• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Search results

1. thegame

Tremol-No tonal question

What do you mean by "sound of the unit?". It changed your guitar's tone or was generating some errant sound or noise?
  2. thegame

Tremol-No tonal question

Disclaimer: Yes I researched this topic, with inconclusive results. My inquiry is a fair bit more specific than previous questions on this topic... So I have this unit in one guitar that the previous owner installed. Guitar sounds great with no tuning issues. I leave the Tremol-No set up in...
  3. thegame

I'm planning on taking the jump, and putting the down payment on a Larry Grohmann build.

To provide the eye in this hurricane, here's a good sounding Larry clip: I think its a Larry modded Marshall with mostly Marshall parts remaining inside.
  4. thegame

I'm planning on taking the jump, and putting the down payment on a Larry Grohmann build.

This thread contains characters that remind me of the classic Clint Eastwood movie, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.... Why are people questioning if the OP will like this amp ? He's played one extensively and has bonded with it. There is no risk of disappointment, at least on that point. Why...
  5. thegame

Larry amps: your thoughts + Fortin plagiarized Larry?

Enough to keep building for almost 30 years now.
  6. thegame

Larry amps: your thoughts + Fortin plagiarized Larry?

Though I can hardly endorse the wait times and periods of non-communication, a Dino 939 takes about 80-100 hrs to build.
  7. thegame

Larry Amplification

I agree with you. The Dino's gain potential is very high but sounds nothing like a 5150, 5153, ENGL, or Ubershcall kind of almost square wave, boost pedal stuck on 10 type of voicing. Its really hard to quantify how so much gain can still sound so organic and sweet.
  8. thegame

Larry Amplification

Speaking for myself, the Dino IS the tone that's been swimming in my head for the past 30 years. Tight, focused, compact distortion with many harmonic layers to the gain which explodes off the pick. It's not as huge or deep sounding as many of today's modern high gainers but the level of...
  9. thegame

Larry Amplification

Perhaps over 25 years of experience building production model amplifiers that have stood the test of time ?
  10. thegame

Larry Amplification

I just saw this thread now. The flagship DINO 962 is incredibly expensive but not nearly $15K USD. Converted from EUR, it'd be about $8500 USD, fully loaded w/NOS tubes throughout. Or about $7100 USD in its most basic iteration with current production tubes. I've owned 4 Wizards in the past...
  11. thegame

Why does it appear that the bands/artists that use AXEfx/Kemper...

I was watching some country music awards show (CMAs ?) on TV 2 or 3 years ago. Several acts played live and they ALL had these massive backline rigs consisting of roadcase mounted amps, cabs and combos. I spotted mics on cabs so it wasn't all for show. I also didn't spot a single Kemper...
  12. thegame

Covering up or painting over inlays

So, I have this custom one off guitar of which I'm the second owner. Great guitar in every way. However the original owner had some custom inlay work (in abalone) done on its ebony fingerboard. They are on the small side and not that obtrusive but are of a religious nature and I'm not...
  13. thegame

speaker reconing question (to achieve a different tone, not repair)

Yes, 444 = 55 hz & 1777 = 75 hz. 014 = 55 hz & 003 = 75 hz BUT, that is not to say 444 = 014 & 1777 = 003. They are all different from one another. They're from different eras and as such different materials (pulp formulation) have surely been used through the decades, despite some...
  14. thegame

Cool. The negative adjectives I used to describe the speaker in question was of the 1777 Rola Celestion, not the C90. Regardless, I have swapped and A/B'd all of them ad nauseum in the same cabinet and the printing on the cone of the C90 is indeed 1777. Anyway it looks like I will not be...
  15. thegame

Based on all these responses I will probably leave them alone. The Mesa C 90 uses the 1777 cone and while it sounds better (thicker, warmer) than the 1777 Rola Celestion G12 80, the midrange voicing is still far, far away from the 444 version.
  16. thegame

The 444 G12 80s have a very pronounced, fat midrange that barks aggressively. The 1777 ones are very scooped in comparison, low end is not as tight and its highs are overly glassy and bright.
  17. thegame

Is it possible, when reconing speakers to replace ONLY the cone itself and keep all other parts original ? I ask because I'm debating having two original Celestion Rola G1280s with 1777 cones to be reconed using 444 cones, which are the superior sounding pair. All 4 of these (1777 pair & 444...
  18. thegame

4 ohms wears tubes faster ?

Assuming one is running a 4 ohm load (either a single 4 ohm cab, two 8 ohm cabs, or even four 16 ohm cabs paralleled down to 4) and the amp is set accordingly to 4 ohms, does this place more stress on the tubes and wear them faster than matched 8 or 16 ohm setups ? If so, could one then assume...
  19. thegame

Sold Strymon Zuma with Mounting Brackets

Please respond to your PMs and conversions. I'm ready to buy this. Thanks.
  20. thegame

Sold Custom built EXPLORER project guitar - sold locally

Sold locally, not here. Thanks for the positive comments.
  21. thegame

Nut width = 1 11/16" Neck size/profile = specs were cloned from a 1992 Gibson Explorer I used to own. Current Gibson literature says the Explorer neck dimensions are a hybrid of 50's rounded & 60's slim taper profiles, but this one (& the 92 Explorer) are definitely closer to the 60's slim taper.
  22. thegame

I'm calling this a project guitar simply because the buyer can use their own pickups & pots of their choice. Everything else is included & the control cavity has the pertinent ground & jack wires ready to go for pickup installation (jack has 3 prongs in case active pickups are used). Mahogany...
  23. thegame

Gjika Shawn Lane amp is back!

Sick and beautiful at the same time.
  24. thegame

FS : Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups set

Sold ! Thank you ! Thread closed.

Trending Topics