• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Search results

1. J

PRS those dang birds got loose.

i'm a prs fan, but in the past few years i have seen some private stock guitars that are extremely ugly. they kind of remind me of someone letting their 4 year old child decorate their home.
  2. J

Tom Anderson Vintage Trem, what exactly it is?

iirc, it is a 2 1/16 string spacing like the old trem they used to use.
  3. J

PRS McCarty Goldtop, old Birds P-90s and Tremolo ?

you still have this guitar?
  4. J

Reverb alternatives?

i got on gbase last week, and boy has it gotten stale. i remember when i visited it pretty regularly, it seemed much better.
  5. J

To the "tone is in the fingers" people: stop responding to gear related questions please.

just my opinion, but after playing for years & years, players tend to adjust gear until it sounds like the tone they want to hear. at least that's how it is for me. i do think there are better versions of me though!
  6. J

Examples of Great Clean Tone from Humbuckers?

look up shawn tubbs on youtube. he gets what i feel are great cleans with a slightly gritty amp, and just playing dynamics.
  7. J

Do you have "your own tone"?

i pretty much sound like me through any rig. about 20 years ago, i was working at chemical plant. i came in 1st thing in the morning, and the night shift had an area country station going in the background. as i was making relief with the other guy working the area i was, i could barely hear...
  8. J

After not being a goldtop fan...after getting one...I've seen the light!

total goldtop fanatic here!! i'm also a prs player, so take that as you want :D
  9. J

Discovered I HATE tall-skinny frets!

i've got 1 neck with 6105's and it definitely can hurt my fingers. to me, 6150 or 6100' are like driving over speed bumps where 6105's are like driving over curbs.
  10. J

Steve Vai Weighs in on Modelling

i watched this other morning...i'm still waiting for the interview. that was an infomercial on vai branded products.
  11. J

Elliot Easton Kramer

sorry to bump a 7 year old thread, but i've always been interested in these. were the bodies downsized like the dinky shape, or were they std strat size? they look like the horns are pointier, but not thinned like the andersons & suhrs.
  12. J

Any love for the PRS DGT with a wrap tail bridge?

although i've never owned a dgt hardtail, i did own mccartys with and without a trem. the wraptail had more mids to it. i preferred the trem models, they were just more of what i was looking for. a little more zing and clarity. these were with the stock mccarty pickups. those were pretty...
  13. J

So this is where we are...with "FRFR".

i'm not gigging anymore, but when i did, i was using a helix & alto110. when i started down the modeller direct route, i first purchased a zoom g3, and got a carvin powered 110 monitor from a friend. i was really unsure about it until someone posted a video on fb from a gig. i listened to it...
  14. J

Chapman of Chapman Guitars - what is the issue?

youtube must've changed up their payment policies in the past couple of months. the "social media influencers" (1st heard the term a couple of weeks ago and hate it!!) are taking shots at one another not just in the gtar community, but i've seen it in the yt fishing community. like anything...
  15. J

What guitar feels like 'home' to you?

prs with a trem, old wide-fat neck profile with standard fretwire, and preferably mccarty thickness body. i've tried to get away from these guitars many times, but always come back to them. the mccarty trems are kinda hard to find anymore. luckily, the last time i was looking i ran up on a 2000...
  16. J

Xotic guitars? Are they partscasters?

i work in a machine shop, and we have some great machinists and we have button pushers. i wouldn't automatically assume cutting bodies & necks in house will make a guitar better. that being said, i don't really buy into the "master builder strat" either. if i can buy finished parts for x amout...
  17. J

Helix (or other modeler) and Blues

i play mostly blues or blues-based stuff, and have been very happy with the helix for a couple of years now. i don't really buy into the whole internet theory on what gear you have to use to be authentic though. in fact, i kinda like using gear that is very non traditional, playing traditional music
  18. J

Helix Deluxe Cabs?

i've recently been on an albert collins kick, and wanted to mess with a similar tone. i'm using the deluxe normal model, hiwatt 4x12 cab with the low cut around 75/hi cut down to 10, amp gain at 6.5, low 2-2.5, mid & hi at 7, pres at 0. i'm sure the 1x12 deluxe cab is a lot closer to an actual...
  19. J

Beware of MJT/Musikraft customer service!!!

an update to my post. the options i have are order another body, or take 1 they have in a different wood. i chose that since the body that supposedly was ordered twice was wrong both times. i'm sure they probably aren't happy with me at this point, but i paid full in advance. i was raised in a...
  20. J

Beware of MJT/Musikraft customer service!!!

i just found this thread searching google, dont know how i missed it. i ordered a body from mjt at the end of feb, and specified what weight, wood choice, and pickup route i wanted. after a couple of weeks i was informed they ordered the wrong route on the body, and had to reorder. no problem i...
  21. J

Might pass on the AxeFX III

if you're really happy with what you've got now all a new purchase is gonna do is put a gtar in your hands more learning & tweaking the new gear. i really dont chase gtar gear the way i did pre-helix.....the flipside is i purchase way too much fishing gear :banana
  22. J

Warmoth Painted Bodies VS MJT?

i have a few different s type bodies ive used over the years from different companies, and all seem to be pretty decent. the 1 thing with warmoth is the upper horn is a tad bit different than strats. if that doesnt bug u, u'll be good
  23. J

Do we constantly spend money on gear and guitars because we are not a good guitar player?

i'm pretty sure i buy as much gtar & fishing gear as i do because it's about the only thing life i have control of. i get exactly what i want (within reason) when i want. the rest of my life hasn't ever been that easy!!
  24. J

fralin big single in a h/s/s?

anyone tried a big single in a h/s/s? in theory it is exactly what i'm looking for, but without ever playing a guitar with that pickup i'm not sure.

Trending Topics