• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Search results

1. Glitch Magnet

Vox AC4C1-12 - speaker change?

Yes! I have an AC4C1-12. It will accommodate a Celestion Alnico Blue, which does provide a more authentic Vox tone and chime. Even better, go with the WGS Black & Blue. I've tried both in my AC4, and the WGS is warmer and less ice-picky. The WGS has all of the magic of the Celestion with less...
  2. Glitch Magnet

Who is your current favorite drummer?

Jørgen Smådal Larsen of defunct Norwegian indie band, Lukestar.
  3. Glitch Magnet

Tastiest Guitar Solos Ever Recorded

@ 2:38 Edit: sorry, this track was posted earlier, although this version has better fidelity.
  4. Glitch Magnet

What volume pedal are you using?

Highlarious! I actually love the Lehle's styling, but then I haven't been subjected to your grandpappy's insole.
  5. Glitch Magnet

What volume pedal are you using?

I use a GD60 Wah-Volume-Switch. Had to tweak the optics and trim pot inside to get the sweep just right. Very happy with it. Completely transparent and quiet. The inductorless wah isn't half bad either, though a bit tame. My first volume pedal I built myself, around 1980, out of wood using a...
  6. Glitch Magnet

Flower Pedals - Hosta (auto-wah filter)

Their Dandelion tremolo is outstanding. After years considering all the available replacements for my trusty VooDoo Lab, I finally jumped on the Dandelion for its vast feature set. The clincher was the continuously variable waveform knob. Very few pedals offer this. Only trems that I know of...
  7. Glitch Magnet

My GF wants a high quality tambourine

I know. You're right.
  8. Glitch Magnet

My GF wants a high quality tambourine

That's just castration. Unless you deck it.
  9. Glitch Magnet

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

Cloudbusting is exceptional, and carries extra weight for me. Several years ago when I had a gigging band, we went to see one of our fans perform at a tiny club in NYC not knowing what to expect. She sang and had a couple string players among other instruments, and out of nowhere performed...
  10. Glitch Magnet

Let's talk US Masters guitars.

Just came across this old thread. I feel like I grew up at Regenberg Music. Dave and Dick were super nurturing to a kid like me with limited funds. Sold me my first pedal when the Boss Compact Series first came out, s/n 0100 PH-1. I bought one of their first USM guitars, an SSS Legrande...
  11. Glitch Magnet

What guitar gear you were playing in a year 2000

Tobias Toby Pro 5 into an SWR Studio 220 and 4x10 cab. Wasn't actively playing guitar, but had a US Masters S-type and Seymour Duncan Convertible.
  12. Glitch Magnet

Replacement Tube Suggestions

For new production tubes, my favorites are Tung Sol EL84, Svetlana 12AX7, and Sovtek 12AX7LPS. I haven't liked any of the JJs, but I'm interested to try the new JJ E83CC. As far as the squeal, I agree, if it's a failing tube, it's probably one of the 12AX7 preamp tubes.
  13. Glitch Magnet

Favorite "unconventional" use for a pedal?

Emerald Green Distortion Machine with bass as an SVT emulator. Full Drive 2 comp-cut zero gain to de-mud and sparklefy neck humbuckers.
  14. Glitch Magnet

The more expensive the pedal the brighter the led. Please stop it!

Appropriate since googly eyes is what you get from looking at a bright LED.o_O
  15. Glitch Magnet

That right there is some useful info! Thanks Peter.
  16. Glitch Magnet

Pedals with Lots of Fun LEDs...LOTS!!!

In terms of really useful lightshows, the Empress Compressor has the best metering ever found on a comp pedal.
  17. Glitch Magnet

Hilton Pro Guitar Pedal Owners - Question:

I think this is just confusion over terminology. DC power plugs don't have a tip like a 1/4" phone plug does, but some refer to the center as the "tip". The outside would be the sleeve. So center=negative and tip=negative mean the same thing.
  18. Glitch Magnet

So are there any good DISTORTION pedals out there?

I've been very happy with this guy.
  19. Glitch Magnet

Serious-ish, with a bit of hyperbole. Can't find the research I'd read previously. Search "blue LED eye damage" and all you get is stuff about blue light from general LED lighting. It's all somewhat controversial. I may have gone overboard with my statements. Whether there's a genuine danger, I...
  20. Glitch Magnet

Is using a power conditioner as a master power switch harmful to gear?

From all my ranting, you'd think I'd have brand/model suggestions to offer. But I don't. I'm kind of out of it these days. I've always trusted Tripplite as a brand. They've been around forever and should know their stuff. Actually wish they'd offer more products tailored for musicians and home...
  21. Glitch Magnet

Okay, here's what really peeves me. It's one thing to use bright LEDs. But why directional ones?!!! You'd normally want to see it clearly at maybe 45 degrees off axis. You don't want it 10 times brighter on axis! You need to be able to see the controls when you lean down, but you're blinded...
  22. Glitch Magnet

As a novice fan of science, it would be interesting to gather some evidence of both risk and user preference. Risk requires pulling together established research on the matter. What proof is there that an LED of given color and intensity is harmful, and then how is specifically harmful in our...
  23. Glitch Magnet

It's probably about time the lux, nits, and color temp become part of the published specs.

Trending Topics