Search results

1. S

Just got my TIM in the mail...

Ordered one yesterday and Paul said it should be around December some time. Nice guy, btw.
  2. S

What's been your best amp purchase for 2010???

ditto. Used a 73 for a long time and I would agree with the el34's
  3. S

I read all the Marshall Class 5 threads and....

Anyone know if MF has started shipping them with the rattle fixes?
  4. S

Amp Tech in Dallas/Fort Worth area

Anyone have a recommendation for an amp tech in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? I have an older Marshall amp that has been in storage and would like to have it checked out before I power in on.
  5. S

Amp from storage

I'm looking for some advice/tips on powering up a amp that has been in storage for about 25 years. The head is 1973 50w marshall and the cabinet is a 4x12 from the late seventies. Both have been stored in road cases but only the head in a climate controlled environment. Thanks in advance.
  6. S

speaker repair in the Dallas area

I used them for several years and never had a problem. I agree, they have been around for ever.
  7. S

Sonny Landreth's thumbpick

I can't tell for sure from the video but I do remember reading somewhere that he uses a herco thumbpick
  8. S

Rebel 20 vs. Rebel 30

bump
  9. S

Rebel 20 vs. Rebel 30

bump
  10. S

Rebel 20 vs. Rebel 30

I looked around in the other threads and didn't see this, but if I overlooked it, sorry. I was just about ready to buy the Rebel 20 with the cabinet when I noticed that the Rebel 30 will be out in a couple of months. From what I can tell the 30 is only going to be around $50 more than the 20...
  11. S

What kind of gear did you have when you were 23?

2 50W Marshalls with 4X12 cabs, Les Paul standard, Les Paul Junior, SG, Strat.
  12. S

blues shuffle

Beautiful tone and phrasing! Thank you for posting that. I really enjoyed it. What amp and effects were you using?
  13. S

Indyguitarist PlexiDrive owners: what can I expect?

Is the mod for C13 or C14? I saw C14 mentioned in another thread.
  14. S

bsiab 2 mods for strats

I built 2 of these with the c5 mod. Used the default cap for C14 on one and put it on switch. The second build I used the default caps for C13 and C14. The switched C14 mod works something like a bright switch. The second mod is a little darker but imho both sound super!!
  15. S

bsiab 2 mods for strats

Thanks everyone!!
  16. S

bsiab 2 mods for strats

Built the bsiab 2 with this mod I found here. Sounds great, particulary with humbuckers. Was wondering if anyone had a mod they really liked with a strat.... "Stock transistors as above, 560pF for C5, no caps for C13 or C14"
  17. S

free chords!

Very Cool! Thanks!!
  18. S

Fulltone OCD Poll

Thanks pear gage. I have a pp2+. Just to make sure I'm understanding this, pick on of the first 4 outputs and change the dip switch for that output to on?
  19. S

Fulltone OCD Poll

What type of power supply are you using to get 12V?