Search results

1. triggercut

The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

The Echoplex that I’d ordered arrived on Friday. Unfortunately there was a problem with the signal cutting out, so I had to take it in for service. However, I did cook up a quick demo while it was working: Other than a Rat at the very opening, everything else is just a Strat on the bridge...
  2. triggercut

The thought had crossed my mind a couple of times to at the very least document my nicer gear (esp. my Martin Tweedy) in case something got stolen, but I've never looked into additional insurance specifically for that kind of stuff.
  3. triggercut

If you have a chance, you should read the obituary for him in the Hollywood Reporter. Yowza. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rip-torn-dead-larry-sanders-887059
  4. triggercut

The fact that Season 3 was as good as what it was (better than Season 2, although obviously not as good as Season 1) makes me a little more optimistic about a potential Season 4 (which, based on the ratings, seems likely). Probably one more season would suffice to tie up any loose ends.
  5. triggercut

Bill’s is a pretty nice store, I popped in there once a while back.
  6. triggercut

@PlexiFuzz , have you received that Echoplex you bought recently? Just wondering. Mine is scheduled to be delivered by the end of the day Friday. Special shoutout to Ed and others for recommending the Savior Machine. I spent an awful lot of time using that with the Strat and Goodsell 5F11...
  7. triggercut

So are you planning to use the EP-Pre in the same signal chain with one of your Echoplexes?
  8. triggercut

I think that we must have been thinking along the same wavelength...slow cooker chicken tacos for us yesterday.
  9. triggercut

This post deserves a double-like from me. Looks delicious. And speaking of tasty, I just bought an Echoplex.
  10. triggercut

That’s probably the only Gibson that would really interest me, but the AXL Bulldog I have kind of fills that niche already, so it’s not a high priority.
  11. triggercut

It’s not too hard for me to boycott Jimmy Johns or Papa Johns since there are much better options available for sandwiches (I’m partial to Potbelly) or pizzas. If I want chicken, I can travel a little further and go get some Popeyes instead of Chick Fil A.
  12. triggercut

If you have some time to kill...
  13. triggercut

So is it usually shower bourbon?
  14. triggercut

I think if you’re on a budget, the Rubberneck might be your best option. Otherwise, something like the Volante just because it has so many options.
  15. triggercut

No need to apologize, at least it’s found a good home with a follow boat-mate. There’s an Echoplex in my future.
  16. triggercut

Well, somebody bought it yesterday while my wife and I were visiting wineries in Virginia. I had kind of been hoping that it’ll still be around this morning so I could maybe grab it, although it’s probably better to save up some more money for getting one in the near future. I think an...
  17. triggercut

This is pretty tempting... https://reverb.com/item/25441913-maestro-echoplex-ep-3-just-serviced-free-shipping
  18. triggercut

That’s why I don’t buy from the Bill Clinton Reverb shop.
  19. triggercut

Looks even better on the inside ;) F99E979A-169A-4753-A84C-855F41549C5D by triggercut posted Jun 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM
  20. F99E979A-169A-4753-A84C-855F41549C5D

F99E979A-169A-4753-A84C-855F41549C5D

21. triggercut

Kicking off anniversary weekend with some smoked turkey breast: 8EBDF134-E03A-4374-8A4B-10727F81B129 by triggercut posted Jun 28, 2019 at 4:30 PM
  22. 8EBDF134-E03A-4374-8A4B-10727F81B129

8EBDF134-E03A-4374-8A4B-10727F81B129

23. triggercut

So there’s a meth-addicted trained attack squirrel on the loose in Alabama? Sounds about right. Maybe Neil Young should update his Alabama-related song catalog to reflect this.
  24. triggercut

My wife and I watched that movie a while back...it was pretty funny. A little Zach Galifanakis can go a long way, but it helped that the rest of the cast was pretty good (Kristen Wiig, Owen Wilson, etc.)