• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Major Twang

Any experience with SOLandFA Chassis Kits?

He is Tommy Emmanuel studio/live engineer (among others). Have ordered many times. Purchase with confidence. 7 days shipping to Canada with tracking. Good luck.:)
  2. Major Twang

which 2X10's for Viberoverb reissue

i have one Emi Delta Pro in one of me Fender clone :knittingand i love the full sound...:munch we hear the amp in all it's glory!:banana:banana:banana
  3. Major Twang

Bias Rite has been discontinued?

someone mentioned Elvis... What about Dr. Nick?
  4. Major Twang

i think we only have ourselves to blame... In 1970 my old man drove home with a Datsun 510... Neighbours were having a field day laughing... In our street, you would only see GM, Ford etc. Protectionism does'nt work... Look what happenned to Elvis... You got to brake the market with a...
  5. Major Twang

just get a Compu-Bias...:knitting
  6. Major Twang

Magnetic Components Classic Transformers

No wonder MM is so expensive...they advertise like crazy...
  7. Major Twang

i would'nt worry... i've built about 10 x 5E3 and 5C3 in the past 10 years, all with different trannies...Hammonds...Dynacos...and what have you, and, they all sounded different, and good... Enjoy the build!
  8. Major Twang

Not to de-track from the O.P. but...:knitting Peter Thorn's Ampzilla Clip 1 kicked my ass...:banana check it out on the Reinhardt Amps website...
  9. Major Twang

hey Rooster, i did'nt see that Heyboer|Magnetic shoot out...
  10. Major Twang

i never tried Mercury as i think that they are too expansive for me... i like building amps and keep cost down... I think that Magnetic trannies are a lot of tranny for my (hard earned) money.
  11. Major Twang

just finished building a 5E3 and a Deluxe Reverb with Triode Electronics new line of Magnetic Transformer Inc. Classic power and output trannies and i'm more than happy with the sound and price... The 5E3 OT for instance is # 40-18022, goes for 25 greens, is paper layered, made in Chicago and...
  12. Major Twang

Question about silver and blackface Vibrolux

life's been good... had lots of Fender amps since 1965... they came and went... as a matter of fact...i sold my last one a while ago...a 1965 Tremolux head that i'd just recently recapped...i had a hard time to get 7 bills for it... i like Fender amps...they sound great, are well built (the...
  13. Major Twang

5E3 Tweed Deluxe: Changing tone caps?

dropping the cathode bypass value as explained from previous posters will most probably be all that's needed for now... it's easy and it works great...
  14. Major Twang

Question about silver and blackface Vibrolux

Mapleneck's comment make good sense...
  15. Major Twang

BFDR help....again

i would change those for phenolic sockets. you want a tight fit on them tubes.
  16. Major Twang

what are your favorite caps and resistors?

...and the Takman for .5 and 1 W...:cool:
  17. Major Twang

muffled cranked sound...at full volume only...

i've tried a new one to no avail Reek...
  18. Major Twang

does'nt sound nice + volume cuts quite a bit too... Twang
  19. Major Twang

i recapped (new electrolitycs and coupling caps) a great sounding Gibson Skylark GA-5T Crestline with 10 incher. Tremolo stopped working...changed the resistors, tested tubes...nada...so i removed it figuring i'll get more gain. Now when i crank it (75 to 100% volume) the sounds distort in a...
  20. Major Twang

Complete Rebuild of a Deluxe Reverb Amp

i had printed it all for future reference... Twang
Top Bottom