Search results

1. Byknfool

Talk to me about overdrive...

Hey everyone, Ive been thinking about overdrive lately (exciting right). I own overdrives, but lately I find myself not using them much at all. previously I used it to sweeten my guitar tone, goosing the amp a tad, or stacking into fuzz.Part of the reason I have gone away from overdrive is...
  2. Byknfool

Mercuriall amp sims... thoughts?

Hey all, Any opinions on any of the Mercuriall amp sims? I had the S-Gear free trial for a while but was never blown away. Right now I'm using a blackstar ht studio for my recording and I just found that sounded better than the S Gear (especially integrating my pedals). Mercuriall is on sale...
  3. Byknfool

FSOT Neunaber, VFE, Idiot Box, Tech 21

Prices PP and shipped All pedals have velcro but are in excellent condition VFE ALPHA DOG V2- Excellent condition SOLD Neunaber slate and exp- excellent condition with original boxes and connecting cable. $200 Tech 21 Liverpool- Excellent condition. Has original box but the box is dented...
  4. Byknfool

Lab Series Amps (any know anything about them?)

I was offered a Lab Series L11 as a trade for a Vox AC 15. I know very little about these amps. From what I can find they are solid state, and may be disireable? I found a couple articles that are interesting but not much. Anyone own one that can chime in? Thanks...
  5. Byknfool

Ezdrummer 2 vs Stephen slate drummer vs Addictive Drums vs. Realidrums 2020

What would be the best drum option for someone who is dipping their toe into recording. I’m personally looking for the most user friendly and has the best stock beats (I’m not a drummer and would prefer someone to play the beats for me 90%of the time). I would be using reaper for my DAW. If...
  6. Byknfool

Anyone own 2 of the same guitar?

Background: I have a Reverend Billy Corgan model guitar that is hands down the best guitar I own personally and actually the best guitar I have ever played (and I've played my fair share). The guitar feels like it was custom made for me. Anyway, another one just popped up locally for a decent...
  7. Byknfool

90’s fans unite! Excited for this concert season.

Seems like a lot going on with 90s band tours this year. I’ve scored Rage Against The Machine tickets and smashing pumpkins tickets. Also considering tool. What are you going to see this tour season?
  8. Byknfool

Fuzz stacked with other effects

Hello all, Thought about posting this in the strictly fuzz forum, but thought maybe it needed its own thread. Being on a Fuzz kick lately it got me thinking what else fuzz might get along with when it comes to other effects. My two current favorites are delay for those Floydish solos and...
  9. Byknfool

At home karaoke solution

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for a decent at home karaoke solution? Had a small new years get together and I used musixmatch on my ipad with spotify and my small PA set up. This worked OK and people had fun but I'm curious if any...
  10. Byknfool

At home karaoke solution

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for a decent at home karaoke solution? Had a small new years get together and I used musixmatch on my ipad with spotify and my small PA set up. This worked OK and people had fun but I'm curious if...
  11. Byknfool

Apollo Deluxe Guitar... anyone ever hear of these?

Found an ad for an Apollo Duluxe Guitar in my facebook market place. Anyone have one of these. The ad says from the 1960's. Looks interesting but wondering if anyone has any experience with one. Nearly exactly like this one...
  12. Byknfool

I want it all...but don't know where to start. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm struggling a bit right now with decision overload and could use some sound advice. Currently my set up includes a pair of vox AC15's but I'm itching for something different. I play mostly at home and would like something that sounds great at low volume (sometimes my amps are too loud) but I...
  13. Byknfool

Please educate me in the world of speaker swapping (in general but also specifically for a Vox AC15)

I posted a similar.question in another thread but I didn’t get the response I needed for a proper education on swapping speakers. Feel free to point me in the direction of another thread if it can help me. I am ignorant about speaker changes and I'm currently considering a speaker change for...
  14. Byknfool

What might be a good amp for me?

Alright all. I honestly don't have a ton of experience with amps but I'm hoping people here can help me. Currently I have a Vox AC 15 and a Katana 100. While I like the sounds I get out of them, sometimes I think I want something different. I use the normal channel on the Vox mostly but even...
  15. Byknfool

Source Audio Hub and attaching it to pedal board

Hey SA fans, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread of hijack one of the existed source audio thread, but I decided on the later. I'm in a situation now where I would like to get a SA hub for my smaller board but I don't have room to put it on the top of the board. I'm curious if any...
  16. Byknfool

Thoughts on thicker guitar strap attachment options?

What do most of you do for your thicker guitar straps? I have schaller strap locks on a couple guitars, but I'm not in love with them. I have used grolsch washers before on a couple of my guitars, but I have recently purchased a couple of new leather straps that are thicker and don't allow for...
  17. Byknfool

adhesive for rubber coming off pedal?

Hey all, I have a wah pedal where the rubber is coming off the top of the pedal. Any suggestions for a good adhesive or something else to reattach the rubber? Thanks for any suggestions.
  18. Byknfool

Talk to me about string size

OK...I've been playing guitar for 10 years now and I have always used the same size strings. I use what would be considered to be lights on both my acoustic and electric guitars. I was jamming with a friend the other day who is a stronger guitar player than myself who now plays bass most of the...
  19. Byknfool

Tech 21 Character pedals question

Curious how it is best to run these into an amp to get the best results. I'd like to run a Liverpool into a clean amp to get the best Vox tone I can. Is it best to run in front of the amp or in the effects loop? Do you keep the speaker sim on or turn it off? Thanks for any tips.
  20. Byknfool

Always on delay?

i was looking through this thread and I was surprised to see how many people have an "always on delay". I'm curious what settings people are using if your delay is always on.
  21. Byknfool

convince me I need a wah pedal...

Alright...I purchased a wah pedal a couple years ago and just didn't use it, so of course I sold it to invest in other things. Recently, I have been thinking I may need to give it another shot. I play mostly shoegazy, ambient, 90's stuff. How might you use wah in that sort of setting. I'm not...
  22. Byknfool

Going direct into a PA in stereo...would greatly appreciate some wisdom

I posted this in the Effects, Pedals, Strings and Things Forum but @scook thought I might get some good advice if I posted here... OK...I'm a bit new to the idea of going direct into a PA system. I have been researching a bit and I'm not sure if I have the right idea or not. Currently, I have a...
  23. Byknfool

Going direct into a PA in stereo...would greatly appreciate some wisdom

OK...I'm a bit new to the idea of going direct into a PA system. I have been researching a bit and I'm not sure if I have the right idea or not. Currently, I have a pair of vox AC 15's to play stereo at home and I love it. It's been a couple years since I've played live and I'm hoping to do so...
  24. Byknfool

Pedaltrain pro case alternative

I recently upgraded to a Pedaltrain pro pedal board and it has a soft case. I really don't trust the case to protect in transport. I also really don't need a custom flight case either. My first thought was a suitcase, but it's too big for the suitcases I have around. I'm curious if any one has...
  25. Byknfool

Modulation 101... I feel like I'm failing. School me.

Alright, I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share their experience with modulation with me. Recently I sold my VFE phaser from my small board because I found I just wasn't using it and that got me thinking about this topic. I would classify my playing as 90's ambient rock. I enjoy playing...

Trending Topics