Search results

1. S

Mills 212 Cab?

How close does this cab get to a 4x12? I'd rather not have to lug around a half stack if I can get pretty close.
  2. S

What to Buy?: Gibson LP, PRS SC250 or Anderson Cobra

Unfortunately I have no dealers close by to demo the PRS and Anderson. I'm looking for a guitar that has a really full sound - real beefy and full on chords and that can sing on leads. I play music in the vein of Alice in Chains/Tool/Porcupine Tree to name a few. I own a PRS Singlecut SE which...
  3. S

Anderson Cobra?

I'm considering buying one of these, but have no opportunity to demo one locally. Can anyone tell me their opinions on this guitar? I currently am playing a PRS Singlecut SE (Korean) with WCR Godwood pickups...it's decent...not amazing, but gets the job done. Thanks for your thoughts....
  4. S

Can anyone tell me how the Lehle Little Dual would compare to the Startouch ST-2?

...the Startouch ST-2 (is 100 bucks cheaper). I've heard they are supposed to be good, but am concerned about tone suck and phase issues, relative to the Lehle.
  5. S

What is the difference between a Lehle SGoS Dual & a Little Dual

The Lehle SGoS Dual goes for 369.99 and the Lehle Little Dual goes for $219.99... they both seem to be able to run 2 amps simultaneously like I'm trying to do.
  6. S

H&K Triamp MkII vs. Egnater Mod50 vs. Etc.

I'm trying to figure out what amp to add next. I already own a Bogner XTC 101b and a Soldano SLO. Looking for something a little different than those two (but still within the crunchy Marshall-esque territory). Looking for tight, heavy distortion and a nice clean channel. Don't particularly like...
  7. S

Which Teese RMC WAH for me?

I play in a hard rock band - think Alice in Chains, Tool, Helmet, etc. Also play some more straight ahead rock as well. I've done some research, but am kinda baffled at to what sets these wahs apart. Which do you think would be the best fit for me?
  8. S

Can't Find a Overdrive/Distortion Pedal I Like....Sigh...

I just can't warm up to many OD/distortion pedals...it seeems that no matter what, the amp distortion just sounds head and shoulders better. One of my newer distortion pedals is a Menatone King of the Britains which has been one of the better ones I've tried, but it still doesn't seem to come...
  9. S

Zvex Fuzz Factory OR Catalinbread Teaser Stallion?

Trying to decide between these 2...preferences?
  10. S

Red Witch Fuzz God II or Zvex Fuzz Factory?

Trying to pick a fuzz between these two...
  11. S

Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso VS. Keeley Katana Boost

I'm looking to boost my Bogner XTC 101b with one of these 2 pedals...primarily for rhythms on the blue channel. I do not want to add much more compression or smoothness to the tone just some more gain via boost volume.
  12. S

Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso?

I'm thinking about getting this boost pedal to goose the front of my Bogner XTC 101b's blue channel. Think it would work well with it? I want it to tighten it up a little and give me a little bit of a boost/more gain out of it for my rhythm tone.
  13. S

Looking for a Boost Pedal (Xotic, Barber, Keeley)

I've been considering the following options...Xotic BB+ preamp, RC Booster, Barber Launch Pad and the Keeley Katana. I'm looking for a very transparent boost that won't add volume...just want more gain. The amps I'll be using are a Bogner XTC 101b and a Soldano SLO.
  14. S

Menatone King of the Britains - Short Review

Just got this pedal the other day. Sounds pretty killer. I'm currently really digging the 3rd mode with the volume at 3 o'clock and gain around 12 o'clock. Reccomended for those looking for a plexi tone to add to their rig. It's very amp-like for a pedal - great response and dynamics, cleans up...
  15. S

Menatone King of the Britains or ZVex Box of Rock?

I'm really intrigued by the new Menatone KOTB pedal. I'm ideally looking for a nice fat, full-bodied plexi crunch pedal to run thru the clean channel of my Soldano SLO. I'm not sure whether this pedal was designed for this purpose or whether it's really for Fender clean amps, Vox, etc. I'm also...
  16. S

Thinking of Selling an SLO and getting an XTC

I do really like the SLO in a lot of ways, but am not really thrilled with the brightness of it. I know, I know...once you get it above 4 on the master it tames the brightness, but I haven't been able to play a venue indoors our outdoors where I can get it up that high. I am really intrigued by...

Trending Topics