• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. tooter007

Why I'm thinking of getting an se silver sky instead of a core silver sky

I can think of 1600 reasons why to get the SE.
  2. tooter007

SE Silver Sky - not interested

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas." -Dandy Don Meredith
  3. tooter007

SE Silver Sky posted on PRS Facebook page

Then I'd polish it off with a tall, cool Budweiser.
  4. tooter007

PRS SE Silver Sky

If the neck is the same as the US model, then I am in. IMO the selling feature of the silver sky is the neck.
  5. tooter007

Suhr Classic S Paulownia opinion?

Guitarfetish have been selling Paulownia bodies for years, very inexpensively too. I bought one of their "s" -type bodies years ago, I swear the thing was filled with helium! Made a very fun and crazy lightweight partscaster. Ironically paired it with a Warmoth neck with cost about 4x the...
  6. tooter007

Has Asia cornered the James Tyler market?

Kind of like a Silver Sky? :hide2:hide
  7. tooter007

New JHS Packrat

But dude, the skin is where the vitamins are.
  8. tooter007

New JHS Packrat

I had that same experience with the Bonsai, in the end the JHS modded TS9 sounded the best and that's all I would ever use.
  9. tooter007

NGD Kramer Baretta Vintage

Aahh the Kramer Baretta....had one back in the 80's. I "bypassed" the whole locking nut and string retainer/tree by putting the ball end of strings in the tuners, and cutting string at the bridge. Great memories, my first real quality guitar.
  10. tooter007

LINE 6 HELIX + KRAMER BARETTA SPECIAL + AVIATE AUDIO AIRPATCH

Thanks for posting,..great jam. Just goes to show how cool these Kramer Baretta Specials are too. My first real guitar was an early 80's Baretta in cream white. Wish I still had that axe. I am seriously considering getting one of these Baretta Specials just because.
  11. tooter007

JHS Series 3 Reverb

That's interesting that you are running it in the Ceriatone OTS. I was trying it in the loop of the VHT D-50H which is kinda the same thing. I owned the Ceriatone OTS 50 about a decade ago, then stumbled upon the VHT D-50H used at a local GC recently. So far so good, reminds me very much of...
  12. tooter007

JHS Series 3 Reverb

Not necessarily new pedals at $100, but certainly many used pedals in that price point, TC HOF2 and any BOSS RV series certainly in that price point. I love many JHS pedals btw, again the Morning Glory is stellar and I have the JHS/Boss collab Angry Driver on my radar as well.
  13. tooter007

JHS Series 3 Reverb

I found it okay, not great, but okay. I think there are better reverb pedal values in the same price point and I am not hating on JHS. I absolutely LOVE the Morning Glory V4. I also found the reverb took out a bit of high end presence when engaged and I fiddled with the tone knob to try and...
  14. tooter007

Favorite FENDER Non-CS Strat

I agree those 7-1/4 radius are great.
  15. tooter007

Favorite FENDER Non-CS Strat

2014 60th Anniversary Fender American Original 1954 Strat. These were as close to custom shop that they have ever made in a production model IMHO. Limited to 1,954 pieces. Absolutely nailed it in every respect. Only thing closer and perhaps a nod better was the 2004 50th Anniversary Fender...
  16. tooter007

Bill Lawrence The Original Circuitboard Pickup

Thanks for your great input/history on the Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups! I have a set of the Keystones that came stock in my late 90's US Masters Legrand strat. (another great and misunderstood company that has sadly gone out of business). They are IMHO the absolute best noiseless "single...
  17. tooter007

Sold P90 Guitar $1,000 Budget

https://reverb.com/item/40170459-rivolta-combinata-vii-limited-edition-burgundy-mist-guitar-bstock
  18. tooter007

This guy is really not happy with MESA

Had a Mesa Nomad 100 head back in the day, new from GC. Long story short, every flippin potentiometer in that pos had to be replaced (under warranty). This was the early-mid 2000's, a time when MANY Mesa dealers dropped them for QC issues. I sold the Nomad soon after the repair out of fear of...
  19. tooter007

Why so much animosity for PRS players, or for anyone that has a guitar with a nice top?

Again I will say....PRS makes guitars that are really precision machines made to bring out the best in what you have skill wise, and perhaps shine a light on what you don't have yet as well. That has always been my impression of PRS guitars, and I really love my 93 CE, just a fantastic...
  20. tooter007

Why so much animosity for PRS players, or for anyone that has a guitar with a nice top?

PRS makes guitars that are really precision machines made to bring out the best in what you have skill wise, and perhaps shine a light on what you don't have yet as well. That has always been my impression of PRS guitars, and I really love my 93 CE, just a fantastic instrument that just works...
  21. tooter007

Did reverb.com remove the ages of listings? [EDIT: They're STAYING!]

It does NOT work for every listing. Here is an example. I did find other examples where you click on product specs and it shows up, but this one below (and many others) it does not show up. Perhaps it only works for used gear, I don't know. BTW...I'm not here to cause any trouble, I'm just...
  22. tooter007

It seems like a lot of rigamaroll to get there. Used to be able to click product specs and see how long posting has been up, and before that they just showed how long the listing was up right in the title. A nice feature to have when you want to try negotiating a better deal, but thats not...
  23. tooter007

Reviving an old thread, but just had to confirm your prediction. Price tracking history is now completely gone afaik.
  24. tooter007

New Quilter Aviator Cub?

Played one today. IT's very Hi-Fi sounding to me. Not that it's a bad thing. It's very present and clear, in-your-face kind of thing, very touch dynamic. If a person goes into this amp not expecting it to sound exactly like something else, you will probably be very pleased. Smaller than I...
  25. tooter007

Licks that made you go "WTF was that?" Screaming Headless Torsos content.

What Eddie does at 1:21 - 1:30 in the Stompin 8H jam from his SNL appearance is one of those moments. https://fb.watch/4ERIM6xY12/
Top Bottom