• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Search results

1. zestystrat

FS 1993 Hamer Special P90 "SOLD"

Thank you, please post when you get a chance to weigh
  2. zestystrat

FS 1993 Hamer Special P90 "SOLD"

Cool guitar! Whats the weight on that bad boy?
  3. zestystrat

Trey Anastasio Rig Summer 2021

@cosmicevan you wouldn't happen to play bass and used to play with Barry & Rob (me) in NYC many years ago?
  4. zestystrat

Totally agree with this movement. I try to live by a one-trip-from-the-car-to-the-stage philosophy. That def means wheels.
  5. zestystrat

I mean, most of it is on wheels ;-)
  6. zestystrat

FoxRox CC Hybrid.....awesome fuzz

Bumping up this thread. My original order never shipped but I reordered and just got a v2. Def agree on the instant gratification. It was really easy to dial in that sweet spot with a 50's style LsL Saticoy > CCH2 > 70's Vibro Champ. Very warm and had amazing clarity when dialed in that way. I...
  7. zestystrat

Eric Clapton's Latest Rig Rundown by John Bollinger

Well, that and having Dumble make and tweak them…
  8. zestystrat

Yikes! That web preview…. I can PM a screen shot if anyone wants it.
  9. zestystrat

On the RR, I would have liked to seen DB2’s gear as well. Im sure they did one for him, ill have to go find it. I agree that EC (and his lack of a good publicist) has done a lot to tarnish his legacy. I was a huge EC fan but Im over it with him. It started after reading his autobiography and...
  10. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

https://audioassault.mx/products/seacow-cabs-teaser-pack?_pos=1&_sid=2d2de4d8b&_ss=r
  11. zestystrat

I'm done with the band thing

I hear ya @GCDEF it can get to be frustrating. After being in a project where I didn't like what was going on, I formed my own. I run an original band that's been gigging since 2003. It's A LOT of work. But I used the field of dreams philosophy (if you build it...) We used to gig constantly...
  12. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

After reading almost 1200 posts, asking questions on the thread, PMing a few members privately with questions, this vintage amp guy is taking the plunge. Saw an open box on Zzounds and jumped on it. If I can't get it to where I'm happy using it live, I'll def figure out a way to record with it.
  13. zestystrat

Robben Ford Sahara Moon chord(s) changes...

Last time I saw him in Atlanta, he was using the Dumble. I think now that he is Nashville, locals shows are gonna get the Dumble. I'm sure it was same when he was on the West coast.
  14. zestystrat

Change my view: great players don't need a compression pedal

Welp, it’s official…we’ve run out of things to talk about.
  15. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

This is perfect! Thx so much!
  16. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

Thx for the reply. I’ve done that in a studio: recorded direct, had amp sims in my headphones and later sent the dry signal to a mic’d up amp and recorded that. But in this case, I’d like the dry signal and the rig to be recorded. Maybe the answer is that it can be recorded dry, but the...
  17. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

I'm a total noob to the modeler world and I've been keeping up with this thread for the most part so apologies if it's been asked before: When recording with MX5, is there an option to record the track dry AND with the amp/cab/fx/IRs. So if I liked the performance but decided later that I...
  18. zestystrat

Deciding on amp for gig - mine or bandmate's...

I've played a lot of these types of festivals. Unless its some kind of crazy unique amp, I'd get specifics on the backline and use theirs. IME there is usually a few Fender, Vox, Marshal types. Honestly, for an hour slot it's worth it. I feel that I should be able to get a decent sound out...
  19. zestystrat

Thx for the info @Dave Fox! Lighter is better IMHO
  20. zestystrat

Bringing this thread back from the dead to say I just ordered a v2. Reading this thread is getting me pumped. Never really bonded with any of the fuzz pedals Ive tried: white dot SF, Hartman bc108, Fulltone ‘70, EQD Dream Crusher & an Astro tone - the last two I liked the best. I’m hoping...
  21. zestystrat

Avoid LoopMaster loop pedals

If I had an outstanding order, I’d just file a PayPal dispute and try to get my money back and move on.
  22. zestystrat

Milkman the Amp q&a

My $0.02 I think if I was just playing thru headphones, I’d look into units like the Headrush MX5 or something similar.
  23. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

My Sweetwater guy said it’s “brand new unit on pre-order right now. There is nothing I can do on it.”
  24. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

So, who’s got the Labor Day discount code so I can buy one on the cheap? :D
  25. zestystrat

Headrush MX5

I saw one video of his, found it unwatchable and I still am on the fence about the MX5. So yeah, I’m going to disagree
Top Bottom