• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. cottonmike

Considering 'Restoring' a '69 SG Special...Advice Needed

Take it down, clean to the white meat. Keep it thin, with the gun oil.
  2. cottonmike

Les Paul Juniors: Singlecut or Doublecut?

Great read. Thanks, Mark.
  3. cottonmike

Craiglist ‘59(ish) Junior score: restored

Glad you don't have to carry around that, "Shoulda, woulda, coulda, for the rest of your life. That would have been a burden to shoulder. Great story, Man. Love that JR.
  4. cottonmike

Identify this mystery LP

The misaligned pole pieces harsh's my buzz.
  5. cottonmike

1960 Gibson Melody Maker - worth it? [RESOLVED]

Looks like a great deal to me. It's got the more desirable, wide pick up.
  6. cottonmike

Is it just me or the vintage market is slow af ?

Question for you guys about shipping: Does it not make more sense to have the buyer ship and just take the shipping amount off of the agreed upon sales price? That way they would have control over how it is shipped, which company to use, and how much insurance to take out. Otherwise you would...
  7. cottonmike

Point well taken. Did a quick search on Reverb there's three really clean ones listed from 2600-4300$
  8. cottonmike

Thanks for your help. I have actually seen your video before-sounds great and nice playing. There are no other spots of discoloration on mine, just what's shown on the top. I'm thinking I might should just hold on to mine.
  9. cottonmike

Thanks for the input. May I ask-what kind of condition was yours when you purchased? I'm starting to realize that excellent condition doesn't mean that much.
  10. cottonmike

I had it gone through at the local music store by the tech there. He's very good but by no means a visible name. Have a look at my listing if you have time, please. Thank you. https://reverb.com/item/17904396-1959-gibson-ga-18-explorer-amp
  11. cottonmike

I've got a '59 Gibson GA 18 Explorer that I listed on Reverb, just before Christmas. Lot's of views but no conversations, thus far. I've got it 2000$, because it is the cleanest example I've ever seen. I know that there is a small but passionate group out there that covet this amp, but no...
  12. cottonmike

A vintage guitar Your holy grail.

Sweet Man! Love the MM's. The thing has got to be it's own little deal. Bet it sounds great.
  13. cottonmike

Would be interested to see a photo of that vintage MM.
  14. cottonmike

New Guitar (to me) Day - Stratotone... Now what?

No truss rod? I'm sure you've seen this but thought I'd post it, anyway. I find it fascinating, the things this Gentleman can do, to save a guitar life:
  15. cottonmike

Love the Antigua's Had a good friend that had the Strat one back in the late 70's. Best Strat tone I have ever heard, on that one. He was doing a lot of Hughie Thommason Outlaws stuff. The Grey Ghost. To this day, he still plays the same neck. It has lived through 5-6 different Strat's.
  16. cottonmike

Bicentennial Firebird

I love it! I like the big necks too, but I guess the concern with a big-neck FB would be neck dive? It will be interesting to hear your report on FBNGD.
  17. cottonmike

Teilman Bros

Came across this last night cruising around YouTube. "1960 Guitar Instrumental". Interesting. I've never heard of them and haven't yet looked up their history or to see who might call them their inspiration. PS: Lead guitarist is playing a LP in TV Gold. Amazing how well it shows up on the old...
  18. cottonmike

New to the stable ‘62 Epiphone Wilshire

How is the balance? How do the P-90's sound compared to modern ones? Neck shape" Always liked the body shape on these.
  19. cottonmike

Tuners for a vintage Melody Maker/ Olympic

That's a beautiful MM you found, OldBlack. Could we see the back. Love looking at the old one piece MM bodies through stain. Also very interested in your description of what you hear with your pick ups? Glad to see you got the fat ones. Congratulations. That's a treasure.
  20. cottonmike

1974 Les Paul Custom "twentieth Anniversary"

Here is a treat for you. I think Billy Jones's Custom was a '71.
  21. cottonmike

Melody Maker Custom Build

I was searching for Melody Maker mod ideas over the weekend and came across this MM scratch build. Easily the most beautiful MM I have ever seen. https://haltenny.deviantart.com/art/Gibson-Melody-Maker-275906708
  22. cottonmike

They just follow me home, I swear... new Melody Maker project

Agree. Put the emphasis on "one piece", and let it show.
  23. cottonmike

They just follow me home, I swear... new Melody Maker project

How does the single coil sound next to that DiMarzio? So the piece started life out as a MM single, right? Will a humbucker fit into that back cavity? Looks like the original route for the original single coil? Love the old Melody Makers. Have fun.
Top Bottom