Search results

1. T

Musical retreats?....

So I just looked into the G3/G4 event for August of 2014. This looks like it could be really cool. But am I just thinking like a teenager? Which I haven't been for quite some time. Seriously, if that's your musical persuasion, could you have fun at the age of 41 at an event like this. The...
  2. T

Need help with an EL34 Shiva NR problem

i know - its not the reverb model, definitely 7th pre tube, marked v11, and it glows.... now just maybe the circuit is complete with no reverb "module" in place, hence the glowing, i would've expected to see a blank in that place instead of an actual socket. i'll snap a pic in a bit you...
  3. T

Ever bought an amp you've never played?

all the time - Voodoo, Fuchs, Budda, VHT, Marshall, Bogner - in that order. ...i was always a straight fender guy then got the itch. Fuchs was the only i was not happy with.
  4. T

Need help with an EL34 Shiva NR problem

weird scenario - I've had this amp for a couple years without issue then all of a sudden weird things start happening... Gig 3 weeks ago - no issue. No Practice that week - head sat the house for a week not used...:nono Gig 2 weeks ago - I plug in and i get nothing (running through...
  5. T

Cot50 coupons

Ok - starting to worry. I started this thread and still don't have mine. Has everyone gotten theirs?
  6. T

Cot50 coupons

That's what I'm hoping for.
  7. T

Name the Pedals that you've Bought more than Once.

Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe. And I'll probably do it again.
  8. T

What's been your best amp purchase for 2010???

Vht sig x. Amazing.
  9. T

Cot50 coupons

How bout it!
  10. T

Cot50 coupons

Anyone else lucky enough to grab one at that f#%£ing awesome price. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
  11. T

Boutique EQ?

Is anyone making a boutique/handmade EQ? Not sure if I really want one, but I'm curious.
  12. T

Fulltone 69 Pedal

I had one before my plexi. Wish I had it now. I love my fender but this pedal needs to crush the front end of an already overdriven amp to get the sound you want. Into a super clean fendery chime will make it sound weak and thin IMO.
  13. T

Modding jcm800's

I know some if not most will say this is a sin but there is a tone I'm after that I believe the modding process can help with. I want to put in a high quality tube fx loop plus I want the treble to be less spikey. I believe that's the technical term. I checked out Voodoo Amps and FJA...
  14. T

Vibrato. How is yours?

Usable vibrato has been my goal for the past year now. I've played since the mid-late 80's, and although there are many many players that i know that are far better, i do feel that i can hold my own based on theory and note choice. HOWEVER - a uasble if not sweet vib is the icing on the cake...
  15. T

16 OHM greenback trouble

That's kind of what I thought. Thanks.
  16. T

16 OHM greenback trouble

are recones reliable? Drawbacks, aside from a compromised speaker?
  17. T

EHX Memory Boy

Just got one in trade - i never even heard of this. Tell me what you all think of this unit.
  18. T

16 OHM greenback trouble

OK - i know that if you push (gently) on the interior of the cone and you feel/hear a crunch/squish it's a good indication of a blown speaker, THAT does not happen. What also doesn't happen is the speaker reacting in any way to a toner put on the terminals AND a 'zero' reading when attempting...
  19. T

Rangemaster?

Sounds incredible - i was playing a '76 2203 with only this in line and it was THE tone i've been looking for. No on/off - just a dial that goes way past 11.
  20. T

Rangemaster?

What can anybody tell me about this. I've been told it is an original. It sure sounded fantastic in front of a mid 70's 2203. Ungodly, really.
  21. T

FS: AB switches

i want the purple one - pm me for payment details.
  22. T

Pigtronix EP-1

can i get vintage tones out of it or is it more of a "modern" pedal. I don't know if i would ever have looked at this pedal, however i've been offered a trade and i did throw the line out on wanting phaser/modulation. Hence i probably would not wait for a new model as i'm not actually "buying"...