• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Search results

1. Deed_Poll

Ark Instruments (Formerly Armstrong)

This headstock is awesome!
  2. Deed_Poll

Ark Instruments (Formerly Armstrong)

The Vector looks great! I love what you've done with the binding around the controls.
  3. Deed_Poll

Shredders / Technical Players... Would you rock this?

I will be doing one with covered humbuckers, I am going to cut away a humbucker hole in a Jazzmaster cover and mount it almost like a big mini-humbucker in P-90 ring LP Deluxe type bag. It looks cool in my renders so far! Thanks for your encouragement on the style! The way I see it, I'm...
  4. Deed_Poll

Again, thanks so much for such a comprehensive response! Lots of really useful points and insights. I share your passion for playing gigs with unexpected guitars! I played my white '67 Flying V reissue with Maestro at a seated folk gig whilst wearing a knitted jumper. It was epic! To be...
  5. Deed_Poll

I really appreciate your feedback! You have identified some of the exact issues I have been struggling with. In answer to your first question, when I originally designed this guitar I was going for more of a vintage functionality in line with offerings like BilT (which I love) but in my own...
  6. Deed_Poll

Hey Sleep! I couldn't tell you the exact model off the top of my head, but it's from Marchant Dice in the UK and has a bed size of about 1200mm by 660mm - easily big enough even for a neck thru bass, so certainly big enough for my requirements! I made my own vacuum bed for it out of a plywood...
  7. Deed_Poll

Hi Miks, I played a Boden and it's stunning. I played a 7-string Claas guitar at MusikMesse this year, and was really blown away by what the extended scale does for the lower register, and how natural it felt under the fingers. I'm developing my own specifically "ergonomic" type guitar for 6, 7...
  8. Deed_Poll

Thank you so much for your well considered, detailed and honest feedback everyone! I am waiting to get back to to my computer to write a more comprehensive reply but it is much appreciated.
  9. Deed_Poll

Sorry! I think I fixed it. Thanks for your reply! I fear you might be right, I guess the jury's still out on whether there's a market for this kind of fusion between retro looks and sounds and modern features and playability. Cheers!
  10. Deed_Poll

Hello everyone! I've just been starting up as a builder slowly since I got my first CNC a few months ago. I've been learning the CNC ropes, as they say! I've made several parts guitars of my own design and thought I might have a crack at launching my own models, of which this will be the first...
  11. Deed_Poll

Official Kiesel/Carvin Guitars Thread

Lots of stunning guitars on this thread, but this is the only one I would play. Beautiful! I love the contrast between the antique ash and the bright colours. Bravo.
  12. Deed_Poll

If $600 'Backlund' guitars were offered, is there any interest out there?

This is really great. The 100 model has always been my favourite of your designs. All the best with it, I wish I could put the money down on one but I am pouring all my funds into making my own prototypes at the moment. I will look forward to being sorely disappointed in a couple of years'...
  13. Deed_Poll

Thinking of starting guitar company

I think there's a gap in the market for boutique old Epiphone Coronet style solid bodies and DC LP Jrs and Specials. There is a guy Harvester who does his own interesting take on that stuff and more besides like Wandre guitars that have a cool '60s aesthetic. I agree with others that if you...
  14. Deed_Poll

K-Line KL Series...New Colors!

Hi Chris, They look fantastic! I've recently become a fan of Sonic Blue / tort and now I can't get enough of it! How would you describe the positioni of the neck pickups on these models? Looks almost half way between the neck & mid position, particularly on the DC. Does it still sound like a...
  15. Deed_Poll

A little survey for you

Hi Bill, I think there are so many people who fall into the "i'll build anything you want" camp that you have to build your own brand identity alongside and limit your custom options to pickups, neck dimensions, frets etc - the non visual stuff. Stick to 1-3 well thought out models of...
  16. Deed_Poll

Ask Terry McInturff anything that you want to...right here

This is a really interesting subject! Whilst I'm not a builder by any stretch of the imagination (I've assembled a handful of partscasters) this is something I've often wondered about - if the pickup electromagnetically senses a vibrating string, supposing you hold the string still and...
  17. Deed_Poll

Kauer Sunset Limited- Custom Argonaut

Looks kinda cool! Maybe something that lines up with the top of the pickup, like this LP special:
  18. Deed_Poll

Thanks for the tip! All this talk of vulcanising is very interesting. It makes me think of cricket bats, made of willow, where even after you buy it and take it home you have to 'knock it in', which is a process whereby you repeatedly knock the surface of the bat with a hard cricket ball...
  19. Deed_Poll

A motion sensor in a guitar pick

So you just joined TGP to make a snappy offhand comment? I admire your dedication to subtle humour!:Devil
  20. Deed_Poll

A motion sensor in a guitar pick

Don't want to piss on the barbecue, but doesn't this belong in the 'builders and retailer's section?
  21. Deed_Poll

Oh I don't have the wood yet. I'm playing with a few ideas for future projects and have a tendency to make things as logistically difficult for myself as possible! :) Ben, you raise some good points as well. I'm just wondering if there's an easy way I can test this without having to build a...
  22. Deed_Poll

Ah of course! I guess that's the cost of unbeatable fret access :)
  23. Deed_Poll

Looks and sounds fantastic! I love the Cherry on this, even thought I'm not such a fan of it on Gibsons. And that back binding around the neck join looks very smart. You've struck a great balance between the two styles. I wonder how a black 3-ply 345 type pickguard would look with this...
  24. Deed_Poll

Terry, Thanks so much for your detailed response. I think you're right to urge caution! And given that it appears I have remembered my figures wrong, it seems like a lot of effort / risk just to get another couple of percent out of the wood. I still might try it, but I fear you might be right...
  25. Deed_Poll

Hi Gary, As I understand it, the freezing is required to bring the moisture to below the triple point (below which it cannot be both liquid water and solid ice), I think to guarantee that the moisture immediately passes from a solid to a gas as the vacuum reduces the pressure. I think in...
Top Bottom