Search results

1. sbrollins76

Old-school all Boss pedalboard

I'm going to have to go through my Boss pedals and do this later. Off the top of my head: OD-1, OD-2, and/or SD-1 FZ-2 and/or FZ-3 HM-2 PH-2 (I might still have a PH-1 around, but I like the PH-2 better anyway) CE-2 or CE-3 BF-2 or HF-2 DM-2 and/or DSD-2 TR-2 All but the FZ-3/TR-2 are original...
  2. sbrollins76

Craigslist Scam?

Yup, old scam with a new Covid twist. Usually they can't come see the item in person because they're in another state for whatever reason.
  3. sbrollins76

Which Guitar Are You Still In Possession of That You Regret Buying?

I tend to get rid of stuff that I regret buying pretty quickly. I'm generally happy with everything I have now. Only thing I'm gassing for is a Junior. Only guitar I'd say is on the bubble is Dano 12-string, and that would only be if I decided to jump up to a Ric. I definitely have a few...
  4. sbrollins76

What guitar will you let your teenage son use - get him his own or one of yours?

I let my kids (and others) use my guitars if they ask first. I hope eventually my boys or my nieces and nephews will want to play and my collection can be something to give them when I can't use them anymore. That said, I have all different guitars because I like switching between different...
  5. sbrollins76

Boss CE-2 Chorus: Broken AC Adapter Jack?

Have you tried running the CE-2 with standard 9V on the power adapter? Someone might have modded it in the past. I have a DM-2 that someone modded for standard 9V and it wasn't apparent externally.
  6. sbrollins76

GC now selling incomplete guitars?

They are hurting for used inventory right now, but that is ridiculous. It's funny because the description in the listing says "1400$" like a bad craigslist ad, then it's listed for $1700. And that's reduced from $1900! Obligatory:
  7. sbrollins76

Locking nuts on hardtail guitars

The EVH hard tail guitars have locking nuts with a fine tuner bridge. I bought a used one (MIJ Wolfgang Special Stealth) for my son when he expressed an interest in learning to play, and while it does seem to hold tune really well I don't know that it's any better than my regular guitars with a...
  8. sbrollins76

COVID cancellation: was I being unreasonable

You did the right thing, OP. Months ago I was talking with a family friend who's an ER doctor about starting band practice back up. At the time, California's numbers were still relatively stable (at least here in San Diego County). Her first question was, "Will anyone be singing?" Doctors and...
  9. sbrollins76

Bands you're "supposed" to like but don't.

Pearl Jam Zeppelin Kiss Steely Dan Rush Allmans, Skynyrd, Southern rock in general Chili Peppers Bluesbreakers, really any Clapton except Cream Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham/Nicks The Eagles Radiohead after OK Computer (I listen to every new album, then never listen to most of them again)...
  10. sbrollins76

What's Everyone Playing Today?

Just got a Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI in black last week. There have been a lot of Cure songs played in my house over the last several days.
  11. sbrollins76

2005 R6 vs 2018 Les Paul Classic Goldtop w/p90s

I had one of those 2018 Classic goldtops and loved it aside from the neck. It had that thin Gibson profile with an almost flat feeling back down the center of the neck and almost no shoulder and I just couldn't bond with it. I would have been fine with the depth of the neck if it had just had a...
  12. sbrollins76

Bring out your Rickenbackers!

My 360c63/6 over the last several years. Supposedly only 50 of these made as a GC special run. This was my 40th birthday present to myself since a fireglo Ric was the guitar I had wanted to buy as my first electric, but 17-yo me was talked out of it by my guitar teacher at the time.
  13. sbrollins76

Any Chromecast Audio users?

I think all of the Chromecast devices only have a limited number of apps that work with them directly, but you should be able to cast a browser tab to them. I've done that for audio from YouTube on a PC to a speaker with Chromecast built in. If you can pull up what you're playing in a web...
  14. sbrollins76

Where do you purchase records?

Amazon has a decent selection of new stuff and the prices are usually good. Most (if not all) indie labels sell direct. Bands/artists often do too. I've done all 3 with no issues with any of them. My preference is to browse my local shops. Also, a lot of small record stores are on Discogs. I...
  15. sbrollins76

Recommend a gig bag...

I have a Mono M80 (acoustic, but functionally the same as the electric bag aside from dimensions), a Mono Vertigo, and a Gator Transit. The M80 has the most storage and seems to have the most protection. The Vertigo is easiest to use with the vertical loading but a lot less storage than the M80...
  16. sbrollins76

Playing Sweet Home Alabama at a gig. Your opinion?

Add me to the list. I dislike southern rock in general, LS in particular, and hate this song most of all.
  17. sbrollins76

Have You Ever Bought Back A Guitar You Previously Sold?

No, but I do search online every once in a while hoping to come across an SG I traded toward another guitar a few years ago.
  18. sbrollins76

Baja telecaster

It should have a 4-way switch and the S-1 push button on the volume knob to flip the phase on the pickups (really noticeable in position 4 on the switch). Fender has a pretty thorough breakdown of serial numbers on their website...
  19. sbrollins76

With ~$1000, which single-P90 guitar do you buy?

I've only briefly played a Combinata and haven't played the Eastman (I'm really tempted by the DC model too), but I've owned an Eastman T59/V and played some of the SB59 models. Price to quality ratio on the Eastmans is exceptional. Eastman's varnish finishes feel great too. The Combinata I...
  20. sbrollins76

Drop In Replacement For Kluson Tuners?

Kluson Revolution tuners are great, but if you don't want Kluson-branded tuners for some reason, Gotoh also make locking tuners that will drop in. I believe Hipshot will also work with their mounting plates, although I haven't used them myself.
  21. sbrollins76

ChaseBliss/Benson Automatone Preamp MKII is here.

Just caved and ordered one. I added a bunch of Reverb listings to my Watch List, and a local shop did one of the seller offers that will cover my sales tax and still give me a slight discount, so I couldn't resist. Can't wait to try this thing out!
  22. sbrollins76

NGD - but what's with the fretboard?

That looks awesome, IMO.
  23. sbrollins76

What's your most controversial Led Zeppelin opinion?

I can't stand Robert Plant's voice and I think the rest of the band is a weak rip-off of the Who.
  24. sbrollins76

Guitar Center Cancelled Orders

That's happened to me a few times. Stuff does just walk out of their stores occasionally. Last year I played a used Heritage H-150 at my local store, thought about it for a while, went back and didn't see it on the wall anymore. I asked one of the sales guys who's helped me with other purchases...

Trending Topics