I.e., the corner of the bar with the wooden floor, and not taking up the whole thing so there's room for dancing.)
  4. mizzlfoshizzl

Play mostly small/med. clubs (capacity <300), genre is classic rock/power pop/alt country. Craving some "classic American" tone. Want to get that sweet spot where the power tubes are working but it's not too loud. Nice edgy "Keef" rhythm tone that's dynamic and uncompressed. Maybe run a boost...
  5. mizzlfoshizzl

Temperance Movement - these guys are good...

Anybody know if that's a Morgan AC20 or AC40 the stage left guitarist is rocking? And I can't quite tell what's behind the stage right guitar. I've been wearing their record out, love the tones on it and I've been super curious what they use(d).
  6. mizzlfoshizzl

Morgan DAG15 + more headroom + portability = ?

Sounds like you need lower gain preamp tubes, or lower output pickups in your axe.
  7. mizzlfoshizzl

Price Check '81 Marshall Jmp 2204 2x12 Combo

All original, black grille cloth. Appreciate the help.
  8. mizzlfoshizzl

Price Check Gibson Super Goldtone 60-rv 2x12 Combo

Got one and a love it, not sure I want to sell it but have super bad G.A.S. for a Dr. Z. They're pretty rare so can't find too much info on what they're going for. Saw a 30 watt version on Amazon for $1500...
  9. mizzlfoshizzl

Dr. Z Z-lux

Haven't wanted a new amp in a long time but that demo video is giving me major GAS. When are they hitting stores? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. mizzlfoshizzl

EHX Holy Grail Neo vs. Catalinbread Talisman

30+ views and no replies... you guys are killing me...
  11. mizzlfoshizzl

EHX Holy Grail Neo vs. Catalinbread Talisman

Craving some tasty plate-y space for the front end of my JMP. Obvi the Cbread is way more tweakable and can do the wacky oscillating pad thing (not that I would use it that often, especially live). But the Holy Grail Neo is so much cheaper... Or split the diff and get the Digitech Polara...
  12. mizzlfoshizzl

The Latest Digitech Obscura Delay Thread

Pretty sure I'm gonna put together an all digi/dod board once this and the gunslinger are out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. mizzlfoshizzl

EHX Soul Food or DOD Bifet Boost?

Anybody have any hands on experience with these two? For that punchy, sparkly, just-breaking-up, low gain grind. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. mizzlfoshizzl

Boss only pedalboard - suggestions

TU-3 > OD-3 > DD-3 Call it a day Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. mizzlfoshizzl

Build a pedalboard from one vendor

Way Huge: Saucy box > Echo puss Call it a day Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. mizzlfoshizzl

To boost, or not to boost... That is the question.

There's no substitute for turning your amp up. Overdriving the preamp with any kind of pedal is not going to create the same feel as pushing the power tubes, nor is it gonna feel/sound the same as the extra air an amp turned up loud moves. In a non master volume amp like a Princeton, a clean...
  17. mizzlfoshizzl

To boost, or not to boost... That is the question.

For that application I like a dirty boost with high headroom that doesn't shelf the low end, such as a DOD 250 or (personal fave) the Way Huge Red Llama. Many like the Timmy for this application as well. Cleaner than that but very popular around here would TC Spark Booster.
  18. mizzlfoshizzl

Which cheap tremolo?

Wanna bring some choppy chop to my board without breaking the bank. Don't need anything fancy but true bypass is an absolute must (sorry Boss). Thanks for the suggestions trem-heads. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. mizzlfoshizzl

Alt-Country Drive?

Way Huge Red Llama Or Caroline Guitar Haymaker Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. mizzlfoshizzl

What pick gauge do you use?

Dunlop Tortex "The Wedge" .60mm Flexible enough for flamenco type rhythms on chords but firm enough for single note runs. Their slightly larger and pointy than a regular Tortex which I find gives more options for how to attack with the right hand. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. mizzlfoshizzl

OD search...What am I describing.

Caroline Haymaker Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. mizzlfoshizzl

Best Distortion/OD in one pedal under $200

Boss OD-3 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. mizzlfoshizzl

Dual boost pedal?

Carl Martin dual injection Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. mizzlfoshizzl

Fuzz into a distorted amp

Univox Superfuzz would be cool in that rig, or a scrambler type fuzz. BAT Fnord would e cool Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top Bottom