• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. dez

"Get That Classic Fender Sound" by Jim Weider

I remember seeing that like a million years ago. Cool stuff!
  2. dez

Creep: Foo Fighters and Dave Chappelle at MSG

Not a Foo fan or much of a Radiohead fan, but I loved every second of this.
  3. dez

Who are the Bands you got to see live when they were in their absolute prime and at the top of their game ?

Stevie Ray Vaughan - the entire 80s Black Flag - 84 - 85 Iron Maiden - 82 - 84 Junior Brown - any time Accept - 84 REM 85 - 87
  4. dez

Sleepwalk

Still my favorite, and one of the great examples of brilliant and emotional guitar playing.
  5. dez

David Gilmour's About Face

Not a PF fan but love About Face. Great record.
  6. dez

COCAINE

Haven't listened to Cocaine in a million years. Although it's a fun song to jam on, I cant remember anything really noteworthy about the solos on the original version. When EC did memorable solos, they were usually really memorable (Crossroads, Sunshine, Steppin Out, etc, etc...).
  7. dez

What did you do with all your CD's?

Listen to them
  8. dez

If You Had to Listen to One Decade of Music the Rest of Your Life...

50s. Would go with 60s next, then 70s. Then, begrudgingly the 80s last. At least SRV came out and Motorhead release some great stuff. 90's - now could be completely erased and I wouldnt miss anything.
  9. dez

Any artists, where you love one of their albums but none of their others?

Vic Vergat - Down to the Bone - Great song -
  10. dez

Let's talk "backup" gear

I usually bring one guitar, one small tube amp, a delay and OD into a gig. In the car are all sorts of parts, tubes and stuff. Also a small solid state amp for a back up, a cheap guitar for backup and a couple cheap back up pedals. In the past 20 years/thousand or so gig, I've used the...
  11. dez

Favourite Outros?

12. dez

Top 5 Blues Albums

Live at the Regal - BB Classic Cobra Recording - Otis Sweet Tea - Buddy Livewire/Blues Power - Albert Texas Flood - SRV
  13. dez

Show Me Your 1st Album Covers

Yes, we were from northern NJ and played in the area including NYC. CBGB was a regular gig. Well as regular as can be for a band that had a couple year lifespan in 1984-85.
  14. dez

Who are your top ten Rock guitar players

This week it is: Gatton Hendrix Townshend Gallup Holly Buchanan Koch Beck Berry Richards
  15. dez

I realize why there isn’t the same investment in groups anymore (Aerosmith content)

They lost me with Pump. Well, Permanent Vacation really, even though that had St John on it. I thought Done with Mirrors was a great record and they were tremendous on that tour. Cant blame them for going for what they did though. It certainly worked out for them in the long run.
  16. dez

Favorite intros?

That'll Be the Day - Buddy Holly Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry Little Wing - Hendrix Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Stones
  17. dez

First song/riff that you learned on your own...

Roadrunner by Bo Diddley
  18. dez

I know many don’t care for Bonamassa.. But this Album Rawks

Love the BCC stuff, and I saw them at on the BCC II tour. Glenn was fantastic and they put on one of the best rock shows I've seen.
  19. dez

Changes At Alto Music in NY

Alto has always been cool with me. Always a cool atmosphere and excellent service. One of my two main gigging amps came from Alto and also a very nice Gretsch guitar. Glad to read the business is doing well.
  20. dez

Vintage guitars- Gig with them or leave at home?

Thanks! That old stuff sounds pretty good sometimes.... And they look cool!
  21. dez

Movies that make great use of music.

A movie from 1985 called Desert Hearts has a great soundtrack of rockabilly and 50s country...
  22. dez

Bill Haley and the Comets

Danny and Franny were none too shabby!
Top Bottom