Search results

1. themightyjay

Belated New Rig Day - Carol-Ann Tucana 2

Been a Kemper user for years (still am) but recently found myself still hankering after a decent valve amp and pedals to play around with... Enter this awesome Carol Ann Tucana 2 and a whole bunch of tasty pedals. Absolutely loving this amp, hard to get a bad sound out of it. High gain has...
  2. themightyjay

Tell me about the Carol Ann Tucana 3r

Been offered a trade for this head, must say it looks great, I just have a few reservations. I play lots of styles, ranging from rock pop covers to Black Metal, can the Tucana get heavy if you boost it? Am I right in thinking it’s Marshall flavoured overall? Also, is it correct the bias...
  3. themightyjay

The alternative Kemper 2 thread

Hey Kemper, you’re amps sound great and those new reverbs are killer too. There might some debate about whether a new Kemper is wanted or needed but... Can we have an updated foot controller please? Some scribble strips wouldn’t go amiss, and you can get rid of those horrible clicky...
  4. themightyjay

NGD - Gibson Les Paul Standard 2018

Sold off loads of my gear recently in order to fund a nice new Les Paul for myself. After much agonising over various 2016/2017 models that were being cleared out from various stores I came across someone selling an as new 2018 Les Paul Standard for £1600. Mine is in the Mojave Burst finish and...
  5. themightyjay

Strymon Mobius Or...?

Hi all, I'm looking at ourchasing a Strymon Mobius but I'm also wondering if there's anything out there in a similar price range or cheaper that'll do the job for me? Ideally I need to be able to store presets as well but open to options depending on how versatile other pedals can be. Main...
  6. themightyjay

Axe Fx 2 Mk 1 / Mk 2 Go The Way Of The Ultra/Standard

From Cliff on the FAS Forum - "Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM." Guess it was always coming eventually? Still a...
  7. themightyjay

Line 6 Helix, is mine broken?

Hello all. So all of a sudden my Helix sounds absolutely awful and I'm not sure why. Even with a very simple preset it sounds pretty much unusable. It's hooked up directly to my studio monitors, recorded directly into reaper via USB. This is the Soldano model with a Friedman 3 Sigma Audio IR...
  8. themightyjay

Preamps - Digital Doesn't Sound As Good As Analogue, Why?

First off this is not a bash on digital, I use a Helix all the time as well as valve amps, but something I've noticed is - If you use a digital preamp into a valve power amp, could be a Helix, Kemper, Axe whatever (I've tried all three) it never sounds as full, powerful or warm as an actual...
  9. themightyjay

Kemper Vs Helix Vs Axe FX 2 - The Golden Ears Test

Following on from my comparison thread and various threads on here, it's been very interesting to note all the opinions on the various modellers, most notably how some sound digital, some have crossover distortion, some sound processed etc. With that in mind I realised that for the last demo I...
  10. themightyjay

Helix vs Kemper vs Axe FX 2 - My Experience

So after being an owner of a Kemper for the last few years I recently decided to give the Helix a try. While attempting to offload said Kemper I got offered a straight trade for an Axe FX 2 (oops, though I have owned and gigged one ages ago.) so here's a brief overview of my thoughts. Kemper -...
  11. themightyjay

Solved! Line 6 Helix 4cm Help Needed

Hi guys, attempting to run the Helix in 4cm and can't get it to work. I'm following the instructions to the letter here - The strange thing is, when I run it with two cables, input > send 1 > amp input it's fine. If I do guitar > amp input and then amp send > Helix input > Helix Send 1 > amp...
  12. themightyjay

Fractal AX8 for effects then... Opinions wanted

Okay, so now there's a few AX8's out there I'm interested to know how it fares as a multi effects unit, particularly with a valve amp, anybody tried this? The reason I'm interested is I currently run a Kemper for some stuff and an EVH head / cab and a pedal board for other stuff. If the AX8...
  13. themightyjay

Mesa Rectifier Trade Decision

Hey all, long time Rectifier fan here! I've got a tatty Revision F at the moment (works 100% though) and have been offered a straight trade for a mint Multi-Watt, what do you think? Obviously three channels and a decent clean are a bonus, but is the overdrive tone going to compare? All the...