Search results

1. D

Curious about Glen Burton guitar

I got a Glen Burton solid body with a figured Maple top in trade and am curious about it's value. It has an original Floyd Rose bridge, two Hum Bux, and a Single coil in the middle. It appears to be circa late Eighties with it's angular headstock and sharkfin inlays. Strictly for the Hair...
  2. D

Espania guitars made in Sweden_Anybody?

My Dad has a beautiful classical guitar he wants to sell but he can only tell me a little about it. He's had this since I was a kid. I was never allowed to use picks with it since it didn't have a "scratch guard". Good thinking on his part because the top is perfect (as are the back and sides)...
  3. D

Eventide releases beta software for the PitchFactor

Eventide releases beta software for the PitchFactor http://eventide.com/ Here's the link from AES; http://www.martinporter.com/aes/articles/article_230.shtml I'm holding out for an Eventide Express a little longer.
  4. D

Change the tips or tuners on 50's Gibson?

I put new butterbeans on my National & Supro lapsteels and they'll be OK. They new plastic just looks so White! I was wondering if I should pull the tuner plates and stick 'em in the case so I can swap in the current 3-on-a-strip tuners Kluson offers. This way I haven't fornicated original...
  5. D

What's so special about the Acetone FM2 fuzz?

:crazyguyOK, I felt like I was missing some key element to achieving a killer fuzz tone by this fellows response to my query about the Acetone fuzz. He reffered me to that bastion of empirical data, Harmony Central, for a quick course in all that is sublime. The reviews there said stuff that...
  6. D

Reducing the feedback inna Sup Reverb

Does anyone have a recomendation for reducing the feedback squeal in a silverfaced Super Reverb? I'm using it onstage for harp playing so it's proximity to the mic is pretty close as a rule. I'm thinking in terms of preamp tube substitution or sumpin'.:confused: