• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Search results

1. thrashmetl

Telecaster pickups: How does a blackguard actually sound?

I would definitely recommend the Klein over the Fender OV ‘52. I only expounded upon the Fender pickup in my other post because it’s a common misconception that you can only get those types of overdriven tones with higher output pickups like the Nocaster and Broadcaster. I’ve had a Klein...
  2. thrashmetl

Telecaster pickups: How does a blackguard actually sound?

I wouldn’t worry about the wiring. A lot of guys use 50’s style wiring, but I use modern wiring with a treble bleed. For me it retains the treble and bass in a more even way when you roll down the volume and when you roll down the tone knob it doesn’t suck out as much volume as 50’s wiring. In...
  3. thrashmetl

Is a Reverend Charger close enough to a Les Paul to warrant not owning both?

Two humbuckers. Stick with the Les Paul unless you think the Les Paul sounds too thick. The Les Paul is a distinct, classic sound. The Reverend is more of neutral humbucker sound, but they generally cover the same ground. Redundant. BTW, not trashing Reverends, they’re great guitars. I’ve owned...
  4. thrashmetl

NGD: Epiphone IBG ES-335 and comparison to recent Nashville-made Gibson ES-335

Made some short videos. I swapped in some Lollar Low Wind Imperials and changed the magnets to A4 because the stock magnets did not work AT ALL. The A4 sounds fantastic. Plexi: Deluxe Reverb:
  5. thrashmetl

Took a closer look at mine today, the wine red one on the first page, and mine actually appears to be a 2-piece neck. Only the headstock is a separate piece.
  6. thrashmetl

‘59 vs 64’ cs es335’s?

That’s unfortunate. I don’t think I would buy something that expensive without playing it first. Thankfully I live in LA where I can actually do that. I’ve always been a big neck guy, but I think I’ve come to the realization lately that necks don’t have to be huge, they just have to be...
  7. thrashmetl

‘59 vs 64’ cs es335’s?

Pretty sure they’re both bound fretboards, the ‘58 is unbound.
  8. thrashmetl

‘59 vs 64’ cs es335’s?

Neck shape too, ‘59 should be a thicker neck profile.
  9. thrashmetl

Not relevant to this thread, older model not part of the new Inspired by Gibson line.
  10. thrashmetl

Now I really want to compare with a Gibson. I would feel awfully lame if I bought a Gibson and it was only slightly better. Anyone in north OC or south LA County down to get together and compare? I’m in the La Habra / Whittier area.
  11. thrashmetl

I’m with you. I picked up a Guitar Center Epi ES-335 Traditional Pro earlier this year and right out of the box it was amazing. All it really required was a pickup adjustment and that was it. For those who don’t know, the Traditional Pro that is a Guitar Center exclusive is an Inspired By Gibson...
  12. thrashmetl

York Audio Impulse Response Library

The real answer to your question is another question: Why do you bother asking? In the long run you and everyone here know you’re going to buy both. It’s really only a matter of which one you’re going to buy first. Short answer though: M65 is more versatile, works with almost everything. M25...
  13. thrashmetl

Harmony Comet

They’re made by Heritage in the old Gibson factory. It’s they’re new American line of guitars from what I understand. They are carved tops too, not plywood like a 335. I’ve been wondering about the necks on these. How would you describe it?
  14. thrashmetl

Eastman Romeo or Romeo LA (That is the question)?

I’m also interested to know what the neck profile is like on these. I played a newer T-386 a while back and hated the neck profile. I have big hands and love big necks, but it was just too wide and just didn’t feel good to me.
  15. thrashmetl

York Audio Impulse Response Library

Justin posted this a week ago on the Fractal forum: “I apologize for things being “quiet” around here. I took some time off, but I’m ready to get back into capturing some cabs. I still need to get one of my pre-Rolas repaired before I shoot that cab, but it’s definitely on my list.” Looks like...
  16. thrashmetl

Shook Luke's hand tonight!

A good buddy of mine was Luke’s guitar tech for quite a while, probably still does work for him on occasion. Has some pretty good stories.
  17. thrashmetl

Solo Beatles Who is your Fav

The Beatles were truly more than the sum of all of their parts. I love the Beatles but hate all the parts. Nothing any of them did solo held a candle to the worst Beatles song. Bring the hate.
  18. thrashmetl

Telecaster + offset body?

Search Telemaster or Jazzcaster. Found a cheap one. https://reverb.com/item/45841080-guitar-body-telemaster-style-nitro-finish-barncaster-pinecaster-nomoonlaser?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=45841080
  19. thrashmetl

Russian Circles. Wow.

LOOOOOOVE Grails! But I would almost consider them psychedelic. Fantastic headphones music!
Top Bottom