• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. G

HX Reverbs Revisited

So, since FW 2.60 updated the reverbs, I decided to do a video revisiting them. Here it is: Also, here's the original video to compare the sound to...
  2. G

Helix Firmware 2.60 Run through and Reactions!

So this past week Line 6 released FW 2.60 for Helix. Here's my run through/reaction video of the new amp models and effects! I'll be doing a separate video revisiting the reverbs. Enjoy!
  3. G

Line6 Helix

In my video here: #48726 - I used the Interstate 2x12 and the stock mic that came with it. The only settings I changed on the cab were low/high cuts (120Hz and 6kHz). Didn't feel the need to change what was already selected!
  4. G

Line6 Helix

Hey guys - after learning that 2.50 had a Lone Star channel 2, I just had to put together this cover. It's a cover of John Petrucci's guitar solo to Repentance. The original solo was done with a Lone Star, so for me - it was a perfect test for this new amp model. I'm super please! Messing...
  5. G

Lightweight bass amp that can hang with a band...

@walterw - what's your opinion on the 100 watter? Not enough for a band? It's going to be used in a situation where the FOH will take the line out...
  6. G

Just did. Looks perfect! Thanks man.
  7. G

Basic rock and roll band, nothing crazy. Maybe "roots rock" is the best description.
  8. G

So, I'm looking for a good lightweight combo bass amp that can hang with a band. I'm a guitarist so my bass amp knowledge isn't extensive. The lighter the better, and I know that'll be tricky with a combo but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Obviously as the title of the thread...
  9. G

Line 6 Helix and Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 channel switching issue

Yep - people with newer units don't appear to have the issue. It seems between last summer and the new year L6 has been able to solve the issue - which is great. However, no announcement of the fix has been given, so I'd say very little people know about it. But its great to know that the LT...
  10. G

Mighty Morphin Helix Ranger...? (Guitar Cover Featuring Helix)

@FuzzFacetious - thanks for watching!
  11. G

Mighty Morphin Helix Ranger...? (Guitar Cover Featuring Helix)

Hey everyone. So I don't know how many fellow forum members grew up in the 90's. BUT, I decided to put together a Medley of killer tracks from the original (1993) series of Power Rangers. Everyone knows the Theme Song, but there are some killer riffs from the show! Plus you'll hear a random...
  12. G

New Tune featuring Helix (7 string riffage + Cali IV Lead + JST IRs)

I've got a new video up with features a new tune I wrote. I recently was asked to check out new IR packs from Joey Sturgis Tones. I put together a new Helix patch for this tune -- (as usual) I'm using the Cali IV Lead and tightening it up with a Scream 808. After the amp I'm using a...
  13. G

Line6 Helix

Hey everyone -- So I just posted a YouTube video demonstrating the "fix" I have been using so my Helix can switch channels on my Boogie V:25. I've had this fix for over a year, but it's taken me a very long time to shoot/put up this video. Oh procrastination... Here's the video: Here's the...
  14. G

Hey everyone! It only took me over a year to FINALLY do this video, but here's how I got my Helix to change channels on my Boogie V:25 using a Y-Splitter Cable. Here's the link to a Y-Splitter. It isn't the one in the video, however it'll work just as well for you:
  15. G

Hey - no official resolution from L6 -- however I just shot a video explaining my work around. Relatively easy. Should have it up on YouTube by Monday next week!
  16. G

Number of the Beast (Helix Edition)

Ok - demo video of the patch is up! A bit of gorilla video making for this demo...oh well. Gets the job done! The patch is available on my website for purchase: http://www.nickcutroneo.com/store
  17. G

Helix meets the 1960's?

Hey everyone -- so I completely forgot to post this video of myself and a few friends paying tribute to the 20th anniversary of the movie That Thing You Do. For this video instead of my normal Guitar Cover, I decided to do a Split-Screen style cover with all the instruments being played by real...
  18. G

Helix question: Which acoustic IR for a piezo TOM bridge?

I've been using the Taylor 314 CE IR's from here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/free-ir-files.1552290/ I use them with the Piezo on my EBMM Majesty -- sounds great!
  19. G

Yeah! Tell me about it. Gotta have some left hand "stamina".
  20. G

@Sunburst71 @Razor and @thomasjg -- thanks for watching! @benifin -- I know. But I've only got the Helix, so I've gotta "slum it". But seriously, if I could justify having an Axe-FX and a Kempler too, I'd get them. The form factor of Helix is what pushed me over the edge. All of these...
  21. G

The wonderful thing about tone is that it's subjective. I personally enjoy the tone I am able to get from my Wah setting on this (IE - the reason why I used it in the recording). With that said, the original isn't just the wah tone, but rather wah plus the flanger for the first solo.
  22. G

Yes - the Wah Tone isn't the same as on the original recording. This is probably a bit more "modern" Wah sounding...
  23. G

Agreed! Originally, everything would've been done with real instruments (save for the drums, which I wouldn't programmed) -- but with the holidays I had to get a backing track for this video.
  24. G

@Orm-D and @AtomicBlaze -- thanks for watching!
  25. G

I've posted a few videos demonstrating my usage of the Line 6 Helix -- recently I recorded a new one with a new patch that I created. Here's my friend @DanH8482 and I covering Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast. I was very pleased with the outcome of this patch and we both used it when...
Top Bottom