• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Search results

1. F

moving to a city and so considering a Kemper

I am very interested in the Kemper Profiler and l have been leaning toward the unpowered version and just using the return in an FX loop in one of my amps to get the power and using a guitar cab with it. I am moving to a small apartment in a city (after living in a rural setting with lots of...
  2. F

Evil Robot question--18 watt vs 18/30 watts?

I played through Trucks' Evil Robot (18 watt version) and loved it and am about to get one myself but I have a small time-sensitive dilemma: should I get the 18 watt version or the 18/30 watt version? I am wondering if anyone has compared the 18 watt version (2 6v6s) to the 30 watt version (4...
  3. F

Just Played New 8 Watt Reinhardt Mini-Me!!!

I am lucky enough to live near Bob Reinhardt and so I dropped by his new workshop/storefront twice this week and got to play several great amps: Sonoma (40 watt), the new LT-1, and the prototype for the very new 8 watt Mini-Me... I have played the Sonoma before and once again I really liked...
  4. F

NGD: crazy beautiful new Tone Nation LP style

greetings all, I have never posted in the guitar section before as I am generally more tempted by amps than guitars (as you can see from my somewhat crazed signature) but I just bought this incredible handmade guitar at Fat Sound and it is just incredible!!! I have the first production model...
  5. F

any Monza feedback yet?

anyone have or played a Dr Z Monza yet? how do you like it? how would you describe the tone? loved the clips I heard and just looking for more info and reactions...
  6. F

65 Amps Stone Pony vs. Lil Elvis???

anyone played both of these and want to comment on differences, likes, dislikes? I realize the power tubes are different and the Lil Elvis has the tremolo...and the bump feature is more fully realized on the Stone Pony...and both can have the master voltage feature... I did do a search and...
  7. F

Top Hat Comparison: 2008 Club Royale vs. Supreme 16????

anyone play both of these yet? I have read that the 2008 Club Royale is the most voxy version yet and just wondering how it compares to the Supreme 16 in terms of chime, overall tone, volume, etc.
  8. F

Twister Dust Devil vs. Goodsell Super 7????

Has anyone played both of these amps? They are priced similarly and they both sound great in clips...I realize they have different output tubes (EL34 on the Dust Devil) and EL84 on the Super 7) and maybe they are just apples and oranges...but I find myself very tempted by both of these...the...
  9. F

played a Viking Pillager and really liked it!

I was bringing an amp for repair to Eric at Viking Amps and I got a chance to play his great new amp the Pillager. I got to play the prototype for the Pillager last year and I really liked it then but it is now even cooler and I loved playing through it! It is powered by 2 5881s and I am not...
  10. F

New Reinhardt 18 in the house!!!

Wow...this amp is amazing and has exceeded my already very high expectations in almost every way imaginable. For those looking for great Marshally tones at reasonable volumes, this should definitely be high on your list: --amazing touch sensitivity. cleans up really nicely with the guitar...
  11. F

Ordered a Reinhardt 18 and can't wait to get it!!!

I'm lucky enough to live near Bob Reinhardt's workshop and he kindly let me visit a few times recently. I spent a few hours at his house playing the 18 and also the MI-6 (the 18 with 6v6s) and after much agonizing, I went with the original 18 with the El84s...amazing sounding amp and Bob is a...
  12. F

Soundclips of the Swart Space Tone Reverb now up!

just to let people know that swartamps.com has now put up a few nice clips of the newest Swart, the Space Tone Reverb, their 5 watter with a 12" speaker and tube reverb...there will be more to come.... are people still digging their STRs? JohnB, are you still liking it?? You gave such a useful...
  13. F

Kingsley Deluxe 32C in the house OMG!!!

wow...this is an amazing amp I am only beginning to explore...got it used from Bobbymack (thanks again, Bob!) and it has powerscaling as well as the really cool mod whereby you can blend to taste the 2 EL84s and 2 6V6s (and swapping for any other octal tubes without rebiasing!)...almost an...
  14. F

Gries 5 Even Better with NOS tubes!

had a preamp tube go bad in my Gries 5 and took the opportunity to get some NOS tubes from Mike at KCA...got the Marconi 6v6 and the Brimar 12ax7 and the amp now sounds even better than before...anyone else try some NOS tubes in their Gries 5? It makes an already great amp even better!
  15. F

New Fargen Mini-plex vs. Badger?

now that the new version of the mini-plex with power scaling has been out for a little while, I am curious if anyone has compared this to the Badger yet. they are both obviously located somewhere in the marshally soundworld but how close are they? Given that it has power scaling, why the need...
  16. F

Badger vs. '65 London vs. Top Hat Supreme 16

anyone compare these three? am also tempted by Dr. Z Stangray...have and love the Badger but wondering about these other two or three...which one would be least overlap with Badger? any advice? play a variety of rock and alt rock type stuff (and stumbling attempts at jazz), but love 60's beatle...
  17. F

anyone out there own both the Swart AST and the little 5 watter?

I have the AST and I love it but I find that it is quite loud for the distorted tones around the house. I have been using a Dr. Z Airbrake to take the edge off and it is pretty good but I find myself wondering if I could justify having the smallest Swart as a little distortion machine and the...
  18. F

Gibson GA 5 love out there?

I have been a little tempted by various used Gibson GA 5 out on ebay and on the emporium here...the reviews on harmony-central are quite mixed with some saying there is a lot of hum and the clean tone is not great...most agree it sounds great cranked...is it a one-trick pony? how is the clean...
  19. F

Carr Mercury vs. Swart Space Tone or Atomic Space Tone--any advice?

I am seriously thinking about getting a Swart Space Tone or a Carr Mercury...I play a range from jazz (want a nice clean tone a la Joe Pass, Tal Farlow, Jimmy Raney, Mark Elf, Jim Hall, etc.) to modern punky rock (Sonic Youth, Replacements, Foo Fighters, etc)...I have a Savage Macht 6 that I...

Trending Topics