• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. papersoul

New modern high gain amp quest!

Yes, he was a hard core user of those. He switched to some Cornfords, PRS and Bludotones after his Uber, Shiva and DR. I have a lot of respect for his playing and tone. I know he used to use a Shiva/Cornford/Bludo for leads and the Uber and Dual Rec for rhythm. He said he likes that the PRS...
  2. papersoul

I was listening to some live Tremonti today and loved his tone. I know he's a big Bogner Shiva fan, Cornford fan as well as Bludotone. Sometimes I miss my Shiva but I compared it to my Mark V before selling the Shiva, and ended up preferring the V for leads, depending on settings. Like you...
  3. papersoul

Good point guys. I am always careful to preface things by telling people if I haven't actually played an amp. And if I have played an amp, I tell the scenario in which I've used it. I'm always suspect when someone tells me a specific amp or speaker doesn't cut thru, yet countless pros and...
  4. papersoul

Well said Eric.
  5. papersoul

WTB Celestion CL-80 16ohm UK

Looking for a 16 ohm used/broken in, UK made Classic Lead 80.
  6. papersoul

Yes I don't know... I just know the Krakens I checked out lacked a presence knob and I found myself wanting one. Personal taste. It was one of the darkest amps I've heard, but sounded awesome! :) Add a presence and it would be amazing!
  7. papersoul

Countless pros use Engls and cut like a beast. I've seen plenty live at gigs. Side note... Played my Archon 100 at rehearsal last night and that thing is a monster! Sort of like Mesa meets Marshall. Loved it.
  8. papersoul

I got to play a friend's ENGL Savage Mark II and man I loved it. Even the crunch channel was great for all sort of medium gain rock and hard rock from Van Halen to Rush to Alice in Chains. The heavy tones are unreal, so rich and thick and chewy. The leads tones I got reminded me of my Shiva...
  9. papersoul

Modified Boss GE-7 EQ, Orange Two Stroke, MI Audio Boost n Buff and more....

Yep, thanks. That's what I had and I may go back to that. Either the Monte Allums or Modest Mike's modified GE7. I was reading about the Two Stroke and how reviews talk about it being warmer and more natural than a graphic EQ. That said, I always thought the modified Boss EQ did exactly what I...
  10. papersoul

Yep I've seen a lot. A few guys I know had them but didn't use them live as they said they were really daek and lacked presence.
  11. papersoul

Modified Boss GE-7 EQ, Orange Two Stroke, MI Audio Boost n Buff and more....

Hey guys! Years ago I used a Monte Allums Boss EQ in my loop for solos. I then switched to the Xotoc EP and finally to the Suhr Koko Boost. I no longer have any of thes. I'm looking to get another mid boost for my loop and leaning toward the Boss EQ - Modified for complete control and...
  12. papersoul

Ah yes, I've heard about that! I'd be interested in maybe selling my Archon and grabbing the MT100, assuming it is three channel. Then again, the Archon I love and it may be cool having both. I have never played a Rumble and I think from clips I'm more of a Marshall guy or Bogner crunch guy...
  13. papersoul

That looks great, I agree. Too dark however? What's the crunch tone like?
  14. papersoul

Good to know. Thanks. Too bad most of these amps I'll never be able to try first. If I could find most of these in a room for me to check out, this would be an easy decision. :(
  15. papersoul

That does look great. I'm a big Marty fan too.
  16. papersoul

Maybe I should stick with my Mark V for the time being. I can't really make a move on a new amp till the spring time anyway, so this is more just research but since non of these amps are sold locally for me to try, all I can do is research. :( From some people I have known a long time and...
  17. papersoul

Got one.
  18. papersoul

Sorry, I missed that in your post. I did have a Triamp Mark II, but didn't like it, so I never considered the Mark III.
  19. papersoul

Thanks, but what amp company are you talking about? :)
  20. papersoul

For what amp?
  21. papersoul

I like that Leviathan but I don't know if it does lower gain crunch. Out of Italy like the Mazza Barba amps! How you like your Revv?
  22. papersoul

I just looked up Red Seven. Wow. Are they a new company that came out of nowhere? Looked at the Duality and Leviathan.
  23. papersoul

Red Seven???? Never heard of it! I'll research.
  24. papersoul

So I am liking the Mark V but I want to check out the Revv Gen 3, EVH Stealth 100, KSR amps, Engl Savage Mark II and a few more. Been playing a lot of older stuff like Van Halen, Rush, Alice in Chains, up to Slater and Slipknot. A variety. That Revv Generator Mark III really jumps out at me.
  25. papersoul

Great point. However I do play a lot of classic rock, VH, Rush, 90s hard rock, etc.
Top Bottom