• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. M

Rocktron Plexi afterburner feature - Tried something new

I don't think I've seen these yet! Thanks for sharing, I'm excited to try this one out too.
  2. M

Finally got around to trying out this mod on my VS Plexi. Thanks DirtyHarry! The Afterburner is much better now, totally usable. Hard to find a bad sounding setting! I wonder if it'll be equally effective in the Black Plate+, since the circuits are basically the same..? Edit: Flipping back...
  3. M

Funny thread. . . Anyone know/remember who built this amp? (True point to point. . Trainwrecky 2 6v6...)

Haha, just a joke. This amp doesn't look like it's built on a chassis made out of a bent traffic sign... :roll
  4. M

Thanks again, DirtyHarry. Your help is much appreciated.
  5. M

Thanks DirtyHarry. Much appreciated. Did you find that your bright mod opened up the sound of the afterburner? I think the afterburner feature has a lot of potential but things can get really muddy real fast for me.
  6. M

Interesting tube, I think. I'm not sure if you noticed that there are 2 variations of the tube on that page, where the gain factors of the triodes are reversed. In the interest of clarifying which of the two would be ideal for V4, would you mind naming which variation of the tube you'd find to...
  7. M

Has anyone tried something like the JJ 12DW7/ECC832 in V4? Looks like one triode has the gain level of a 12AU7 while the other has the gain of a 12AX7. Sounds like an interesting way of reducing the Afterburner's drive while retaining the gain of the output stage...
  8. M

Cool, thanks! I had good experiences with the TS100 about 10 years ago. Sounds like a great setup.
  9. M

Might have missed this in the rest of the thread, but what are you using for monitoring/amplification? Just curious.
  10. M

I haven't seen those schematics available anywhere else, that would be a great resource for us Valvesonic users!
  11. M

There’s a Mesa sound, a Dumble Sound, but What IS the Soldano sound?

Dang, I loved the tone on 24 Nights. That swell at the beginning of "Bad Love"....
  12. M

Custom Audio OD50

This amp doesn't get mentioned all too often, especially compared to the OD100 in all of its different forms. Also not much in the way of YouTube clips, although the ones I can find sound pretty good. Anyone here swear by their OD50? I've got a line on one and I'm very curious. I own a few...
  13. M

Any pics of Joe B. playing a PRS guitar??

Would love to be able to hear what he was about to say before the video cut out!
  14. M

MIJ Charvel Guthrie Govan

You're right. Not sure how I missed that. The GG does have some extra contouring on it that (at the time) was unique to the model. Thanks!
  15. M

Edit: On second thought you might be right. I'm retracting my nonsense :P
  16. M

Love my Charvel GG, MIM DK24 and DK22, as well as my MIJ DK24. I'm sure it'll be a great guitar. Waiting for Charvel to issue a USA DK22...
  17. M

Hiwatt Hi Gain 100

Hi guys, final addition to the thread for posterity's sake- TL;DR- The Made In UK labeled Hiwatt Hi Gain series are 100% PCB with the pots and tubes on the boards. A ribbon cable connects the two big PCBs. My confusion originally came while reading the copy that was released with the amp...
  18. M

Budda Superdrive 45 - Yellow Jacket SS Rectifier?

Thanks HoboMan! I suspected something like that, and happy to hear I was right to be suspicious. Happy to see you in the thread, I've owned my SD30 for a number of years now and the bright mod you posted way back when really helped solidify its place with me. Do you know if the SD 45 works...
  19. M

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad I posted on here and confirmed my suspicion. The amp sounds great, I see no reason to mess with the circuit. I happened upon the YJR the other day and wondered if it'd be useful. Best to leave things as is! Thanks again!
  20. M

Hi all- Wondering if anyone out there has tried using the Yellow Jacket drop-in SS rectifier tube replacements in a Budda Superdrive. https://www.yellowjacketstc.com/yellow-jacket/yjr My Superdrive 45 sounds really good as-is, but on amps that give me a tube/SS switch I've almost always gone...
  21. M

Hiwatt Hi Gain 100

On last revisit, LOL. Seller reposted his ad. Anyone know if the UK versions have any hand wiring at all? Or it's it all PCB? Some confusion floating around with Hiwatt's relationship with Fernandes at the time...
  22. M

Anyone here remember fab amps?

Lots of nostalgia. Watching this thread :roll
  23. M

Hiwatt Hi Gain 100

Thanks for the bumps :P Anyone else have experience with the UK built Hiwatt Hi Gain 100?
Top Bottom