Search results

1. jruano

Customs bringing a guitar from Europe

Sorry, Netherlands
  2. jruano

Customs bringing a guitar from Europe

Anyone has purchased something recently, how bad was customs?
  3. jruano

Acoustic advice - Fingerpicking guitar (and method?)

It's an awesome guitar for the money I paid for it. That said, I did upgrade later on in the thread. Oh boy...
  4. jruano

Love a helpful response. I know, and I said so. Just looking for something to inspire. It's worked fine for me so far, thanks.
  5. jruano

Keep working at this and I’m having a lot of fun. Making strides and it’s so rewarding, like those huge leaps you take when you first start out playing. I digress... came across a 00-28 and what a difference the 1”3/4 nut makes!... bought it on the spot. I know, you guys warned me, can’t say you...
  6. jruano

I have been following some tutorials online and such as a starter, and it's a lot of fun actually. Any particular methods you guys would like to recommend for a more organized approach or just keep going with whatever I come across?. Thanks.
  7. jruano

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to try it out!
  8. jruano

Ok, found a deal I thought was too good to pass up and ended getting a Eastman E10ooss/v. So I didn't follow a lot of the advice here with regards to nut width and such and went with the assumption that I'd struggle with a wider fretboard and my short fingers. I have only have it for a short...
  9. jruano

You're right, didn't mention a budget, but I'd like to stay around $2k or so if I can. Small hands, yes, so maybe 1 11/16ths is not out of the question really.
  10. jruano

Of course, of course... splitting hairs here. It’s TGP after all :-D . I could easily just use the J45, just looking for some inspiration/motivation here.
  11. jruano

So those Eastman at 1 11/16 (43mm) would be narrow, but Gibson 1.725” (43.81mm) starts being ok, with 1 3/4 (44.45mm) being the ideal for the application. Am I starting to understand all this?
  12. jruano

Thanks man, I thought that might be narrow too. How about that plethora of new Gibson l-00s there are?... they list the nut width as 1.72”, 1.73”...
  13. jruano

Thanks for the advice guys. I also thought of this one, since some of you mention Eastman. Thoughts? Afraid the neck may be chunky for my taste. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/e10ooss_v
  14. jruano

I’ll be sitting around the couch for this... was thinking about 00 maybe...
  15. jruano

Haha... I’m sure. Just using the excuse and a new tool for motivation
  16. jruano

Hi guys, I hope this finds you safe and healthy in these crazy, crazy times. I’ve been mostly an electric player my whole life and looking to use this confinement opportunity to work a little more seriously on fingerpicking, which I’ve wanted to do for decades. I do have a mahogany J-45 which is...
  17. jruano

need some Rolling Stones input

You need three records cutting it really, really short: Aftermath, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers. A better mini-collection would be Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile on Main St. The bare minimum discography to be had as far as I am concerned would be The London...
  18. jruano

Have you moved completely from an F to a G or G to an F

G and F are fine. It’s the B that gets me.
  19. jruano

What is your favorite album/CD cover?

this. Always this.
  20. jruano

The magic is gone

Totally agree. I've had many an R9 and now my only LP is one of those "terrible" USA standards.
  21. jruano

New Zoom multi-effect!

Fugly thing is fugly. Fun thread tho

Trending Topics