• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Search results

1. OOG

Are bands a dying breed?

:rimshot
  2. OOG

Aging, hearing, hands, scale length

65 and went from being a total Gibson (335) guy to a strat in the 80s Now it's everything Probably helps that I play acoustic and mandolin as much or more than electric My problem is, besides slowing down, which is good for me My damn fingertips hurt like a beginner Getting old is...
  3. OOG

PedalTrain Volto

The hiss depends on the amp Through a Gemini II it was bad Same board through a Deluxe had no hiss
  4. OOG

Another weirdo mandolin tuning question...

Bouzouki strings maybe? I'm having a real hard time not giving you **** about the tuning thing I knew Tommy fairly well and had a false start on the mandolin because of his influence 7 or 8 years ago I started playing in standard tuning and actually became a mandolin player Maybe it's...
  5. OOG

Peter Green Joni Mitchell

Reminds me of that picture of a slaked jawed EC watching her play on Cass's lawn while Crosby smirks in the background The Brit blues gods really got Joni
  6. OOG

Best (cheapish) handheld/small recorder?

I had one of those for years Got a record deal with a cassette made with it Great recorder!
  7. OOG

Lollar P90 in Jazzmaster

Have one in my MIJ J Mascis It's the Lollar P90 made to drop in a jazzmaster Not thin and not harsh Sounds like a bolder jazz master with a bit more mids I really like it
  8. OOG

Bill Frisell: Guitar In the Space Age

Full circle for me First saw Charles at the Newport Pop Festival in Costa Mesa when I was 17 with Keith Jarrett and Jack Dejohnette Huge impression for me also We had front row seats with Greg & Bill right in front of us at one of my all time favorite venues, the Lobero Theatre
  9. OOG

Great songs with less-than-great lyrics

"Some stupid with a flair gun"
  10. OOG

Bill Frisell: Guitar In the Space Age

Saw him with Greg and Charles Lloyd Tues night in Santa Barbara Last song was "I'm so lonesome I could cry" kicked of by Chales on the sax Sublime indeed
  11. OOG

1x10 vs 1x12

Tone Tubby ceramic is really good for this
  12. OOG

Strings For Gibson L5-CES

Thomastik bebop 12s The 11s will feel more like 10s but don't sound near as fat as the 12s
  13. OOG

Need humbuckers for Tele

Been playing a Supertron neck in an old pine Tele with a Ellis 50s/60s in the bridge for 3 or 4 years now Does just what you're asking
  14. OOG

Yoga

Every day, at home, at least 20 to 45 minutes Sometimes twice
  15. OOG

Mythical Overdrive vs Rocket Archer

I've played both and used to own a gold horsey Klon I much prefer the Mythical to the Archer It's the only clone I've played that really reminded me of the Klon
  16. OOG

Can a pickup change save my relationship with my Jazzmaster?

My purple J Mascis is set up just like that with a Lollar Jazzmaster P90
  17. OOG

Need a great non--permanent pickup (Lowden, D18)

Agreed and what I use if not a microphone
  18. OOG

How genre affects a muscian's life expectancy

ya but they all packed a bunch more life than most in that 70ish years
  19. OOG

RIP John Renbourn, a Knight of Grace

He was a huge influence on me as was Bert Hope they're both in a better place
  20. OOG

Vintage Gear -- Placebo or does it really sound better?

Great examples owned both since they were new I have owned a freakin' tone of other really nice delays They're all gone the DD-2 and DM-2 are still on my main board
  21. OOG

Higher Wattage Pro Junior?

Unleash it
  22. OOG

Boss FV-30H

Wow! That was enlightening Thanks
  23. OOG

Musikraft "Thin D" profile-- who's using it?

No, it doesn't have the flat back thing more of a gentle curve without defined shoulders From what you've written, I think you'd be happier with the thin D Those are more like the Jackson/Ibanez shredder necks Reminds me of the soloist and dinky strats from '84/'85 Grover Jackson was...

Trending Topics