Search results

1. Cool Hand Luke

Guitar you first really wanted when growing up

Lots of cool stories here. For me it was a tie. When I discovered these two bands at 13 years of age I knew I wanted to play guitar. I had no money but that didn't stop me from dreaming, and went I dreamt it was of these two iconic guitars and all those beautiful sounds they made: The Edge's...
  2. Cool Hand Luke

BOSS GT-1000CORE - "GT-1000 stomp" from Boss

That is so clever. Simple but clever.
  3. Cool Hand Luke

As @Bill Ruppert said, all the top tier units are capable of equally great tones and. I think you should look into the feature sets of each unit plus the UI and your use cases. That was what I did when I bought the GT-1000 1½ years ago. I bought the GT-1000 because of the stompbox feature as...
  4. Cool Hand Luke

Have you tried changing the assign between toggle and moment?
  5. Cool Hand Luke

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

That he did. And Steinbergers were cool. And I think they still are. I just wish that they would bring back the M-Series (at an affordable price).
  6. Cool Hand Luke

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

So sorry to hear this :( Eddie was special. Listening to him makes me long for the time when playing the guitar was allowed to be fun and didn't have to be all serious.
  7. Cool Hand Luke

Does the gain switch change anything in the model? I thought it just changed the range of the gain knob, to be honest. But if not, then I am going to do some more experimenting :)
  8. Cool Hand Luke

Anyone heard of this yet?

So you need an iPhone or Android device to use this if you want to edit anything? No thanks. What happens when the company goes out of business and no longer maintains the app which is left unable to run sometime in future once the OS on either platform has received a few major updates? I'll...
  9. Cool Hand Luke

in 20 years, i wonder what effect we'll be accused of overusing?

Tell him shut up and practice keeping the beat so he doesn't mess up your soundscapes with his out-of-time drumming! :D
  10. Cool Hand Luke

Grissom says the HX Stomp sounds more “digital” than M9?

Just goes to show that being a great guitar player does not make you immune to Signal Chain Superstition (hereby branded SCS for future use). It would only be the cable going from the guitar to the first buffer that would roll of the high end as from that point you are dealing with a low...
  11. Cool Hand Luke

New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Another reverb tip: Put the reverb in a divider with both channels active. Set the dry level of the reverb to 0. Now start modifying the sensitivity for the path with the reverb. If you balance it right you can set it up so you get a really big splash of reverb if you hit the strings hard.
  12. Cool Hand Luke

FRFR...I have to admit I've changed my mind.

We have the X-AIR 18 channel mixer in our band. Great tool and great for personalized monitor mixes. We are two guitarists and we mike our amps up. In case of emergency I have set up the first two channels with the built in amp modeling, so we could just plug our pedal board straight in. It's...
  13. Cool Hand Luke

Long defintive posts and the ever-evolving "journey". AKA when you've used it all, 10x per brand. AKA it's not broke but I am still trying to fix it.

Remember space for ventilation! Two fridges side by side. And put in a PCM80 for some really good verbs!
  14. Cool Hand Luke

Who out there is running a MFX into the front end of an amp?

I do the same - except that I am actually using the amp models and the output modes :O. There I said it! I use the output modes. "But how can that work? A preamp into a preamp?". Well, I just treat it like amp-in-a-box pedals. And I only use a few different models. A couple of years ago there...
  15. Cool Hand Luke

This Should Have Ended Bowie's Career

He didn't seem too happy being photographed there...
  16. Cool Hand Luke

This Should Have Ended Bowie's Career

That and insane amounts of cocaine.
  17. Cool Hand Luke

No, nothing to do with scenes at all. I chose the GT-1000 for usability reasons and the stompbox feature was the deciding factor. I am a stickler for usability and adding the feature I suggested would make me auto-upgrade. Yes, there are workarounds and ways to get all the stuff done that I...
  18. Cool Hand Luke

The recent postings have made me think of a wish for the next generation: I would like to be able to save combinations of effects as "stompboxes". That would be fantastic. The current stompbox implementation helps a bit but I often find myself dialing in the same combinations of effects in...
  19. Cool Hand Luke

Seems like Boss was the first to finally nail the TTAE (True Tube Amp Experience) with a modelling device :D
  20. Cool Hand Luke

Very nice. I have also been experimenting with the Ring Modulator in front of the drives. By setting the mode to Intelligent (?) and having the mix controlled by the input level via an assign you can also get some really nice sputtery fuzz when turning up the volume on the guitar.
  21. Cool Hand Luke

Let’s see your #1

Is that you, Adrian Belew?
  22. Cool Hand Luke

Distortion with big chords?

The X-amps in the Boss GT-1000 are actually really good at handling this. So are the Boss DS-1x and OD-1x pedals. Try looking those up on youtube to get the low down.
  23. Cool Hand Luke

SY1000 GR300 Jam

Cool track! I just brought home a Boss SY-1 from the local music store and I will be firing it up shortly. Thanks for the inspiration :)