• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Search results

1. T

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

GY!BE is doing a fairly short tour in October and I just got a ticket for one of two shows they're playing in Austin. These guys are, by far, my favorite post rock band and I've been wanting to see them live for some time now. For those of you that have seen them live before, what's it like...
  2. T

Spin's 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time

http://www.spin.com/articles/spins-100-greatest-guitarists-all-time?page=0 Can't wait to see what people here think of this. I'll say this though, this is far better and more interesting than any list (especially that tepid guitarist list) Rolling Stone has ever made. Also, any list that...
  3. T

New free Melvins EP

I know there are a lot of Melvins fans here so I thought this warranted its own thread. Scion AV is putting this out which is why it's completely free. As good as anything they've done with the Big Business guys if you ask me. Hopefully they'll be playing some of this when they're touring with...
  4. T

Black Face

I'm surprised nobody's made a thread about this yet. Basically, it's Eugene Robinson from Oxbow and Chuck Dukowski from Black Flag plus two other guys playing My War-era Black Flag songs that never made it to an album. There's a 7" coming out today that should be excellent. No actual songs to...
  5. T

New Opeth song

http://stereogum.com/766792/opeth-the-devils-orchard-stereogum-premiere/franchises/haunting-the-chapel/ For those of you who aren't a fan of Mikael's gutteral vocals this track, and all of Heritage for that matter, should delight you. It's like Damnation in that there are no death metal type...
  6. T

Left Hand Path

Let's talk about Entombed for a bit here. IMO, Left Hand Path is the greatest album to come out of the Swedish death metal scene with one of the best death metal songs ever. I know the trio of At The Gates, In Flames, and Dark Tranquillity were more popular at the time and probably still are...
  7. T

We're halfway through 2011, what are your favorite albums so far?

Title basically says it all. At the halfway point what's topping your list? In no real order my favorites so far are: Tombs- Path of Totality ****ed Up- David Comes to Life Grayceon- All We Destroy Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues Loss- Despond Northless- Clandestine Abuse Autopsy- Macabre...
  8. T

Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues

The whole thing is streaming over at NPR until next Tuesday when it officially comes out. http://www.npr.org/2011/04/25/135550848/first-listen-fleet-foxes-helplessness-blues This all IMO of course, but it's much better than their debut full length and I think that's an amazing album in its...
  9. T

Swans

The 90s thread made me want to see if anyone else here likes Swans. They are absolutely one of the heaviest bands that has ever existed. At their peak I don't think anything came close to the absolutely destructive power of Swans. IMO, Michael Gira is probably one of the most genius musicians...
  10. T

9 Years- RIP Chuck Schuldiner

Nine years since Chuck passed, it's a sad day for me. It doesn't seem right that such a kind, talented guy like him had to die way before his time. He was a true visionary in the death metal scene and we need more guys like him. At any rate, RIP Chuck. I'll be blasting some Death and Control...
  11. T

Sigur Rós

I've seen their name mentioned but I've never actually listened to them before, until last night. I listened. And listened. And kept on listening. Before I knew it it was 1:00 and I had listened to three of their albums. Just beautiful music, I can't understand a word but I know exactly what...
  12. T

A new metal band even TGP will enjoy- Ghost

These guys are kind of like the NWOBHM throwback bands that've popped up lately (3 Inches of Blood and the like) except they're totally different. Instead of drawing from the more traditional Iron Maiden/Judas Priest catalogs Ghost tends to be heavier on the Angel Witch/Mercyful Fate/Witchfynde...
  13. T

The best metal band you've never heard of-Melvins appreciation.

Anyone else here a fan of this amazing metal band? I could go on for days about why I love the Melvins: Buzzo's sense of humor, the lyrics, the songs, the influence but I prefer to let the music speak for itself. zOn7Ind9MHU tSCnKAvA30o aKPUWWQWgRI&feature=related Okay, I have to talk...
  14. T

Death metal fans!

You know who you are, hell I probably know who you are. Let's talk about this awesome genre. Lately, I've been on a huge Swede-death kick. I like the American stuff (and I'll always think Chuck is one of the all time great metal vocalists) but I love the melody that bands like At The Gates, Dark...
  15. T

Weird discovery tonight: Coroner and Megadeth

I know about 90% of the people here either won't care or have never heard of Coroner. For those of you who have, keep reading. I just found Coroner a few days ago and was listen to their song Masked Jackal tonight. The second it started, I knew I'd heard the riff before. After me being pissed...
  16. T

What do I need for a good record player setup?

I'm really wanting to get a record player setup, but I'm totally lost as to what's good, what isn't, and what I need. Just FYI, I'd like to keep it right at $200, not exactly looking to break the bank with audiophile stuff, yet.
  17. T

Drive-By Truckers Fans

First off, anyone looking forward to The Big To-Do? Brighter was a bit of a disappointment, IMO at least. There were some really strong songs on it, but there was a lot of filler too. Just based off the three songs that've been released so far, The Big To-Do seems like it's going to be a much...
  18. T

Your favorite Wilco album?

I love talking about Wilco and I was wondering what you guys really prefer in their catalog. For me, I'd have to pick Summerteeth. IMO, they've never made a bad, or even a mediocre, album, but Summerteeth is just slightly better than the rest of their catalog. I'm a little suprised by that...
  19. T

The Mars Volta

I bought The Bedlam In Goliath earlier today. All I can say is wow! I wouldn't think latin-jazz-funk-prog-metal would sound too good, but I'll be damned if it doesn't. Any other fans here?
  20. T

I love J. Mascis' tone.

This is sort of a hybrid Mascis love thread/how do I get his sound. First off, I love J. Mascis' tone, it's one of the few "perfect" tones, IMO. How do I get that sound without using a Major, Super Bass, and Super PA? A 2061X+ Big Muff, what? I'll never play in a huge stadium and I'll probably...
  21. T

Is anyone else watching the Arlen Roth/Gibson demos?

Pretty cool, IMO. His lessons on slide are especially insightful, to me at least. http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Lessons/Lesson-Of-The-Day/introduction-to-slide-guitar/ http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Lessons/Lesson-Of-The-Day/duane-allman-slide-guitar/
  22. T

Lovepedal Plexi 800, buy it or no?

It looks as if Lovepedal is going to reissue the Plexi 800, but in a black enclosure. I wanted to buy one of the original ones, but foolishly thought that they'd be sticking around for awhile. (Guess I didn't know Sean's game well enough at that time.) Anyways, as of right now I'm looking for a...
  23. T

Three new '09 models on PRS' site.

First off is the new Al Di Meola Prism model. It has the same 5708 pickups as the new MEII and a beautiful, IMO, rainbow burst finish. Next is my personal favroite the new MEII. This one has a gloss nitro finish instead of the matte finish on the old ME. It also has the 5708 pickups and...
  24. T

What is the best P&W amp around 2k?

I'm looking for a good P&W amp around 2k, but prefferably below. I'm going to be doing material along the lines of Switchfoot or Relient K, so I was thinking of something Voxy with a good OD. I'd prefer to keep it around 15 watts and it's pretty much got to be in combo form. Thanks, Ben
  25. T

Best Pickups For My PRS Standard 24.

Alright, I'm going to ask this once more. I'm okay with the stock HFS/VB combo, but I want to be more than okay, way more. I have a few problems with the set. One is the HFS, Big Mike has said it best by calling it that "broiled ass" tone. I have no idea what broiled ass sounds like, but if it...

Trending Topics