Search results

1. Carol-AnnAmps

Dumble the best tone?

Tag and I have a friendship that stems back many years, we beat on each other at times, but there's a mutual respect. He's actually a really good player with a lot of musical knowledge.
  2. Carol-AnnAmps

Dumble the best tone?

I know you have mate. Appreciated it. You stay well too !!! I no longer build amps, I have a full time gig designing robots now....literally. I do designs for other Manufacturers as well, so keep my hand in. 2500 amps over 12 or so years was enough for me and the business started to lose...
  3. Carol-AnnAmps

Dumble the best tone?

Played quite a lot.........THe only one I ever liked was a modded '73 Marshall. Rob knows the one. Whenever I play one I always end up sounding like you. So I grab a Plexi to normalize myself again :) j/k !!! Hope you are well, long time mate. Still see you have not lost your forum love. 38k...
  4. Carol-AnnAmps

Carol Ann Amps - Thread XVII

The M75 is a great speaker with the r series of amps and works especially good with the Tucana 3r. Gives the amp a bit more push through a live mix. In fact in that recording I just posted, I was using a 2x12 with one of those speakers along with an old (bloody ancient) Celestion CL80.
  5. Carol-AnnAmps

THe original Scholtz Classic is an incredible speaker. The 8 ohms sound better than the 16. No idea why, maybe Jim could comment as to why that would be. I have had many over a number of years and always found the above to be true. Others have found the same. Its not a significant difference...
  6. Carol-AnnAmps

Haha...thanks Mike !! I was messing around and I was running at a very low volume and found this tone that reminded me of Bryan May. Just inspired me to play that piece. One thing I would like to let the CA folks know about this amp. The last proto that arrived (this amp) Mike had sneaked a...
  7. Carol-AnnAmps

Contact DrZ and they will let you know.
  8. Carol-AnnAmps

My wife decided to video me messing around with the DrZ/CA proto this weekend. Spent the entire weekend in the shop working on things. Its amazing how frustrating it is how much time you spend looking for parts because its 2 years since you used them. Designs I used to know off the top of my...
  9. Carol-AnnAmps

new Diezel VHX amp and profiling detection: possible future profiling blocking?

Now the fun factor....thats a whole different rationale. I'm on board with that. I've done some pretty out there stuff for similar reasons. I had an issue for a period of time with people buying amps opening in them up taking photos and returning them. On several occasions they would break...
  10. Carol-AnnAmps

I chose to work with Cliff and perfect the models with him. Gave me back some control. The Axe sold more Tucana 3's than all the Dealers combined and probably still does help them shift on the used market. I don't know, I'm out of it now except for support of amps still in Warranty and a few...
  11. Carol-AnnAmps

Hahaha. I just read it. Seems like a desperate waste of engineering resources and time. A modelling designer only has to to change the profile algorithm, make a firmware change that users download and its beat the detection software. The Manufacturer of the amp has to do the same. Its a crazy...
  12. Carol-AnnAmps

Next Gen Amp Modeling Idea

I've always used SPICE modelling for certain aspects of design. In particular it can be good for analyzing harmonic generation through fourier analysis of a gain stage.
  13. Carol-AnnAmps

Next Gen Amp Modeling Idea

Interesting addition, Cliff actually modelled the Triptik 2 for me in an AxeFX2 from just a schematic before I had even made a prototype and I used that to tweak the actual design. These facilities are not available from the UI because its a consumer product, but it certainly proved to be an...
  14. Carol-AnnAmps

Guys, I finally have these speakers all done. Please send me shipping addresses to alan.phillips@carolannamps.com and I'll try to get them out in the next week. Sorry for the massive delay. Bit by bit, I'm trying to get this thing back together, not to build new amps but to at least to be able...
  15. Carol-AnnAmps

Just a status update. I had to convert my shop in order to test and qualify and number of ECU boards I designed that got delivered for work because with the facility being in MA only a few people are allowed in there at a time. That was an interesting transformation. From tube amps to soldering...
  16. Carol-AnnAmps

Hi Guys, Just checking in. Hope everyone is safe and well. Just an update. I work for a critical business that supplies and services the robots and automation used in the massive distribution centers for food supply chain distribution for large Companies such as Wal-Mart and Target. I am...
  17. Carol-AnnAmps

Wasn't sure what this was referring to, but after a bit of digging..... thank you. I agree. The guy who's amp was referenced here (around Feb 4th that had had no comms from me) came to my house yesterday morning to drop his amp off. It needs a new face plate and he wants a minor mod. It was an...
  18. Carol-AnnAmps

That Revo-T has been an orphan going from one person to another for a while now. I sincerely hope its found a more permanet home now. It's a great amp, but too many didn't understand it.
  19. Carol-AnnAmps

Recovery can't be measured in days or weeks. It takes months to see any changes. I made notes in a diary every day and would compare back say 3 months. sometimes it felt like no progress was being made and other times I caould see some positive changes. The little positive rays of sunshine...
  20. Carol-AnnAmps

Thank you for sharing your experience. Its not just guitar that connect people on this thread anymore.
  21. Carol-AnnAmps

Tht is correct. A new amp with the new warranty was the least I could do after such a long wait, plus I couldn't get the original to sound as good as I wanted it too. Right now its in my shop being used a test bed for a new Autobias circuit with 'remote' control.
  22. Carol-AnnAmps

How is she doing bro ? Take this offline directly if you want. Even though I am an advocate of talking openly about mental health issues in the hope it triggers others to get help for themselves or a family member suffering , but sometimes you don't want to share with the entire world. I'm not a...
  23. Carol-AnnAmps

Apologies for some of the negative things you may have seen. I had a tough time for a while. THese threads start back in about 2006 and apart from that small dark time, they have been on point and excellent for all these years.
  24. Carol-AnnAmps

Exactly. these designs are 'preamp centric' so are designed to be used with the master section. An attenuator can be used if you just need to drop the power a little bit, but it generally adversely affects the frequency response.
  25. Carol-AnnAmps

It can take EL34's and 6L6's, but is best to stick with EL34's. There is a third position for the switches that is *probably* 6V6's in a 50W. I say probably because some were set up for KT988's as there is two different firmware versions. However, the plate voltage is not ideal for 6V6's and...

Trending Topics