• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Tachymetres

Sold 2010 Fender Custom Shop 1965 Strat - BLACK FRIDAY PRICE DROP - $2400!

What types of acoustic and electric guitars are you interested in?
  2. Tachymetres

YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

Hmm, my friend, a thoracic surgeon is the second highest paid employee at his hospital after the CEO making approximately $1M per year.
  3. Tachymetres

Very sweet collection, thanks! So far my '58 VOS 335 satisfies my hollowbody sound but Tag's PRS tone is outstanding!
  4. Tachymetres

Very nice, thank you! I've also thought Tab's tone sounded like a Tele but like you, much smoother than a solid body.
  5. Tachymetres

I'm curious about the tone from your thinline Tele. I've always admired Tab Benoit's tone from his Thinline plugged directly into a Category 5 amp. How does it compare to your PRS hollowbody?
  6. Tachymetres

Taking the high road, good for you!
  7. Tachymetres

Trustworthy headstock repair, who can do it? RI/CT area

George is legendary in CT and has many touring guitarists as customers. He'll bump you up on the wait-list if you're a pro musician. https://youngbloodguitars.com/
  8. Tachymetres

So I've got two Fender FSR 2009 American Standards...come ridicule me for keeping the stock pickups in them lol.

Agree on the pickups. I've been tempted to swap the SCN noiseless pickups in my Strat but I get some great tone out of them.
  9. Tachymetres

Musician’s Friend and GC team up to sell floor models as new…

To their credit, they made things right but it did happen although it was in 2011. Maybe they've changed their practices but I haven't shopped with them since.
  10. Tachymetres

Musician’s Friend and GC team up to sell floor models as new…

Sweetwater has also done this to me. And for the small shops that don't have stacks of new equipment waiting to ship, it's likely to happen regularly. A great store return policy solves the problem.
  11. Tachymetres

I still can’t make a strat sound good

Try a tube screamer between the guitar and amp to add a little grit and sustain.
  12. Tachymetres

Best acoustic for beginner who doesn't want a "beginner guitar?"

Great advice! I spent a couple hours playing 25 budget and high end guitars last year and a cedar topped Alvarez for around $500 was the best playing and sounding guitar. I should have bought it.
  13. Tachymetres

Noiseless single coils – are the things they lack really noticeable in a live setting / in the mix?

I don't know how that would work with the existing greasebucket setup.
  14. Tachymetres

Noiseless single coils – are the things they lack really noticeable in a live setting / in the mix?

I love the Terry Kath strat tone and I tried the opening chords of Lowdown and Beginnings with my '57 reissue that has Fender 57/62 pickups followed by my Strat Pro with SCN noiseless pickups. The SCN pickups nailed the sound that I couldn't coax out of the 57/62s. The SCNs do maybe lack a bit...
  15. Tachymetres

Is it very bad to inhale fumes of 37% lead solder?

This is the best advice and correct information.
  16. Tachymetres

Man, this is fun to watch ...

Sarah Rogo, such a great talent at 25. Thanks for posting this!
  17. Tachymetres

This morning, I finally reached my tipping point with Ticketmaster

Even back in the day, the Evil Overlords ruled the music scene.
  18. Tachymetres

Guitar set up

Same as you do on the open strings. Just fret each one on the 12th fret and use your tuner to see if they are in tune at EADGBE. If any string is off by a cent or so, you'll need to adjust the saddles to bring them into tune. While not for a Washburn, this may help...
  19. Tachymetres

Guitar set up

Check the tuning of each string on the 12th fret. If properly intonated, they should all be in tune or within a cent of center. Also, are you fretting the strings too hard playing chords on jumbo frets and causing them to bend out of tune?
  20. Tachymetres

Guitar set up

I'd do a basic setup for free if you lived nearby. I'm not a luthier but have setup my Fenders and Gibsons to factory specs or lower for years. I know enough to know what I don't want to do and have a luthier handle. Maybe someone local can help if you say where you are.
  21. Tachymetres

Does cable matter ?

I agree with what's been said. Spending a few dollars more will at least buy you a cable that won't fall apart in a couple of years. I'm a fan of George L cables because of their simple construction, thin gauge and transparent sound.
  22. Tachymetres

Sweetwater Experience this week just an FYI

My experience with the 55 point inspection was receiving a brand new Les Paul Traditional in 2011 that had obvious shop wear - fingerprints, smudges, dings in the wood and old, dirty strings. They did make it right but I haven't shopped with them since.
  23. Tachymetres

How much do neck pocket finish cracks devalue a guitar?

Take a Fender neck with a vintage truss rod off to adjust the action and you will get finish chips in the body coating. That shouldn't affect resale at all.
  24. Tachymetres

Sold PRS Silver Sky Golden Mesa with hard case - $1850

Great price and color! This well sell quickly.
  25. Tachymetres

Best *sounding* concert you’ve attended

Grateful Dead in '73; even with a slightly reduced wall of sound, they produced a warm, analog sound that I haven't heard by anyone since.
Top Bottom