• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Search results

1. tostyj

IR for cabinet thump

Not sure if I have this post in the right section. Was looking for advice on what specific IRs to get that have “cabinet thump” for overdriven tones. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. tostyj

Two Notes Torpedo Captor clipping---help!

I just got a Two Notes Torpedo Captor for Christmas. Psyched. But I cannot get a good sound using the bridge pup on my Danocaster Singlecut (Tele). Using the 8 ohm out of my Morgan into Apogee Duet and running Logic Pro X. It's digital clipping hell. But no matter what I adjust on my interface...
  3. tostyj

Little Simz: can she really play?

A student of mine just picked the song "Poison Ivy" by Little Simz. I used YouTube to listen to the song so I could transcribe it for her. At first I was so excited to see a young, female artist incorporating guitar into hip hop (actually I still am psyched about that). The problem arose as I...
  4. tostyj

Sold Neunaber Mono Echo

Totally mint Neunaber Mono Echo. Took this in a trade but don't really need it. Simple and really awesome sounding delay. Sits perfectly in the mix. A steal at this price. *SOLD* Also on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/5698334-neunaber-audio-effects-echelon-mono-echo-2014
  5. tostyj

What type of straight plugs for switcher?

I am about to purchase a Voodoo Lab Dingbat pedalboard with the PX8 Plus switcher built in. I am using Evidence Reveal cables and I'm wondering what kind of straight plugs people recommend for the ends that plug into the PX8. I already have pancake plugs for the ends that go in the pedals.
  6. tostyj

Sold James Tyler Classic

As listed on Reverb https://reverb.com/item/5132064-james-tyler-classic-2012-fiesta-red 2012 James Tyler Classic. Fiesta Red Nitro finish. Alder Body, 7.4lbs. Quartersawn maple neck and fretboard. Standard '59 neck. Rocketfire Total 60's single coil pickups with custom vintage style wire...
  7. tostyj

Sold James Tyler Classic SSH loaded pickguard

***SOLD***One ply white pickguard SSH pickguard for a James Tyler Classic. Loaded with 2 JTS5500's and a chrome covered Super humbucker. Original electronics. $175 shipped. I also have an unloaded mint green 3 ply unloaded SSH Tyler Classic guard available.
  8. tostyj

Voxy tone (so many pedals to choose from!) - Video link included

I've been using the British 60's setting on the little Fender Mustang 1 practice amps I use for lessons and have been able to get some pretty cool tones from it. I been getting more and more into hybrid/chicken picking and Vox type tones obviously work great for that stuff. Here's an example the...
  9. tostyj

Morgan SW100R Reverb on/off switch?

Anyone know if this will work as an on/off switch for the reverb on my Morgan SW100R head? Thanks and sorry if this is a dumb question...just wanted to be sure. http://hosatech.com/product/fsc-384/
  10. tostyj

Rothwell Love Squeeze

If this has been addressed, please give me a heads up. I recently picked up a Rothwell Love Squeeze. It is often touted as being super quiet and transparent. Is it quiet?: Yes...amazingly so. Even with the compression knob cranked. It's got a great feel too, very natural. Is it transparent...
  11. tostyj

scooped rhythm funk tone - what pedal?

I use a Morgan SW100R w/ a couple Tylers and an LP. The Morgan has a huge full frequency clean tone. However, I would like to cut the mids and accentuate the treble when I'm comping for funk, reggae, soul, etc. I would like to do this with a pedal (not the amps eq) and I'd like the tone to...
  12. tostyj

James Tyler Classic truss rod nut replacement

I recently stripped the truss rod nut on my '12 Tyler Classic. Anyone know what the part # or specifications are for a replacement nut? It's a hex style, not a slotted. Thanks!
  13. tostyj

Morgan SW50R vs. SW100R

Not sure how interesting of a post this will be, but figured I'd just do a public service announcement in case anyone is trying to make a decision about this. I finally had some time to do what I thought would be an accurate side by side comparison of a SW50R and a SW100R. I played them through...
  14. tostyj

Red vs. Black Rockett Animal OD pedals

Anyone know what the, if any, difference there is between the red and black Rockett Animal pedals?.....besides the color of course. Thanks!
  15. tostyj

Luminlays

I have a really hard time seeing the abalone side markers on my Tyler when I'm on a dark stage. Came across these phosphorescent inlays called Luminlays http://www.luminlay.com/indexen.html. Anyone try these yet? If so, how'd you like them?
  16. tostyj

Sanding a nitro finished LP neck

I have a '92 Les Paul Classic and the finish on the neck is wearing away down to the wood from 20 years of playing it. I'm pretty sure the finish is nitro. My issue is that I have a headstock/neck repair and the stuff he refinished it (I think he also used nitro) is also wearing off. The...
  17. tostyj

The difference between tuners

I recently did a recording session with a producer that swears by Korg tuners and hates Boss/Roland tuners. Between every couple takes he had us tune up using a Korg. I, on the other hand, am accustomed to Boss tuners. I owned a Korg when I first started playing guitar, but have owned nothing...
  18. tostyj

Les Paul Tribute Rosewood/Baked Maple clarification request

I'm thinking of picking up a Les Paul Tribute. One of my students has one and I really like it. I'd probably like to go with a 60's Tribute since that's the neck on my old Classic. So my question is: It seems that some have a rosewood board, while others have baked maple. Are there different...
  19. tostyj

500k vs. 250k single coils?

I would like to put a single coil in the bridge position of one of my Tyler SEHD's; it currently has a humbucker there. The existing single coils are Tyler JTV's which I've been told are the equivalent of his current JTS 2500's. When I switch to a single in the bridge I would also like to go...
  20. tostyj

Two Rock Onyx effects loop problem?

I always use the effects loop in my Onyx at gigs and usually at home. Yesterday I decided to disconnect my cords from the effects loop. Turn the amp off standby and I'm barely getting any sound out of the amp. Plug the cords back in the loop...it's fine. Anyone have a clue as to what could be...
  21. tostyj

SED Winged C's in my Two Rock

Just thought I'd share this for anyone looking for tube info on Two Rocks. When I bought my Two Rock Onyx it had JJ 6L6GC's in it. The amp always seemed a bit dark with them in it. I tried some Sovtek 5881WXT's in it that I had as back up tubes. Not as dark, but not very rich. I had tried NOS...
  22. tostyj

can't hear myself

At a gig right now. Just started gigging again after a few years off. I'm have a new amp: Two Rock w/ a 2x12. No monitors at gig and I can't angle my cab up and have no monitors. Solutions?...besides turning up too loud.
  23. tostyj

Avatar traditional 2x12 vs. more expensive cabs

Is there really that much of a sound difference between an open-back Avatar 2x12 cab and something more expensive like a Two Rock 2x12? Assuming they have the same speakers installed, of course. Not asking if the difference is worth extra $, how much better, etc. (subjective). Just curious if...
  24. tostyj

Reverend Drivetrain II into Two Rock Onyx

Quick clip of the Reverend Drivetrain II into my Two Rock Onyx clean channel recorded on my Blackberry. Playing my alder/rw Tyler. Going into a 1x12 Vox cab with a Greenback. I know, I know: Why the f**k am I using a od pedal in front of this amp?!?! I just use it as a lighter od than what...
  25. tostyj

Celestion g12-65 and Scumback M75-LHDC together?

I am currently running a 2x12 with Celestion G12-65's for my Two Rock Onyx. I was wondering if anyone has tried one 1265 and a Scumback m75-lhdc together in a 2x12? Just wondering if it's worth trying or if the difference would be negligible.

Trending Topics