• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. forum_crawler

EMG 66/57 Who has tried them?

I installed these recently in my Flying V. I have to say that I am quite impressed with them. They are very natural sounding, in fact, they do sound very much like passive pickups but with more bite. They are not quite as aggressive as my SD Blackouts, but they offer more note definition, and...
  2. forum_crawler

NAD: 2005 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier

Alright, many are quite familiar with these amps and being an owner of a 2011 Roadster that I purchased brand new, I thought it would be almost identical to my roadster. It came as quite the surprise to see how different these amps really are. The cleans on the DR are not as good as the...
  3. forum_crawler

New Flying V... broken headstock :(

So my son was playing around my computer area this evening and he has habbit of strumming whatever guitar I have handy. Today, he ran into my flying v and broke the headstock right below the tuning pegs. The guitar is a new '67 gibson flying v. I have not even had the chance to change the...
  4. forum_crawler

DIY guitar case management

So I have several guitar cases laying around my basement and I am looking for ways of storing them in such a way that they are easy to get to and not stationary in one place. Building season is almost over now that winter is approaching so super complex projects would not work :( Has...
  5. forum_crawler

NGD: 2011 Gibson Flying V Cherry

Hey everyone, I have been searching for my next axe for quite some time now. I tried pretty much all the LTDs I would consider... I couldn't bond with the necks. Tried an ESP, same thing. I even tried some brands I wouldn't normally try just to see what it was that I actually wanted. After...
  6. forum_crawler

Nad: Evh 5150 iii 50 w

So I have to eat crow... My household has been happily fender-free until now. I needed a smaller amp for band practice and for noodling at home. Lugging my Mesa Roadster + Recto sized 2x12 + effects rack + pedalboard gets cumbersome. I decided it was time to get something smaller so I...
  7. forum_crawler

Mini Rectifier... Not loud enough?

OK so I just got myself a new Mesa Mini Rectifier and it does sound very good but after taking it to band practice for the first time I have concluded that I may not have enough volume. I love the tones, it has an awesome clean channel, and the gain channel is all recto. Gig worthy... If you...
  8. forum_crawler

ESP/LTD, Gibson owners...

Would it be too snooty of me to want an guitar with the ESP name on the headstock as opposed to LTD? I would love to get a black Gibson explorer with no pickguard, but who knows when Gibson will release one. I currently own a faded cherry explorer and have replaced the electronics with...
  9. forum_crawler

Gibson Explorer Vampire Blood Moon

I was looking to buy myself a new guitar this Christmas and was thinking about either getting an ESP LTD EX-401DX, a Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR, or a PRS SE Torero, all with a FR bridge. Turns out I couldn't actually play the LTD, and nor the FR Schecter and just plain didn't like the EMGs...
  10. forum_crawler

PRS vs Schecter vs LTD

Hi there, I am shopping for a new 2nd guitar and I want it to me reasonable in price, to have a double locking tremolo system, active pickups and neckthrough construction. Naturally good construction is a must as well as durability. The contenters are: 1. PRS SE Torero 2. Schecter Blackjack...
  11. forum_crawler

Ground Control Pro labels...

I was wondering if anybody knew where to get those nice pedal-styled stickers/labels that people use on their ground control pros. I have been looking around and just can't seem to find where to get them, or the template to make them. Not to mention how to turn them into stickers! :bonk Any...
  12. forum_crawler

Traynor YCS100H2 & midi control...

Hi everybody, I have a Traynor YCS100H2 and I want to control all the functions on it using a midi. Now I know the amp does not support midi at all, and not only that, it cannot be controlled using the Voodoo Lab GCX/GCP, nor the RJM RG-16/AmpGizmo, etc. The amp uses a 5-pin DIN interface...
  13. forum_crawler

Midi channel switching

Hi everyone, I am interested in getting a Traynor YCS100H2 head, and I also want to be able to control the channel and solo selections through midi. The amp has a foot controller that takes a midi cable to operate the channel switching functions, however, it doesn't use midi to do this. I guess...
  14. forum_crawler

Traynor Custom Special 100H2

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this amplifier?. From what I read, it should be capable of Triple Rectifier type of gain, along with a very nice clean channel. I find myself with too many pedals trying to reproduce a great distortion sound, so I will get rid of all of them...
  15. forum_crawler

Dear Visual Sound...

Now that TC Electronics has introduced their Nova Drive with the ability to digitally control the analog circuits inside through midi, would it not be possible for you to do the same? I think this is a brilliant idea and if you offered this feature, it would make your fantastic H2O unbeatable...
  16. forum_crawler

TC Electronics Nova Drive - Who has theirs already?

I have had mine on order since they were announced months ago, so I can hardly wait to get mine now that they are shipping. So... 1. Does anyone have theirs yet? 2. Have one on order? 3. Will eventually get one?
  17. forum_crawler

Who loves their Explorer?

OK, so I just recently bought a new gibson explorer with the faded cherry finish. The first thing I did was change the pickups from the 496R/500T to Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and wow, this guitar sings! I can't believe that I never bought an explorer before, and I can't believe how great if...
  18. forum_crawler

If you cant have a Tim/Timmy...

What Barber pedal would you get? I am thinking about that low gain articulation and chord definition the Timmy is so famous for...
  19. forum_crawler

How do I order a Dirty Bomb?

Hi everyone, I live in Canada and I am wondering about how to order a Barber Dirty Bomb. The PissYOUoff pedal is never coming out so I am ready to consider alternatives. Thanks!
  20. forum_crawler

New Gibson Explorer Faded

So I ordered a new Gibson Explorer Faded Cherry and will replace the 496R/500T pickups for SD Blackouts. What can I expect from this guitar?
  21. forum_crawler

Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe

So I decided to give this little guy a try and see how it sounds, and here is what I found... As some have mentioned before, there is a bit of a delay when you first engage the pedal which is not too bad I suppose, especially if you have your pedals in a looper. What I liked: Well priced...
  22. forum_crawler

Ask your favourite builder for...

If you could ask one, or some of your favourite builders for something "extra" on their mass produced offerings, what would it be? In my case I wish Visual Sound offered Midi switching on their V2 series pedals. Presets would be awesome, but I would be happy with just switching... Voodoo Lab...
  23. forum_crawler

Customized Tim/Timmy

Just wondering if anybody has had their Tim/Timmy customized, as in getting it in a different box, different colour, etc from the man himself? If you have one, can you show it?
  24. forum_crawler

Retro-Sonic Phaser settings...

Hi everyone, I got a Retro-Sonic phaser for Christmas, and I am just getting used to the sounds this baby makes. It sounds very nice in the loop of my VK212 while playing clean. Here is the thing, I find that it gets a big muddy when used with distortion. Is there a recommended setting to get...
  25. forum_crawler

TC Electronics Nova Drive

http://www.tcelectronic.com/NovaDriveDetails.asp This is exactly what I was hoping Visual Sound would do with the Jekyll & Hyde. TS808/Rat Dist package with routing, true bypass, presets and midi control, and 100% Analogue!!! I don't know much about this, but if this sounds like my J&H, it...
Top Bottom