• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. R

Advice Needed For Instructional DVD's And Which Bass Guitar To Buy.

Looks like there's a lot to choose from at Truefire. Anyone want to recommend one for a beginner?
  2. R

Thanks, I'll check both guitars out. As far as the Instructional DVD's, I get more out of them than live instruction. With live lessons I tend to forget a lot of the material covered. With DVD's I can go back over it as many times as it takes.
  3. R

I've been a guitar player for a long time. I want to learn bass and I'm looking for advice on a good video DVD instructional set to buy. I'm also looking for advice on a good, but not to expensive bass guitar to buy for someone who is use to a standard guitar (tele, strat, acoustic). Thanks
  4. R

Gretsch, Which One For Jazz, Clean?

I found a 1997 6120DE (Duane Eddy) at GC yesterday. Absolutely love this guitar. The tone is perfect for Jazz and Chord Melodies. The playability is wonderful with low action and a fast neck. The guitar is in great condition except for a couple hair line cracks on the side. The bridge has been...
  5. R

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have the shorter scale. The Dynasonic's really intrigue me. Just not sure how they would sound with a clean jazz tone.
  6. R

Gretsch guitars are few and far between in my area. That's why I rely on forum members input. I'm looking for a Gretsch (not an Electromatic) that will be used strictly for Jazz tone and clean Chord Melodies. I'm not interested in OD or high gain. I play a lot of Finger Style, but do use a flat...
  7. R

Anyone Played A Guild Doyle Dykes Signature Guitar?

Thanks for your review. I have a couple questions about the tone. Is the high end overly bright or harsh? How is the the bass response? The Taylor DDSM was great plugged in, but very thin sounding unplugged and they bass response was weak. I'm hoping the Guild DDSM has a decent bass response...
  8. R

Anyone Played A Guild Doyle Dykes Signature Guitar?

I like to hear your review. How do they compare to the Taylor Doyle Dykes model?
  9. R

My Kemper is gone!!

After reading Chris's post I thought I had an aneurism. :bonk
  10. R

PRS Hollowbody, Wound 3rd or Unwound?

Will it need a setup going to 10/46's from the 11/49's with a wound 3rd?
  11. R

This is my problem. I can't bend the wound 3rd. A whole step.
  12. R

Just wondering if you use wound or unwound 3rd string on your Piezo equipped PRS Hollowbody? Also, what string gauge set do you use? If you're using an unwound 3rd, do you hear any difference with the Piezo?
  13. R

Neck Binding, Yes or No?

Good Point! the link below is the HBII with the bound neck. I'd like opinions on the orange color and the neck binding. The seller told me the binding is cream color and not white, but it sure looks like white.
  14. R

Neck Binding, Yes or No?

In my search for a PRS Hollowbody II, I came across one in Matteo Mist (Orange with faded darker edges) that has a bound neck. None of my guitars have a bound neck and I'm not sure if it would affect the playability (good or bad). It sure looks different than the HBII's I've been looking at. I...
  15. R

Charlie Christian Tele Conversion

Mark did an excellent job on my Tele. The rout in the pick guard for the neck pickup is perfect. By the way, how do you post photo's here?
  16. R

PRS P22 w/piezo

I had a killer P22 and sold it to purchase a used Olson acoustic, but the friend with the Olson backed out of the deal. The Piezo in the P22 is very good through my LR Baggs Para DI the to my SoundCraft mixer. I also play a lot of fingerstyle and was very satisfied. I did have a problem through...
  17. R

Charlie Christian Tele Conversion

Mark Kaiser installed a set of Lollar Charlie Christian pickups and did a beautiful job. He also installed a four way blade switch which gives me the three standard Tele positions with the forth position being both pickups in series to give that fat humbucker sound. The Charlie Christian's are...
  18. R

I played a JA-15 Today And........

I was very disappointed. Not in the tone/sound, but in the feel of the guitar. After all the rave reviews on how well the guitar plays, not liking the playability and feel was the last thing I expected. It's not the Pattern Neck Profile, I played a HBII with the Pattern Neck Profile and it felt...
  19. R

PRS Question On Discontinued Guitars

Just curious, what happens to to resale value of discontinued PRS guitars? Does the used prices go in the tank or do they hold their value because of availability?
  20. R

Shipping Guitars Through FedEx, Insurance?

So it's worse than I thought. They don't insure anything. I wonder whey they specified "String Instruments" only when I asked about insuring a guitar I was shipping. This makes me wonder why anyone would ship anything of value at all with FedEx.
  21. R

So the local FedEx office AND the Corporate office both tell you they don't insure string instruments for more than $1000, but you would ignore them and ship a $3000 guitar anyway? Just because they ask the Declared Value doesn't mean they insure it. The Declared Value is there for other items...
  22. R

That's terrible. I'm not being a smart ass, but what makes you think you paid for insurance? The only thing I've ever seen on their shipping form is a Declared Value. I've never seen a charge for insurance.
  23. R

I have my own account with FedEx and print the label at home, pack the guitar and drop it off at the FedEx location. When I called the FedEx Corporate office, they said they no longer insure any string instrument for more than $1000, new or used. So if you have a $3000 guitar destroyed in...
  24. R

Anyone know which insurance companies offer such a policy?
  25. R

Are aware that FedEx Does Not Insure Any String Instrument for more than $1000? I was told this by the local FedEx office and I called the corporate office and verified. Just because FedEx ask the value of on the shipping form doesn't mean it's insured for that amount.
Top Bottom