Search results

1. Lex Luthier

Are Bedrock amps 'orphans'?

Working on a Bedrock 1600 I picked up recently, and realized it would be nice to have a schematic to figure out a couple things because of the dual sided PCB. Emailed Jay Abend, and pretty much got the brush off from him. Emailed Brad Jeter, but he had left the company by that time (was helpful...
  2. Lex Luthier

Jolly G Burst replicas

A pair of wonderful Burst replicas I have that were built many years ago by a jolly gentleman in the land where bikini clad blondes make delicious meatballs.
  3. Lex Luthier

Audioworks FET Distortion?

I've owned one of these Audioworks FET Distortion pedals for almost 20 years, found another one 10 years ago. I recently scored another one after years of looking. Nobody ever talks about them, and I've only seen one thread on another gear site about these. Does anyone know anything about these...
  4. Lex Luthier

2 humbucker super switch question

This is a schematic from a Yamaha Weddington. Is their a way to mod the circuit for only 1 vol/1 tone, using a super switch instead of the Yamaha switch? I looked around at different diagrams online, didn't see any like this. Neck series Neck parallel Both humbuckers Neck and bridge inside...
  5. Lex Luthier

Pearce amp info

I recently picked up a Pearce G1 preamp (had a couple back in the day) and was surfing around for more info and stumbled across this website somebody started. Lots of pix and other info. Kinda cool. http://web.me.com/travishartnett/Pearce_Amps/Home.html :banana
  6. Lex Luthier

Q?: Running diodes on power tube sockets

I noticed some amps use diodes on pin 3 to ground on the power tube sockets to prevent spikes. Even Trainwrecks had them. Just wondering how this affects the sound.
  7. Lex Luthier

What do you look for in a boutique guitar?

After reading some threads about stuff being nit picked about boutique guitars, I am curious to know what people look for. Since I build guitars occasionally in my spare time only for myself (not for profit, FWIW) with only my personal needs and designs in mind, maybe I have tunnel vision about...
  8. Lex Luthier

Any love for Peavey basses here?

I'm not really a bass player, but I've owned a couple of Dyna basses, because they are usually cheap and sound good. This is my latest, a Dyna Unity Limited bass, kind of a poor mans Spector with the radiused body. The Alembic-style oval inlays are kind of neat, too. Seems like a really cool bass.
  9. Lex Luthier

Fatboy amps Norb Funk

Anybody know if Norb Funk the designer of Fatboy amps is still around? Email address or phone #? You can PM me if you don't want to post the info. Thanks Dave
  10. Lex Luthier

Area 51 wah kit

I had this old Italian Cry Baby shell laying around for years, so when I saw the Area 51 wah kit, I figured it would be a fun project. This was the wire it yourself kit. Took maybe an hour at the most and saved a few bucks. Real nice sounding wah, the highs are a little thicker sounding than my...
  11. Lex Luthier

Holdsworth Fatboy

My new toy, Carvin Holdsworth Fatboy. Very, very nice indeed! :)
  12. Lex Luthier

Any love for Ampeg VT40's?

I picked this guy up recently (and reasonably), and it is a pretty darn cool amp! Someone swapped the original 10" speakers for new Jensens, and they seem to sound really good in it. The thing is sure built like a tank, and almost weighs as much as a tank, too! :cool: I'm going to have to round...
  13. Lex Luthier

Cool guitars that flopped big time

The specs: Honduras mahogany back and neck 2 piece highly flamed top Ivoroid binding Ebony board 25" scale jumbo frets contoured neck heel single action Gibson style truss rod Floyd Rose Pro with narrower string spacing HSH configuration with 5 way lever switch and special tone circuit Poly...
  14. Lex Luthier

My homebrew #3 is done

Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but this is my latest homebrew I built for myself in my basement of lutherie horrors. :D Hope you enjoy the pix. Thx Dave
  15. Lex Luthier

Unusual S-style guitar

Now for something completely different! This must have been a pretty small company, there is nothing online about these guitars, other than the fact that they were made in Japan. What I can tell you that it is an extremely well built guitar that rivals or equals many USA boutique guitars, the...
  16. Lex Luthier

Better pix of my Tele project

Trending Topics