• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. E

Palmer PDI-09 " The Junction " => does " Normal " setting equal *no* Cab Sim ?

A filter that simulates a mic'd speaker cabinet, which is the whole point of using it. ;)
  2. E

Garageband '11 (6.0.5) interface needed: advice, please?

Nope, no issues. I'm on a 2013 MBA with usb 3. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. E

Garageband '11 (6.0.5) interface needed: advice, please?

Id go for the Presonus. It's a good interface, and I've had a good result with the drivers. Can't say the same when I had the UX2. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. E

Best yet affordable way to do direct or cab sim recording?

I think it sounds good. Check out the Ola Englund video to see a good representation of it. http://youtu.be/5Jxn_txrii0
  5. E

Best yet affordable way to do direct or cab sim recording?

The CabClone is great, and it's only $299. The onboard sounds are good, but you can also run it into an IR plugin as well, and mix between the two.
  6. E

Share your Garageband makings!

It's definitely worth upgrading to the current version of GB, particularly for Drummer, which is awesome. This is just a short test clip, but it uses Drummer: https://soundcloud.com/polaris20/s-gear-test-1
  7. E

Home Studio - Got my 4 track cassette recorder... what next?

Yeah, the aptly named Multitrack DAW app will do it. GarageBand is technically multitrack as well, but you're limited to one mono or stereo track at a time, whereas MTD will do multiple inputs with the appropriate interface, like my Presonus iTwo.
  8. E

It sure can multitrack. And yeah I was agreeing with you; sorry it sounded like I was trying to argue.
  9. E

So can my iPhone. And sound better while doing it. I had a Tascam Portastudio in the 90's, and did learn a lot. But I'd never want to go back.
  10. E

Latency in garageband

Does the Scarlett have separate control panels for adjusting things? Some interfaces do, some don't. That might be something to look for. Also, couple other things: A. did you update to the newest version of GB, released after Yosemite? and B., have you adjusted the audio settings in GB itself?
  11. E

PreSonus AudioBox iTwo vs V1

I never had the V1, but I do currently own the iTwo. It sounds great, I'm really enjoying it. Also works with my iPhone and iPad, which is slick.
  12. E

multitrack software?

Tracktion is fantastic.
  13. E

Which Mac for Logic Pro X?

Thanks for the computer lesson. I already know all that. Like I said, it's still faster, which is still beneficial, despite the USB3.0 bottleneck. And that's relevant because USB drive shells are still far more plentiful. Not only that, but audio is unlikely to phase an SSD in a USB3.0 shell...
  14. E

OSX Yosemite & Logic Pro?

Doesn't matter. I've recovered countless drives with Time Machine, but use Super Duper for cloning.
  15. E

I know they don't, but with Macs, there's really no excuse. Time Machine is dead simple to use.
  16. E

Yeah, with a Mac it's pretty simple to load it to a USB drive and try it that way. I've even had our field guys load it to a 128GB USB3.0 thumb drive, in case of emergency. It actually runs really well. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. E

No, it doesn't. Because even at 5Gbps, it's faster than a 7200rpm hard drive.
  18. E

No offense, but I wouldn't expect GB to run well on a 2007 Mac anyway. The old version wasn't that great on my 2010 MBP. However, the new version on Yosemite runs great on my 2013 MBA.
  19. E

Agreed, however Logic does work fine for me at home, so compatibility seems fine. I can't speak for everyone's third party plugins, obviously.
  20. E

I've been running Yosemite Beta since 5 on my primary work computer, supporting over a hundred servers, and several hundred users, usually with 3-4 virtual machines going at any given time, and generally about 5 virtual desktops at once. In addition, I spend a considerable amount of time in FCPX...
  21. E

Multitrack / Portastudio recorders

I ditched the standalone. iPad plus Presonus is the way to go for me.
  22. E

Line Level to Camcorder

Without buying something, I'm not sure. But Beachtek makes some killer stuff for camcorders/dSLR's. http://beachtek.com/dxa-2t/
  23. E

ipod to mixer connection

They do, but sometimes there's a little delay with bluetooth that can cause issues for some people. I know in my car, when I play a track, it takes maybe half a second for it to come through the stereo. So if my daughter is playing videos in the backseat, it'll be out of sync with the lips.
  24. E

Recording with IPad

It wouldn't work very well, without some sort of interface. This is what I ordered: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AudioBoxiTwo
  25. E

Recording with IPad

Honestly, you're better off going for something like the Presonus iTwo, which would allow you to run the balanced outs from the mixer into the interface, then iPad.
Top Bottom