• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. E

Digitech Trio.

That looks stupid.
  2. E

Line 6 and Yamaha at NAMM 2015

I found the THR to be pretty awful, and am always surprised when I see it get so much credit here.
  3. E

Best small load box for Torpedo CAB?

Not to be contrarian, but the Hot Plate isn't a very good sounding load, since it's resistive, and not reactive. Some resistive loads can sound decent (Mesa CabClone, for example), but I found the HP to be pretty crappy sounding, IMO.
  4. E

Well, "Cork Sniffer" I wear like a badge of honor. :D
  5. E

Anyone using Line6 AMPLIFi live?

I've owned many Line 6 products over the last 12+ years, and never had a problem. I've found that no matter what brand you're talking about, you can always find someone shouting loudly on the Internet how it breaks down a lot, because they work on them. No offense, but it's just not a...
  6. E

NAMM 2015 Hotone digital modelling pedal

It certainly looks good.
  7. E

I'd say you're being overly kind, in many cases. :D
  8. E

Atomic Amplifire - And Go!!!

Yes, an actual owners manual, so can definitively determine what to bicker about, instead of mere speculative bickering! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. E

Well, arguably it's exactly the same, since you can just add a controller to the Amplifire. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. E

Yup, I'd rather wait for the inevitable flood of clips from regular users to show up, get an overall feel for it, then give it a go. I did just offload my POD HD in anticipation, but I've still got my iPad with BIAS, S-Gear, and my Mesas with a Cabclone. No shortage of toys to record with in the...
  11. E

I don't suppose it's as easy as slapping two TigerSHARCs in there, improving the modeling detail and allowing IR loading, and charging us $1000, is it? :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. E

I thought they said February. I'm getting one, but I'm not sure how long it'll take. I'm not on a list. I was an early adopter for a couple things, and I'm not doing that again, no matter how good the clips are. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. E

How do you mike up a POD? There's no power amp or speaker. Kidding aside, it's simply impossible to support your metric, or disprove it, since no one's done a study of the specifics of POD usage worldwide in studios. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. E

What are we on, like page 3 or 4 of bitching about the lack of USB audio? LOL Do I wish it had it? Yeah, it'd be cool. Am I crying over it? No. Jesus guys. Get over it, work a few extra shifts at McDonalds, and get a $100 audio interface. Case closed. Or go buy an AxeFx II, because even...
  15. E

Difference in philosophy, I suppose. Id prefer to merely have a device ready to go and sounding great with stock stuff, and some tweaking. Also, the one good thing about the TN stuff is the ability to visually slide the virtual mic around. A bit skewmorphic, but appropriate here for...
  16. E

Even the updated cabinets aren't that great. I'm not at all impressed. Redwirez and Ownhammer still own it, for IR's, IMO. It's just disappointing that a $1000 device like the Live still requires more money and/or time spent on either buying or making better IR's. Sent from my iPhone using...
  17. E

ROFL Yeah, they hugely failed, all the way to the bank. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. E

Who stated it as scientific fact that the modeling is indeed better than a POD HD? I must have missed that. Sure, IMO the clips are already sounding better than a POD HD, but without playing it I won't know for sure. After all, people here carry on about how great the Two Notes stuff is, and...
  19. E

Dude, it's TGP. Someone's got to step up and rant about X feature missing on device no one's tried yet. I guess it was Mikah's turn this week. Who's got the calendar? When am I up? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. E

Awesome amp modeling (presumably above POD HD level) for far south of a grand, and it doesn't do tone matching stock? Oh, the humanity! How do we as guitarists live? How do we carry on? Somebody, please. Tell me it's gonna be okay.
  21. E

Could be. They could get a lot more mileage by just keeping the modeling engine the same, and iterating it by adding that capability, which isn't much in the way of development for them, but a huge step in audio quality for consumers.
  22. E

You probably should refrain from saying stuff like that then, at least until you can make an informed judgement. Sure, "best" is going to always be subjective, but saying stuff like that is still silly, without having tried it.
  23. E

Sure, that's true. But when anyone makes a comment about sound quality without having actually used the device in question, I'm most definitely going to say something, because it's just stupid to comment on quality being superior or inferior, based on a few internet clips.
  24. E

It doesn't have the best amp modeling? You've played one in person? How's the Recto model?
  25. E

Ironic? Where's the uproar over Kemper not having USB audio?
Top Bottom