Search results

1. jawajt

What’s in the mail? Vinyl, CDs, etc.

I’m anxiously waiting for my vinyl copy of the new Hum record. I have the digital version. And if it sounds that good in my car, I can’t wait to hear how it sounds on vinyl. For those of you waiting on the Wildflowers reissue, you’re in for a treat. Listened to the vinyl this weekend, and it...
  2. jawajt

Any Shoegaze Fans?

This is another band that definitely had some shoegaze influences. They weren’t around long, but I listen to their EP constantly. They were called Mellonova.
  3. jawajt

Any Shoegaze Fans?

Totally agree with this. This album had the potential to be a real letdown, but it came out amazing. I saw them twice, touring for this record, and they sounded fantastic. Apparently, they’re in the studio now, working on a new album. Can’t wait.
  4. jawajt

another U2 reish

This may be my favorite song of theirs, which I first heard on the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack. All That You Can’t Leave Behind is a great album. Hard to believe it’s been around 20 years.
  5. jawajt

Any Shoegaze Fans?

Big shoegaze fan, especially Slowdive. Loved their last album, and I’m excited that they’re working on a new one. I’m never quite sure if shoegaze is the same as dream pop, but I really dig some of those bands, like Cocteau Twins. Beach House is a cool, more recent shoegaze/dream pop band.
  6. jawajt

One Hit Wonders

Was going to post this one. Despite the "dated" references at the end, I think this is one of the greatest pop songs ever written. Awesome song. I love that whole album.
  7. jawajt

Would you buy an SG or a Firebird?

It’s great, especially after I added a roller bridge. I really dig that guitar.
  8. jawajt

It’s funny, because I wanted a Pelham Blue Firebird VII for years. But when I happened upon the Tikibird in my local store, I immediately dug it. I got the SG a few months ago. It does look great in Pelham Blue. I also really like the 50th anniversary Pete Townsend SG, which is white with P90s.
  9. jawajt

Like this?;) Clearly, I couldn’t choose between the two.
  10. jawajt

What is the best online source for vinyl LPs?

I get a lot from Elusive Disc, if my local shop doesn’t have it.
  11. jawajt

Favorite Lineup of Bands who Changed Members

The Roots with Kamal on keys and Leonard Hubbard on bass. The Brand New Heavies with N’Dea Davenport on vocals. The Drive-By Truckers with Jason Isbell The Byrds with Gram Parsons Foo Fighters with Chris Shifflett
  12. jawajt

Took a great shot of the "Gear Corner" - share yours too!

My corner has gotten some additions and subtractions, since my last post. Added the SG and Blueshawk. I also redid my amp setup with two lovely Carr combos.
  13. jawajt

Deep Cuts Off Of Huge Albums

Yes, and that's my favorite song on it. So good. :aok
  14. jawajt

Deep Cuts Off Of Huge Albums

I can think of quite a few: And Your Bird Can Sing--Revolver Run For Your Life—Rubber Soul Gods Of War—Hysteria In God’s Country and Red Hill Mining Town—Joshua Tree Surf Wax America-The Blue Album Once—Ten Drain You—Nevermind He Can Only Hold Her—Back To Black Flute Loop—Ill Communication...
  15. jawajt

Analog Delay Recommendations

The ML2 is a great pedal. I still have one in my collection of delays. The only "downsides" to that pedal are the power requirements and the modulation might be too subtle for some folks. Still a beautiful sounding delay though.
  16. jawajt

Analog Delay Recommendations

I think the Deluxe Memory Man Tap Tempo may be a good fit for your needs. Fantastic sounding repeats, lush modulation, runs on 9 volts, a gain knob to adjust the volume, and the oscillation (which you can access by holding the tap switch) is the most musical and useable I’ve heard in an analog...
  17. jawajt

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

I’d pull the Velcro off with needle nose pliers. And I would use Goo B Gone to get the residue off.
  18. jawajt

Hercules Guitar stands Beware!!!!

Same issue here, that I noticed recently. Not only is the height adjuster sticky, but so is the handle for the adjustment screw for the legs. I'll email Hercules, but I'm not expecting much. My ex-girlfriend bought me the stand about 10 years ago. So I have no receipt. It's a shame, because the...
  19. jawajt

Prince borrows some guitars then breaks them

This can be said about, literally, every iconic musician. As far as boundaries he pushed...he was a MASSIVE pop star, that blended rock, jazz, funk, and R&B in a way nobody else had. He was also the rare pop star that could play multiple instruments extremely well. He wrote massive hits for...
  20. jawajt

Prince borrows some guitars then breaks them

I believe that was Carlos Boozer’s house.
  21. jawajt

Stereo tremolo - smallish footprint...

I have the first version, and it sounds great. And for an analog pedal, it doesn’t have much, if any excess noise. From what I understand, the current version sounds even better. The new one also has Harmonic trem, which mine doesn’t have. As far as I know it’s true stereo. It has stereo inputs...
  22. jawajt

Stereo tremolo - smallish footprint...

Was going to post the same thing. Love mine. Analog, stereo ins and outs, the ability to pan the signal, and a preset, all in a "normal" size enclosure. Great pedal.
  23. jawajt

R.I.P. Malik B (formerly of the Roots)

“Water” is a GREAT song, as is “100% Dundee”. Love the keys on “100% Dundee” too.
  24. jawajt

R.I.P. Malik B (formerly of the Roots)

So sad. I know he battled addiction for a long time (though that isn’t necessarily what the cause of death was). And ultimately, that was why he was no longer a regular part of the band. That being said, I’m glad that they didn’t completely cut ties with him, and he still would do cameos on...
  25. jawajt

Guest appearances

Absolutely! Craig Ross is criminally underrated. That guy is such a great guitar(and bass) player. :beer

Trending Topics