Search results

1. Ampegasaur

Celestion Vintage 30, Real Difference in Made in England/China?

Old thread resurrected....
  2. Ampegasaur

Reverb prices are silly recently

My stuff has been selling well. I don't ask close to retail either.....
  3. Ampegasaur

The Amp Guts Appreciation Thread PART 2 ! !

Still my favorite thread on the internet.
  4. Ampegasaur

Vintage Fender Tele Microphonic Bridge Pickup Help

Using Tubes, and tried the blue Tape. No help.
  5. Ampegasaur

interesting. I will see if that works.
  6. Ampegasaur

1963 Fender Tele Bridge Pickup Position Microphonic

1963 Fender Telecaster Custom, period correct pickups, CTS 1963 "dish" pots, With original bridge. I am having a problem with the bridge position pickup. I thought it was the pickup that was microphonic, so I put in a New properly potted Fralin Pickup. Still lightly microphonic, so I thought...
  7. Ampegasaur

1963 Fender Telecaster Custom, period correct pickups, CTS 1963 "dish" pots, With original bridge. I am having a problem with the bridge position pickup. I thought it was the pickup that was microphonic, so I put in a New properly potted Fralin Pickup. Still lightly microphonic, so I thought...
  8. Ampegasaur

Why would anyone refinishe a vintage instrument?

I have acquired more than a few that were stripped prior to me owning it. Therefore a period correct refinish many prefer. I had that done, and have 0 regrets. RSGuitarworks did a fantastic finish that looks amazing.
  9. Ampegasaur

You want an original sound. Amps that are truly unique. What have you played?

Valco Made vintage amps, 6973 Power Tubes ECL-86 equipped Bogen PA conversion amps Several Ampeg amps Original Fender Super Champ
  10. Ampegasaur

So this is uh... a heck of a thing

Look at the binding. The worst i have ever seen. Just wow.
  11. Ampegasaur

Kiesel Fires Back at Gibson! (Video)

Very very very true.
  12. Ampegasaur

Kiesel Fires Back at Gibson! (Video)

This is a tough one, They are both 2 companies I am not a fan of. Gibson has the cool factor, the heritage, and do make some nice guitars when you find one without issues. Kiesel has improved their image somewhat, Jeff is not someone I would want to deal with. Been some really shady stuff in...
  13. Ampegasaur

Dan and Mick owe me $400...

They are great pedals, still have not found better overdrive, boost, fuzz, distortion or wah in my experience. Lots of good pedals out there, they work for my ears and needs. Klon being the other one, but a different animal. RIP my friend John Landgraff.
  14. Ampegasaur

Dan and Mick owe me $400...

Meh. Sounds pretty good. A little muddy for me, would have to hear it in a band setting. A little dumble flavor I suppose. I will keep my Landgraffs, and a few other flavors. They cover this and more.
  15. Ampegasaur

"You don't need more than one guitar"

Very few do that. If you play one very specific type of music, very narrow in scope, 1 Tone with 0 variation, and it never ever fails, I guess one will do. 99% of players don't agree. They are built to sound different for a reason. For different styles. Different tones. Pretty odd to say...
  16. Ampegasaur

One kind is not one guitar. Again, almost no guitarist uses one guitar an entire show. Classical, really? Hardly the same. Most own several instruments as well. Even different ones for different shows, different timbres needed. One guitar? Sorry, not many at all.
  17. Ampegasaur

Not many famous musicians have used just one guitar. Not any i can think of. Page, tele, 3 pickup custom, 59 LP, Danelectro. Some may be favored, but most have several. Some guitars have unique flavors, and if you play one style of music exclusively with little variance, i guess. Most use...
  18. Ampegasaur

I have more amps than guitars, i have LOT of guitars. So many do their thing well and cannot be truly duplicated. The can get somewhat close with modeling, but i prefer the real thing. AC-30 AC-15 Valco 6973 Amps Marshal JTM45 100 watt plexi 18 watt Marshall Blackface Super reverb Deluxe...
  19. Ampegasaur

Not going to lie, i did laugh. A few times. CSB.
  20. Ampegasaur

I have 50+. Guess i am a bad person. Shame on me.